REUBEN EGG ROLLS
The flavors of a classic Reuben sandwich are packed into a warm batch of fried egg rolls. The dipping sauce, made with Thousand Island dressing and finely chopped sauerkraut, is an essential element.
Provided by Arlyn Osborne
Yield 8 eggrolls
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge.
- Add enough oil to a Dutch oven or deep cast iron skillet to reach about 1 inch up the sides. Attach a thermometer and heat oil to 350°F.
- Beat egg and a splash of water together in a small bowl.
- Finely chop the corned beef.
- Add the Swiss cheese and cheddar cheese to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Beat the egg with a splash of water in a small bowl.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a work surface with one of the points facing towards yourself so that it looks like a diamond.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of corned beef and 2 tablespoons of cheese in a horizontal line slightly off center closer to you.
- Brush all four edges with egg wash.
- Fold the point closest to you over the filling and tuck it in tightly, roll, fold over the sides, and finish rolling until you have a neat egg roll. Repeat with remaining 7 wrappers.
- Fry the egg rolls in two batches for about 5 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
REUBEN EGG ROLL WRAPS WITH DIPPING SAUCE
- Saute sauerkraut and caraway in a skillet over medium-high heat. When most of the moisture has evaporated and sauerkraut begins to brown, stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- Arrange an egg roll wrapper on a work surface with a corner towards you; brush edges with egg wash.
- Place a strip of cheese on the wrapper, about 1 inch above the bottom corner, then top with strips of beef and about 3 tbsp sauerkraut mixture. Drizzle with mustard. Fold the bottom corner up over the filling to enclose, fold in the sides, then roll to the top corner of the wrapper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat to about 360*. Add half the egg rolls and fry on all sides until brown and crisp, 5-7 minutes.Drain on paper towels while frying remaining rolls.
- Serve Egg Rolls with Thousand Island Dressing for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 920.2, Fat 73.1, SaturatedFat 15.4, Cholesterol 126.4, Sodium 1359.7, Carbohydrate 42.7, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 1.8, Protein 24.2
Had these at Summerfest in Milwaukee and just had to re-create. I have deep-fried or baked with success. Great served with a horseradish sauce.
Provided by KJK 5
Yield 9 Rolls, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Slice corned beef into ribbons (I roll a few pieces up like a cigar and make thin slices).
- Combine cheese, sliced beef and kraut in a bowl.
- Place approx 1/3 cup of the corned beef mixture in egg roll wrapper, roll up egg roll fashion sealing the last edge with water.
- To bake: spray sheet pan with spray oil, place rolls seam side down, spray liberally with more spay oil. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes rotating half-way through baking. Bake until brown.
- To Deep Fry: Heat oil to 350°F - add rolls, fry until brown and crisy, drain on paper towels.
More about "egg roll reuben wraps recipes"
REUBEN EGG ROLLS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 162 per serving
HEALTHY AIR-FRYER REUBEN EGG ROLLS RECIPE | HUNGRY GIRL
REUBEN EGG ROLLS! - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
REUBEN EGG ROLLS - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
REUBEN EGG ROLLS - I WASH YOU DRY
BEST REUBEN EGG ROLLS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE REUBEN EGG …
Category St. Patrick's Day, AppetizersTotal Time 40 minsAvailability In stock
EGG ROLL REUBEN WRAPS - PLAIN.RECIPES
TOP 46 EGG ROLL WRAP RECIPE IDEAS RECIPES
REUBEN CORNED BEEF AND SAUERKRAUT EGG ROLLS - CDKITCHEN
REUBEN EGG ROLLS EASY RECIPE - FRANK'S KRAUT
ST. PADDY'S REUBEN EGG ROLLS WITH DIPPING SAUCE - CHEF ALLI
REUBEN EGG ROLLS SIMPLE RECIPE - FED BY SAB
REUBEN EGG ROLLS - THE COUNTRY COOK
TOP 46 RECIPES THAT USE EGG ROLL WRAPPERS - NAMUS.YOURAMYS.COM
AIR-FRYER REUBEN EGG ROLLS | RECIPE CART
REUBEN EGG ROLLS RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
RECIPE DETAILS | PUBLIX SUPER MARKETS
BAKED REUBEN EGG ROLLS • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
TOP 47 EGG ROLL WRAP RECIPE IDEAS RECIPES
REUBEN EGG ROLLS | APPETIZERS | EASY RECIPE - CHARLOTTE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Reuben egg rolls?Reuben Egg Rolls are made with corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut, fried to golden deliciousness, and served with Thousand Island dressing. Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Gently whisk egg while in a small bowl and set it close to you. Dice corned beef and Swiss cheese and add it to a mixing bowl.
How to make egg roll wraps?Place an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface, then add 1 slice chopped corned beef, a slice of swiss cheese, and 2 tablespoons sauerkraut. Dip your finger in a small bowl of water, then run it around the edges to help seal the wrapper.
How do you make a Reuben sandwich?In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, Russian dressing, and horseradish. Fold in corned beef, Swiss, sauerkraut, and chives. Set an egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape in front of you and spoon 2 tablespoons (max) reuben mixture in the center. Fold up bottom half and sides, then gently roll, sealing seam with a couple drops water.
How do you make egg rolls with corned beef?Make the egg rolls: Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface oriented like a diamond. Lay 5 cheese rectangles (about ½ a slice) in the center of the wrapper, then top with 1½ ounces of corned beef, 1½ tablespoons of sauerkraut, ⅛ teaspoon caraway seeds, and another 5 cheese rectangles. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.