This authentic recipe was given to me by a visiting Argentinean professor while I was studying Spanish in college. They have become a staple food in my household as they are both simple to make, and delicious.
Provided by slatkasamrica
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, scallions, and bell pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add ground beef, oregano, salt, cayenne pepper, and cumin to the onion mixture. Cook and stir beef until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then cover and place in the refrigerator until meat is completely cooled, about 1 hour.
- Remove filling from the refrigerator and transfer into a colander to drain. Return filling to the Dutch oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Liberally grease a baking sheet with butter.
- Place about 2 tablespoons filling into the center of an empanada disc. Fold empanada in half into a crescent shape, press the edges of the dough together with a fork or your fingers to seal, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining empanadas and filling. Brush tops with egg white.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534.6 calories, Carbohydrate 65.6 g, Cholesterol 49 mg, Fat 21.7 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 22.6 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 1472.2 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the beef, chorizo, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly and breaking up chunks of meat with a potato masher or wooden spoon, until the ingredients are well blended, 5 to 7 minutes. Add additional cumin, if desired, and cook until the meat is browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Set aside to cool.
- On a floured surface, roll out each pie crust to a circle about 13 inches in diameter. Stamp out rounds using a 3-inch cutter. Put 1 tablespoon of filling on half of a round. Fold the other half of the round over the filling. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal the empanada all around. Repeat with the remaining rounds and filling.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Brush the top of each empanada with the egg wash. Arrange the empanadas on a nonstick baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer the empanadas to a platter and serve.
- Cook's Note: You can substitute your favorite pie crust recipe for store-bought. Make enough for two crusts.
EMPANADAS (BEEF TURNOVERS)
The perfect pastry for all meals! Empanadas, or beef turnovers, are discs of pastry packed with meat. Some turnover recipes call for all manner of fillings, but this GOYA® Empanada recipe features a delicious tomato, onion, garlic and beef mixture. You can enjoy empanadas as an appetizer, a main dish, or even after your main course. Use GOYA® Discos, or frozen pastry rounds, for a flaky beef turnover that will make your mouth water.
Provided by Goya
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir in tomato sauce, olives, Sofrito, Sazon, garlic, oregano and black pepper. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll out discos until 1/2-inch larger in diameter. Spoon about 1 tbsp. meat mixture into middle, fold in half to form a half moon; moisten edges with water and pinch to seal closed, or seal with a fork.
- Fill a deep saucepan with oil to a depth of 2 1/2-inches. Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking (350 degrees F on deep-fry thermometer). Cook Empanadas in batches until crisp and golden brown, flipping once, 4 - 6 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
People also searched
More about "easy beef empanadas recipes"
BEEF EMPANADAS - JO COOKS
4.6/5 (130)Calories 175 per servingCategory Appetizer
- In a medium skillet heat the olive oil and add the ground beef. Saute the ground beef until no longer pink, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add the onion and garlic to it and continue sautéing until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, beef broth, brown sugar and hot sauce to the skillet and stir. Cook for a couple more minutes then remove from heat and let the meat mixture cool until it comes to room temperature.
- Working with one puff pastry sheet at a time, roll it out so that it's long enough to cut 6 circles, 2 on each row, see video. Using a 4 inch cookie cutter or bowl, cut 6 circles, 2 per row. Fill each with a about a tablespoon of meat mixture in the middle of each pastry round. Brush half of the pastry round edge with egg wash, then fold the dough over into a half-moon shape so the edges meet and then press them together with your fingers to seal. Use a fork to crimp the edge. Place it onto a baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients. You should get around 40 empanadas. See notes.
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE - PUREWOW
2.8/5 Total Time 2 hrsServings 24Calories 145 per serving
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño, and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add the ground beef and cook until well browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and tomatoes, then bring to a simmer, mixing to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cool slightly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to flatten any creases. Using a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass (about 3 inches in diameter), cut circles from the dough. You may need to flour the cookie cutter or glass between cuts. (Note: You can reroll the scraps of pie dough once to cut more circles.)
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE (BAKED) - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
4.9/5 (15)Total Time 52 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 225 per serving
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and allow to come to temperature. Add the beef, break apart, and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the beef, is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400° and have ready 2 baking sheets lined with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Prepare the egg wash by whisking together the egg and the water. Set aside until ready to use.
- Working with one at a time, roll out the dough into a rectangle so that it is no more than an 1/8" thick. Cut into squares about 3 1/2" x 3 1/2".
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE | THE MODERN PROPER
Cuisine South AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 8Calories 395 per serving See details »
BEST CHEESY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESY ...
5/5 (11)Category Appetizers, Dinner, Lunch, Side DishOccupation Food DirectorTotal Time 2 hrs See details »
SPANISH BEEF EMPANADAS - ONLYGIRL4BOYZ
Cuisine SpanishEstimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main Dish See details »
10 BEST GROUND BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
EMPANADAS WITH A SPICY BEEF FILLING – ARGENTINIAN FOOD
4.7/5 (12)Calories 105 per servingCategory Beef, Pork And Lamb
- Mix the ground beef, very finely chopped onion, chopped parsley, and coriander, smoked and sweet paprika, very finely chopped jalapeňo, ground cumin, and coriander, chili flakes, and salt.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the mixture for about 2 minutes, breaking the lumps of meat with a wooden spoon. Add the tomato paste, stir well, and continue cooking the filling until the meat is cooked through about 5 minutes. Let cool while you make the dough.
- Place the flour and the salt to a bowl. Mix well. Cut the very cold butter into small cubes and rub it into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Only use your fingertips and not your whole hands, otherwise, the mixture will become too warm and soft. You can do this in the food processor as well, it's easier and quicker.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add them to the mixture. Add about ¾ of the very cold water and mix or process very shortly until the dough comes together.
