EASY GRILLED CHEESE
- Butter one side of 1 of the slices of bread and put in pan.
- Top with 1 slice of cheese, the tomato, and then the other slice of cheese.
- Butter one side of the other slice of bread and place on top with butter side up.
- Cook until done, flipping often.
- Serve with tomato soup if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485.8, Fat 35.8, SaturatedFat 21.6, Cholesterol 88.3, Sodium 870.5, Carbohydrate 30.2, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 3.7, Protein 14.2
THE PERFECT GRILLED CHEESE
The classic and simple grilled cheese sandwich can be reimagined multiple ways just by changing up the bread and cheese.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Oven method (great for a crowd of six or fewer): Put a rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Make one sandwich per person: Sandwich 2 slices of cheese between 2 slices of bread. Spread or brush the outside of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon of fat. Place on the preheated baking sheet and cook until the cheese starts to melt, about 5 minutes. Flip the sandwich and bake until golden brown, an additional 5 minutes.
- Panini press method (for crispy crunchy sandwich that needs minimal attention): Sandwich 2 slices of cheese between 2 slices of bread. Preheat a panini press to medium heat. Spread or brush the outside of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon of fat and place in the press. Close the top and cook until lightly browned and the cheese is melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Skillet method (fool-proof and low-tech): Sandwich 2 slices of cheese between 2 slices of bread. Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat. Spread or brush the outside of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon of fat and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the sandwich, and continue cooking until browned and the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Great combos:
- 1. Pepper jack and sourdough, brushed with chili oil
- 2. American and white bread, brushed with butter
- 3. Swiss and rye, brushed with mayo
- 4. Cheddar and brioche, brushed with butter
QUICK AND EASY GRILLED CHEESE
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lie the slices of Cheddar on one of the slices of bread on the unbuttered side. Sprinkle the parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, and dill on the other slice of bread on its unbuttered side. Sandwich the two slices of bread together with the buttered sides facing outwards.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot, gently lie the sandwich in the skillet; cook on each side for 3 minutes until cheese has melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470.5 calories, Carbohydrate 27.4 g, Cholesterol 90.1 mg, Fat 32.2 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 18.4 g, SaturatedFat 19.7 g, Sodium 777.3 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
CLASSIC AMERICAN GRILLED CHEESE
Soup-n-sandwich king: Grilled cheese is a delicious classic that's easy to adapt by mixing and matching breads, cheese and soups on the side.
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 4 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat.
- Build the sandwiches with 1 slice of white cheese on 4 pieces of bread and 1 slice of yellow cheese on the other 4 slices of bread. Close the sandwiches and butter both sides. Place on the griddle; cover with a metal bowl and let the sandwiches get a nice golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, cover again and cook until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add 1 slice of cheese. Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread, butter and slice of cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 75.6 mg, Fat 28.3 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 639.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
The secret to a perfect grilled cheese recipe? Mayonnaise! (No, really, it makes the outside crispier and tangier.) Spread butter on one side of each bread slice and mayo on the other. Sandwich the cheddar slices between the buttered sides, leaving the mayo sides on the outside. Fry for a few minutes until golden, dip into a bowl of tomato soup, and resolve to never make a grilled cheese without mayo ever again!
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 4
- On a cutting board, butter each piece of bread with butter on one side.
- Flip the bread over and spread each piece of bread with mayonnaise.
- Place the cheese on the buttered side of one piece of bread. Top it with the second piece of bread, mayonnaise side out.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium low heat.
- Place the sandwich on the pan, mayonnaise side down.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Using a spatula, flip the sandwich over and continue cooking until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1895 calories, Carbohydrate 312 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 13 grams, Protein 70 grams, Sugar 27 grams
AWESOME GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
My husband and I were sick of frying grilled cheeses on the stove because you have so many pieces of bread to use, and you have to stand there for a long time if you feed up to six people like we do. So we came up with this idea.
