OVEN CHICKEN STEW
I grew up with this entree. It couldn't be easier to prepare, and it turns out delicious every time. -Phyllis Sheeley, Altona, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the chicken, broth and water in a Dutch oven or 3-qt. baking dish. Top with carrots, onions and celery; sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil., Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 88mg cholesterol, Sodium 1037mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan. Dry fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken and garlic and cook briskly, turning the chicken regularly to seal on all sides.
- Add the spices with 2-3 tbs of broth and sprinkle the flour over. Mix well, 'cooking out' the flour for 1 minute.
- Gradually mix in the remaining broth. Add the oregano, tomatoes, orange peel and juice.
- Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve.
EASY SOLAR APRICOT CHICKEN
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Set Sun Oven out to preheat. Place the apricots and their juice, orange juice, honey, rosemary, and orange zest in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Arrange the chicken legs in a single large roasting dish or baking pan. Pour the apricot mixture over the chicken. Cover and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Serve with couscous or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
TAIWANESE SESAME OIL CHICKEN STEW
Earlier this year, I called my mom to ask her how to make muah yu gei which literally translates to sesame oil chicken in Taiwanese. I love this dish because it's delicious and a great weeknight dish for a busy working lady like myself. No one eats this dish 'as is' like this. You need carbs! I GUESS rice could do, but I will always use 'me sua' which literally translates to 'noodle thread' in Taiwanese. They're a super thin type of noodle used in a lot of Chinese and Japanese cooking, but I have no idea what they're called in English (apparently, they're called somen). Anyways, no substitutes as far as noodles go! You have to get the super thin noodles like the ones I have pictured.
Provided by MSTINAWU
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in the chicken pieces, return to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes; drain. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Stir in the chicken pieces, and cook until browned on the outside, about 3 minutes. Pour in the rice wine, dark sesame oil, light sesame oil, and ginger slices. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the water, return to a boil, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, and easily pulls away from the bone, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, drop the somen in a few noodles at a time and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles have cooked through, but are still firm to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Stir the somen noodles into the simmering chicken to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1185.2 calories, Carbohydrate 86.9 g, Cholesterol 102.5 mg, Fat 69 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 38.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 2168.6 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
TUNISIAN ORANGE CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS
Tunisia, which is on the Mediterranean cost of northern Africa, is known for this wonderful spicy chicken stew served on mounds of light and fluffy couscous. If you want to add more flavor to your couscous, you can use chicken or beef broth in place of the water, add some curry powder and a handful of raisins or dried currants when stirring the couscous into the water, or toss hot couscous with sauteed onion, garlic, and red pepper.2 T. safflower oil
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a Dutch oven or large deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken pieces a few at a time, being careful not to crowd them. Cook on all sides until well browned. Transfer chicken to a platter. Repeat until all chicken is browned.
- Discard all but 2 T. drippings from Dutch oven. To hot drippings remaining in Dutch oven, add onion, celery, and garlic; saute over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, sugar, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper until blended.
- Add chopped tomato, then gradually stir in orange juice. Increase heat to high; bring mixture to boiling, stirring constantly. Return chicken pieces to Dutch oven. Reduce heat to low; simmer covered until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes, turning chicken once.
- Add orange slices and olives to chicken. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring water, butter and salt to boiling. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- With spoon, remove and discard any fat that has accumulated on the surface of the orange sauce. Uncover couscous and fluff with a fork. Transfer couscous to a large serving platter, making a well in the center.
- Transfer chicken onto couscous, arranging in a decorative way. Spoon sauce remaining in Dutch oven over the chicken pieces. Garnish with sprigs of crisp watercress and orange slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 819.6, Fat 43.6, SaturatedFat 14, Cholesterol 175.7, Sodium 1243, Carbohydrate 60.4, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 15.1, Protein 46.1
More about "easy sun oven tunisian chicken stew recipes"
CHICKEN STEW | RECIPETIN EATS
TUSCAN VEGETABLE CHICKEN STEW | THE RECIPE CRITIC
RECIPE TUNISIAN BEEF STEW - RECIPES.CAMP
DUTCH OVEN MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
TUNISIAN CHICKEN MOSSLI (EASY CHICKEN RECIPE) | TUNISIAN FOOD, EASY ...
GNAOUIA - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC TUNISIAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
TUNISIAN HARISSA CHICKPEA STEW - SPICE KITCHEN
TRADITIONAL TUNISIAN CHICKEN TAJINE - THE TUNISIAN WAY
101 SUNSATIONAL MEAT RECIPES - SUN OVEN® | THE ORIGINAL SOLAR …
EASY CHICKEN STEW - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY DUTCH OVEN CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - VERONIKA'S KITCHEN
LEARN HOW TO MAKE TUNISIAN CHICKEN STEW - YOUTUBE
TUNISIAN CHICKPEA AND BEEF STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SUPER SIMPLE SOLAR CHICKEN WITH "HARISSA" SAUCE - SUN OVEN®
TUSCAN CHICKEN STEW - SOUTH YOUR MOUTH
ONE-POT CHICKEN STEW (THE EASIEST STEW EVER) - LITTLE BROKEN
LEB LEBI (TUNISIAN CHICKPEA STEW) - BIGOVEN.COM
TUNISIAN CHICKEN STEW - SOLERANY THE RESTAURANT
SPRING TAJINE WITH CHICKEN, POTATOES, AND PEAS - OUR TUNISIAN TABLE
TUNISIAN RECIPES ADD BOLD FLAVORS TO YOUR MEDITERRANEAN DIET
TUNISIAN BEEF STEW RECIPES AND FOOD TIPS
TUNISIAN CHICKEN TAGINE W/ COUSCOUS & GREEN HARISSA SAUCE
EASY CHICKEN STEW RECIPE (STOVE TOP & CROCK POT) - THE …
OVEN CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HOW TO MAKE EASY OMANI STEW CHICKEN IN OVEN RECIPE
TUNISIAN CHICKEN STEW RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
TUNISIAN CHICKEN AND OLIVES - MINA
TUNISIAN CHICKPEA STEW WITH CARROTS, TOPS AND HARISSA
THIS TUNISIAN STEW IS THE PERFECT CELEBRATION DISH | THE NOSHER
EASY INGREDIENT SWAPS: 3 RECIPES FOR A TUNISIAN STEW - YOGA JOURNAL
CREAMY CHICKEN STEW - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
EASY OVEN CHICKEN STEW - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH CHICKEN STEW : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SUPER SIMPLE SOLAR CHICKEN WITH "HARISSA" SAUCE - SUN OVEN®
TAJIN SIBNEKH (TUNISIAN CHICKEN AND EGGS) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TUNISIAN CHICKEN OLIVE AND BEAN STEW – THE BEST FREE COOKING …
BATATA BEL KAMOUN - TRADITIONAL TUNISIAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
MOSLI- TUNISIAN CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE STEW - THE TUNISIAN WAY
You'll also love