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE - STAY SNATCHED
5/5 (31)Total Time 40 minsCategory Appetizer, Dinner, LunchCalories 261 per serving See details »
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS | CREME DE LA CRUMB
5/5 (20)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 629 per serving
- Unroll pie crusts on a clean, flat surface. Use a 3-inch round pastry cutter to cut circles from the dough. (If desired, combine scraps, roll out, and cut again.)
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS | A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
Ratings 8Calories 571 per servingCategory Appetizer, Main Course
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl. Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the flour. Cut in the butter until the flour mixture resembles small pebbles. Add the egg and milk. Stir to combine.
EASY BEEF EMPANADA RECIPE WITH PIE CRUST - NUM'S THE WORD
Reviews 330Calories 409 per servingCategory 30 Minute Meals
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onions and bell pepper until beef is cooked through, onions are translucent and peppers are soft.
ARGENTINE EMPANADAS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (8)Calories 209 per servingCategory Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish
- Add flour and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add egg and butter and stir well to combine. Add oil and warm water and stir until the mixture starts to come together into a dough ball. Add more water if it’s too dry.
- Divide the dough into two pieces. On a greased countertop roll each piece into a very large circle, about 1/8in thick (not so thin that it might break when filling or baking).
THE BEST MEXICAN STYLE BAKED BEEF EMPANADAS - MY LATINA TABLE
4/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 247 per serving
- Take a ball of dough that is about 1-1.5 inches in diameter and flatten it with a rolling pin or a tortilla press. Use a cup or some other dough cutter to make a perfect circle.
30-MINUTE EASY CUBAN BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE IN 8 SIMPLE STEPS
4.8/5 (31)Category AppetizerCuisine CubanTotal Time 40 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking tray with a silicone mat, parchment paper, or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it us with a spoon or rubber spatula, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes), chipolte in adobo (if adding), cumin, cayenne, garlic, oregano, sliced olives, salt, and black pepper. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust spice level to your tastes.
EASY BEEF AND POTATO EMPANADAS - ONE HAPPY HOUSEWIFE
4.6/5 (16)Category Main CourseCuisine HonduranTotal Time 1 hr
- Add the butter, onion, and half the salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin to the potatoes. Cook until onion softens.
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS | A FUN APPETIZER OR DINNER RECIPE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory AppetizersServings 10Total Time 13 mins
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the beef with the onion until cooked through. Drain any drippings from the skillet.
- Add the salt, oregano, cumin, pepper, beans and garlic to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Stir in both cheeses and then turn the heat off and set the skillet aside to let the filling cool.
- Fill a deep, heavy bottomed pot 1/3 of the way full with oil. Heat the oil up until it reaches 350 degrees, using a dry thermometer.
- While the oil is heating, start making the empanadas by adding about 1/4 cup of the filling to one side of the empanada. Brush the edge with egg wash and then fold over the dough and seal with the edges of a fork. Make sure that the edges are sealed well so that the filling doesn’t leak out when you fry.
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
2.5/5 (7)Servings 8Cuisine MexicanCategory Entree
- Into 10-inch skillet, place ground beef, onion, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned; drain. Stir in cumin, chili powder and tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes longer.
- On baking mat, unroll dough into 1 large rectangle; press perforations and edges to seal. Using 4-inch round cutter, cut out 8 dough rounds.
- To make each empanada, place about 2 tablespoons beef mixture onto center of each dough round. Using pastry brush (or fingers), gently brush edge of each round with beaten egg white. Fold dough round in half to cover filling; press edge together to seal. (To make decorative edge, fold dough over itself so that it forms a rope look.) Lightly brush tops of empanadas with beaten egg yolk.
CHEESY BEEF EMPANADAS | HOMEMADE GROUND BEEF EMPANADAS …
4.8/5 (4)Category BeefCuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, a silicone baking mat or spray with non-stick spray.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat and add the onion once hot. Cook, stirring often, until the onion becomes translucent. Then add the jalapeño and cook for another three minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, or until it becomes fragrant.
- Cook, breaking up the beef and stirring often, until the beef turns a dark brown color and has cooked through. Drain off the rendered fat, set the pan aside and let it cool for 10 minutes.
EASY BAKED BEEF EMPANADAS FOR THE FREEZER | ADD SALT & SERVE
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main DishCalories 303 per serving
- If your cooked ground beef is not already taco-seasoned, simmer it with the taco seasoning and water for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it is already seasoned, skip this step.
- Roll the pie crust dough out to about 1/16" thick. It's best to cut one 8" circle and make a test empanada before cutting out all of the circles to be sure that your thickness works well for folding and sealing. It's easy to make the dough too thin, resulting in a frustrating experience when filling and sealing.
- When you are satisfied with the thickness of the dough, cut 18 individual circles approximately 8" in diameter.
KID-FRIENDLY EASY BEEF EMPANADA RECIPE
5/5 (8)Category 30 Minute MealCuisine Latin AmericanTotal Time 40 mins See details »
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS | RECIPE | RECIPES, BEEF EMPANADAS, FOOD
See details »
CHICKEN EMPANADA RECIPE EASY - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
See details »
EMPANADA-STYLE GROUND BEEF BUNS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
See details »
EASY EMPANADAS RECIPE USING GROUND BEEF AND PUFF PASTRY ...
See details »
EASY BEEF EMPANADAS RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
See details »
lactose 60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion savory-pies appetizers main-dish beef easy beginner-cook south-american dietary comfort-food inexpensive ground-beef peruvian free-of-something meat taste-mood
You'll also love