Provided by Michelle
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Butter one side of 9 slices of bread, and place butter-side down on a baking sheet. Arrange cheese on each slice of bread. Spread butter on 9 remaining slices of bread, and place them buttered-side up on top of the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Flip the sandwiches, and bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 43.3 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 10.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 552.9 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
OVEN GRILLED CHEESE
A quick and easy way to make lots of grilled cheese sandwiches without cooking 1 or 2 at a time. Saw this on TV a few years ago and decided to make some for my daughter's sleepover. It went over well. The recipe is for 1 sandwich, but I'm going to bet all the wonderful chefs on Recipezaar know how to make more at one time.
Provided by daggle
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place on a cookie sheet butter side down.
- Place your favorite brand of American sliced cheese (or any other kind you prefer).
- Place other piece of bread on top, butter side up.
- Bake for approximately 6 minutes.
- Take out of oven and flip.
- Bake additional 2-3 minutes until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 18.2, Sodium 529.8, Carbohydrate 27.7, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 2.1, Protein 9.4
GRILLED CHEESE SLIDERS
Buttery Hawaiian rolls with melted provolone and cheddar cheese.
Provided by Elyse
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Without pulling the rolls apart, cut them in half and lay them on a clean work surface.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise on the inside of each half of the rolls.
- Place the bottom half of rolls in the the prepared baking dish.
- Top with sliced cheddar cheese and sliced provolone cheese.
- Place top half of rolls on top.
- Brush on melted butter.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and rolls are golden brown.
- Cut rolls apart and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Servingsize 2 serving, Calories 572 kcal, Fat 51 g, SaturatedFat 23 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 903 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Sugar 2 g, Protein 17 mg
THE ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE
These gooey grilled cheese sandwiches taste great for lunch with sliced apples. And they're really fast to whip up, too. Here's how to make grilled cheese the right way. -Kathy Norris, Streator, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Spread 5 slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with remaining bread. , Butter the outsides of sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 646 calories, Fat 50g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 885mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
More about "easy grilled cheese recipes"
50 GRILLED CHEESES : RECIPES AND COOKING - FOOD NETWORK
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
30+ GOURMET GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES TO MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER
BAKED GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
BEST IRRESISTIBLE GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES RECIPES, NEWS, TIPS AND …
EASY GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
10 BEST GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
30 BEST GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
30 BEST GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE IDEAS - FOOD.COM
10 GROWN-UP GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
BASIC GRILLED CHEESE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
10 FANCY GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES TO TRY ASAP | ALLRECIPES
17 EASY GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES, BECAUSE WE KNOW YOU'RE …
BEST-EVER GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PERFECT STARBUCKS GRILLED CHEESE (COPYCAT RECIPE)
50 INSANE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE GRILLED …
27 BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES - GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES
48 BEST GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES YOU MUST TRY OUT
BEST GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHEESE
SIMPLE, CLASSIC GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE FOR A CROWD
14 BEST GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY - CRAZY LAURA
GRILLED CHEESE BLTA RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS INCORPORATED
40 EASY GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES YOU NEED IN YOUR LIFE
20 INCREDIBLE GOURMET GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES | IT IS A KEEPER
AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE (SO EASY) - MOMSDISH
EASY PLANT-BASED BURGER ON GLUTEN-FREE GRILLED CHEESE BUNS
BEST AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE - COPYKAT RECIPES
BRISKET GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES - MAMA LOVES FOOD
42 EASY GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES FOR DINNER TONIGHT! | BUSY BUDGETER
GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
EASY FOREMAN GRILL GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE
EASY PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
15+ BEST GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE IDEAS | NEW TAKES ON GRILLED …
GRILLED CHEESE IN THE OVEN (SO EASY!!!) - UNSOPHISTICOOK
HOW TO MAKE EASY OVEN-BAKED GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
24 EASY SIDES FOR GRILLED CHEESE - GET ON MY PLATE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #for-1-or-2 #lunch #eggs-dairy #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #cheese #dietary #sandwiches #tomatoes #number-of-servings
You'll also love