WILD RICE BREAD
- Put all ingredients into your bread maker as you do any other recipe.
- Make the dough in the bread machine through the first rise.
- After the first rise take it out and put it into two bread pans.
- Let it rise and then bake at 350 degrees for 33 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1001.1, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 1235.6, Carbohydrate 205.9, Fiber 8.8, Sugar 32, Protein 26.4
WILD RICE BREAD
"Wild rice is abundant in our state, so I use it in many recipes," shares Dotty Egge of Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. "Combined with caraway, the wild rice lends and excellent flavor to this hearty bread."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf, 16 slices (1-1/2 pounds).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts :
MINNESOTA WILD RICE BREAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice to boiling water and cover. Cook over very low heat until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir yeast into 1/3 cup warm water and let stand 5 minutes. Stir together milk, butter, honey, salt and oats. Add cooled wild rice to milk mixture.
- Stir together rye flour, whole-wheat flour, bran and 3 1/2 cups of the unbleached flour, using a wooden spoon. Stir in milk and yeast mixture until soft dough forms. Add more of the unbleached flour as needed.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead until soft and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place dough in greased bowl and turn so that the top is greased. Let rise 2 hours. Punch dough and shape into two loaves. Place in 2 greased 9 1/2 by 5 1/2-inch pans. Let rise again, about 1 hour. Bake for 45 minutes. During last 15 minutes of baking, brush loaves with 1 beaten egg mixed with 1 tablespoon of water and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
WILD RICE CAKES
Wild rice varies in quality. Most of what is sold as wild rice is actually cultivated and then mechanically harvested and processed. It is worth the extra cost to buy more flavorful hand-harvested lake- or river-grown wild rice. This recipe goes well served with Perfect Roast Chicken or Duck Roasted in Salt.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.Using a serrated knife, remove crusts from bread. Place trimmed bread on a baking sheet. Transfer to oven, and cook until dry, about 15 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool. In a food processor, chop bread very finely (you need about 1 1/4 cups), and set aside.
- Rinse rice under cold running water until water runs clear. In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat. Stir in wild rice, and lower heat to medium low. Cook rice, stirring often, until water has evaporated and rice has popped, about 55 minutes. Drain rice through a colander. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a medium nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic, and stir until fragrant. Add carrot, celery, and yellow pepper, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked wild rice, vegetables, and eggs. Gently fold in breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until the breadcrumbs have absorbed the liquids, about 1 hour.
- Using a 2-ounce ice-cream scoop, firmly pack rice mixture into scoop. Place ball of rice mixture on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat (French nonstick baking mat or parchment paper). Gently press down with your damp palm to flatten rice into a cake. Repeat with remaining rice mixture to form eight cakes.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons canola oil in a medium nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Using a wide spatula, carefully transfer four rice cakes into pan. Saute until lightly browned and set on the edges, about 5 minutes. Gently turn rice cakes, and saute for 5 more minutes. Repeat with remaining rice cakes. Serve immediately.
WILD RICE BREAD
A recipe that was printed in the local newspaper back many years . I received this recipe from my SIL and later found it in a Christmas booklet. It is extremley moist,healthy and so very tasty.Serve it with butter,a slice of cheese or a sandwich. Certainly a favorite at our house.
Provided by Dotty2
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 4-6 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a saucepan boil rice in 4 cups water and cook until rice is tender(approx 40-50 minutes).
- Drain and cool.
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of lukewarm water and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Add enough flour to make a thin paste.
- Set in a warm place for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix: 4 cups warm water.1/4 cup sugar,molasses,shortening,salt,natural bran,sunflower seeds.
- Add yeast mixture,the cooled rice,sunny boy cereal and rolled oats.
- Add approximately 10 cups white flour,( starting with less) or sufficient to make bread dough and knead the dough well.
- Let rise until double in size (about 2 hours).
- Punch down and form into loaves and again let rise until double in size.
- Bake in 375degreeF for 25-30 minutes or until bread is done. Check by tapping on the base of the loaf with knuckles. If bread sounds hollow it will be done.
- Recipe should make about 4-6 loaves depending on size and shape.
- Note; recipe can be halved using still 1 tablespoon yeast but halving all other ingredients.
- Prep time includes cooking and standing time,approx.
