EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
One of our go-to recipes for chicken breast that we make often during the week because it's so easy. Chicken breast gets marinated in Mediterranean flavors like lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs and then baked in the oven.
Provided by Silke
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides and place in a bowl or lidded container. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme in a small bowl and pour marinade over chicken breasts. Marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Set one oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place chicken breasts into a baking dish and pour marinade on top.
- Bake chicken on the middle rack of the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 35 to 45 minutes, depending upon thickness. Move baking dish to the top rack and broil chicken until well browned, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501 calories, Carbohydrate 3.5 g, Cholesterol 129.2 mg, Fat 32.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 47.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 191.3 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN
Greek-style vinaigrette and crumbled feta cheese gives this easy baked chicken dish its international appeal. (And no passport necessary!)
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Spread mushrooms and onions onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with chicken.
- Combine tomatoes, dressing and garlic powder; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 520 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 28 g
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN TRAY BAKE
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the peppers and onion on a big baking tray with half the oil. Transfer to the oven and cook on the top shelf for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, carefully make a pocket between the skin and the flesh of each chicken breast, but don't pull off the skin completely. Push equal amounts of cheese under the skin, smooth the skin back down, brush it with the rest of the oil, season, then add to the tray along with the tomatoes and olives. Return to the oven and cook for 25-30 mins more until the chicken is golden and cooked. Serve with baked potatoes, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 45 grams protein, Sodium 0.63 milligram of sodium
SIMPLE BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Preheat convection oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with salt and Creole seasoning. Place chicken in a broiler pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from pan. Pour water into the pan, while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add more water if needed to dislodge the browned bits; serve alongside chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.6 calories, Carbohydrate 0.1 g, Cholesterol 67.2 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Protein 24.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 1418.2 mg
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BREASTS
Adapted from a recipe in 'Terrific Chicken: 100 great meals in minutes'. If you're craving crispy chicken, this Mediterranean-style chicken is fairly quick to make and relatively low-fat! Serve it with a pasta or rice side dish and your favourite salad greens.
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 6 Mediterranean Chicken Breasts, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together the first seven ingredients (from the cheese through to the black pepper) on a piece of waxed paper - saves on washing up later! - or if you prefer on a plate; put the oil in a shallow dish.
- Dip the chicken breast halves in the oil, then coat them evenly with the cheese/breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and set over a medium heat; add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and the juices run clear.
EASY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
"Friends and family love this. I made it healthier, but it tastes just as good." Kara Zilis - Oak Forest, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on each side. Stir in the tomatoes, green beans, water, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes., Stir in rice. Return to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170° and rice is tender. Stir in olives; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 724mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN WITH LEMON
While visiting our daughters in Ohio, we celebrated by cooking a wonderful Lebanese dinner. I showed my daughters how to bake chicken with garlic roasted potatoes. We finished with our homemade baklava. -Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade., Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange lemon slices in two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Place chicken over lemon slices. Mix spice blend ingredients; sprinkle over chicken. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Bake, covered, 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385 calories, Fat 26g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 469mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
LEMONY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place chicken breasts into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Brush lemon juice mixture over chicken.
- Place potatoes, red bell pepper strips, red onion, and lemon slices in a bowl, pour remaining lemon juice mixture over vegetables, and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables and lemon slices around chicken breasts in baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes; brush chicken and vegetables with pan drippings. Continue baking until chicken is browned, the juices run clear, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 30 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517.3 calories, Carbohydrate 65.1 g, Cholesterol 60.8 mg, Fat 16.7 g, Fiber 9.2 g, Protein 30.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 511 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
ROASTED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes into a microwave-safe bowl, and cook in microwave oven on High setting for 2 minutes; turn potatoes over (watch for steam) and cook 2 more minutes on High. Set potatoes aside.
- Mix together the Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Place the chicken pieces into the prepared baking dish, and generously brush chicken with about 1 cup of the mixture. Arrange the potatoes, tomatoes, and garlic cloves around the chicken. Brush the vegetables with the remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle the chicken and vegetables with rosemary and olives.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558.7 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 95.1 mg, Fat 29.4 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 32.2 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 1024.7 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
EASY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
Bring the Mediterranean to your table with this simple chicken dish. Tomatoes, tapenade and basil come together in this quick dinner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place chicken breasts on sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of the salt evenly over chicken breasts; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the basil; press lightly. Turn chicken breasts over. Sprinkle remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt over chicken; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper. Pound chicken with rolling pin or meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts. Cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and tapenade to skillet. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes just begin to soften and mixture is heated through. Serve tomato mixture over chicken; top with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 32 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 240 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "easy mediterranean baked chicken breast recipes"
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN DINNER | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (74)Total Time 55 minsCategory DinnerCalories 90 per serving
- Mix Marinade ingredients in a bowl, then add chicken and toss to coat. If time permits, marinate for 24 hours, otherwise proceed to next step.
- Place potatoes and onion in baking pan, top with chicken. Pour over the chicken stock then marinade from the bowl.
ITALIAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
4.8/5 (167)Calories 192 per servingCategory Dinner
- Pat chicken dry. Place a chicken breast in a large zip-top bag and zip the top (make sure to release any air in the bag first), then place it on your poultry cutting board. Using a meat mallet like this one, pound to flatten the chicken. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken breast pieces.
- Season the chicken with kosher salt and pepper on both sides and place in a large mixing bowl or dish. Add spices, minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice. Combine to make sure the chicken is evenly coated with the spices and garlic.
- In a large lightly oiled baking dish or pan, spread the onion slices on the bottom. Arrange seasoned chicken on top, and add the tomatoes.
10 BEST BAKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MEDITERRANEAN FOIL BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE EASY CLEAN-UP, QUICK AND …
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS BEST RECIPES
20+ FLAVOR-PACKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPES - EATINGWELL
10 BEST MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN | WHOLE30 - COOKING WITH BLISS
EASY MEDITERRANEAN LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE (NO BUTTER)
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
ROASTED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
[NON-VEG] MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST EASY RECIPE
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE - ONE PAN! - THE DINNER-MOM
EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - CREATE THE MOST …
ITALIAN CHICKEN BREASTS - EASY BAKED DINNER - COOKTHESTORY
EASY BAKED GREEK CHICKEN RECIPE - UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE - DIZZY BUSY AND HUNGRY!
EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST | RECIPESTY
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BAKED LEMON HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH …
BAKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
BAKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES EASY - CREATE THE MOST …
CHICKEN TRAY BAKES - THERESCIPES.INFO
VERY EASY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN TRAYBAKE - EASY PEASY FOODIE
EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - KHIRAYA.LIFE
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN W/ MARINADE + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS | GIMME DELICIOUS
EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
BAKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES EASY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - REVIEW BY PATRICIA
EASY MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST | WHAT'S FOR DINNER …
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BAKE WITH TOMATOES & FETA
EASY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
Baked Chicken Breast | Mediterranean Inspired Recipe156 views-02:44
Easy Mediterranean Chicken Breast Recipe65K views-04:24
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe | Quick & Easy Meals | Schwartz Cooking Club5.2K views-02:47
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe1.5K views-02:09
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breast | Easy Grilled Chicken Recipe | MOLCS Easy Recipes10K views-02:36
Stuffed Chicken Breast: Easy way to make Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken recipe45 views-01:08
You'll also love