THREE-GRAIN WILD RICE BREAD
Wild rice really shines in this one-of-a-kind recipe. The first time I made this bread, I knew I'd found a new favorite. Everyone who has tried it since confirms that over and over again!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, whole wheat flour, rye flour, oats, honey, butter, salt and 2 cups bread flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in wild rice and enough remaining bread flour to form a stiff dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. , Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into loaves. Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. , Beat egg and cold water; brush over loaves. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 165mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CRANBERRY WILD RICE BREAD RECIPE - (3.9/5)
Provided by á-29897
Number Of Ingredients 17
- To make the bread, whisk together the flours, yeast and salt. Add the water, molasses and olive oil. (NOTE: The butter is for brushing the top after rising and does not go IN the dough). Mix together until everything is incorporated and knead until smooth. This took me about 7 minutes. You could also use a mixer with a dough hook to do this. Add the chopped dried cranberries and cooked wild rice blend. (I wouldn't use straight wild rice in this bread although there are some that call for it. Be sure to cook the rice completely and cool it before adding it to this dough. If it's firm before baking, it will be crunchy after baking and that's not very appetizing :) Knead until everything is incorporated evenly. Lightly spray or oil a bowl and place the dough to rest for 1-1/2 hours. Cover with a lint-free towel (or plastic wrap). Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Lightly punch down the dough and place into the loaf pan. Be sure your pan is only filled ⅔ full. I found that I had a slightly smaller than average loaf pan and once risen, it went over the edges a bit. If you have to much dough, you could always make a couple of muffins out of the surplus. Cover the loaf pan and place in a warm area to rise again for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Brush with the melted margarine. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Oven temperatures vary greatly, so start with 40 and keep an eye on it. You'll want a skewer or toothpick inserted to come out clean. Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan. This is important for it to hold it's shape. Don't let it sit too long or it will begin to soften from the steam. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in foil and refrigerate if not serving immediately. To make the cranberry butter, place fresh cranberries in the bowl of a food processor and puree. Add the vegan margarine (room temperature blends best). Add the orange juice and zest. Blend to combine. Taste and add agave to desired sweetness. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
More about "wild rice bread recipes"
WILD RICE BREAD - RED STAR® YEAST
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
WILD RICE BREAD, FOUR RECIPES TO TRY
WILD RICE FRY BREAD - BOIS FORTE
WILD RICE SPOON BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
7 RICE FLOUR BREAD RECIPES FOR GLUTEN-FREE BAKING | ALLRECIPES
WILD RICE CRANBERRY BREAD MINNEAPOLIS - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST WILD RICE BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
PETER REINHART'S WILD RICE AND ONION BREAD | THE FRESH LOAF
SOFT, FLUFFY BROWN RICE BREAD (GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE)
WILD RICE THREE GRAIN BREAD RECIPE | NORTHLAND VISIONS
10 BEST CRANBERRY WILD RICE BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
HEARTY WILD RICE 'N TART CHERRY BREAD | NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF BREADS
GUSTO TV - WILD RICE WALNUT BREAD
WILD RICE AND BREAD STUFFING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BREAD MACHINE WILD RICE BREAD - RED STAR® YEAST
WILD RICE AND ONION BREAD | RECIPE | ONION BREAD, BREAD, RICE BREAD
WILD RICE | ALLRECIPES
MINNESOTA WILD-RICE BREAD | MIDWEST LIVING
WILD RICE PECAN BREAD – CANOE WILD RICE
WILD RICE FLATBREAD RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
WILD RICE BREAD WITH ONIONS RECIPE - KUDOS KITCHEN BY RENEE
WILD RICE SOURDOUGH BREAD – THE WILDWOOD GLEN
WILD RICE BREAD - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
WILD RICE CRANBERRY BREAD - SWEETGRASS TRADING CO
WILD RICE SOURDOUGH - THE BREAD THAT ENDED THE COLD WAR
WILD RICE AND ONION BREAD - KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
BREAD MACHINE RECIPE: WILD RICE AND CRANBERRY LOAF
WILD RICE CRANBERRY BREAD - KNEADY GIRL
WILD RICE BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
WILD RICE-OATMEAL BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WILD RICE, CRANBERRY, AND CORNMEAL SOURDOUGH - KING ARTHUR BAKING
CRANBERRY WILD RICE BREAD - RUSTIC INN CAFé
OUR FAVORITE WILD RICE RECIPES - MIDWEST LIVING
WILD RICE, PECAN AND DRIED CRANBERRY BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BAKED WILD RICE (FAIL-PROOF! SO EASY AND TENDER ... - COOKING MADE …
WILD RICE BREAD BY POLLY ROHDE - SWEETGRASS TRADING CO
WILD RICE BREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
WILD RICE BREAD MADE IN BREADMAKER - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHEESY WILD RICE CASSEROLE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
WILD RICE AND OAT BRAN BREAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #breads #lunch #1-day-or-more #potluck #picnic #sandwiches #brown-bag #yeast #to-go
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make wild rice bread?Add cooled wild rice to milk mixture. Stir together rye flour, whole-wheat flour, bran and 3 1/2 cups of the unbleached flour, using a wooden spoon. Stir in milk and yeast mixture until soft dough forms.
How to cook wild rice with yeast in it?Add rice to boiling water and cover. Cook over very low heat until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Cool. Stir yeast into 1/3 cup warm water and let stand 5 minutes. Stir together milk, butter, honey, salt and oats. Add cooled wild rice to milk mixture.
How to make bread with yeast and rice?Directions Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice to boiling water and cover. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir yeast into 1/3 cup warm water and let stand 5 minutes. Stir together milk, butter, honey, salt and oats. Stir together rye flour, whole-wheat flour, bran and 3 1/2 cups of the unbleached flour, using a wooden spoon.
What to serve with cranberry wild rice bread?Serving as French Toast with butter, powdered sugar and, of course, maple syrup on top makes a great way to start your day. Cranberry Wild Rice Bread—Served Traditionally: Another recipe for Cranberry Wild Rice Bread, but this one’s a little different.