Pecan tassies are bite-size pecan pies disguised as cookies. With a simple crust that's both tangy and rich, thanks to cream cheese and butter, and a not-too-sweet maple-infused pecan filling, they go down easy and by the handful.
Provided by Samantha Seneviratne
Categories cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 24 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make the crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, either by hand or with an electric mixer, beat together butter, cream cheese, sugar and salt until creamy. Beat in the flour just until combined and the dough begins to come together. Portion the dough into 24 1-inch balls (about a scant tablespoon each). Press each ball into a cup of a nonstick mini-muffin pan, spreading evenly over the bottom and 3/4 of the way up the sides, slightly higher if the cups are on the shallow side.
- Make the filling and bake: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the filling ingredients. Add a heaping teaspoon of the filling to create a small mound in each cup, making sure to distribute the pecans evenly by stirring the filling every few scoops. Bake until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the tassies from the tin to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 104, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 56 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRANDMA'S PECAN TASSIES
- Combine 1 cup butter and cream cheese in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add flour gradually, beating at low speed. Shape mixture into 48 balls and place on a baking sheet. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease the cups of a mini-muffin pan. Press 1 chilled dough ball into each cup and shape into a tart shell.
- Whisk brown sugar, eggs, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 cups pecans. Spoon mixture into tart shells. Top with the remaining pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of cookie shell are delicately brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Gently remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 23.1 mg, Fat 8.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 51.5 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
BESS LONDON'S PECAN TASSIES
- With an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup butter and the cream cheese until smooth. Add the flour and beat until fully combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Shape the chilled dough into 24 balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Press each ball into a cup of the muffin pan, spreading evenly and up the sides, then spoon 1 teaspoon of the pecans into each muffin cup. Fill each cup with the egg mixture until evenly distributed, about 1 teaspoon in each. Bake until the filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, and then remove from the muffin pan.
These tart-like cookies feature the flavors and textures of pecan pie -- tender, buttery crust, crunchy pecans, and brown-sugar filling -- all in one bite. Martha made this recipe on Martha Bakes 409.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 18
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the dough: Process pecans in a food processor until finely ground (you should have about 1/2 cup); set aside. Put mascarpone or cream cheese and butter into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until well blended. Add flour, ground pecans, and salt; mix just until dough comes together. Alternatively, stir together ingredients with a wooden spoon in a large bowl.
- Roll dough into eighteen 1-inch balls, and press into bottoms and up sides of cups of mini-muffin tins.
- Make the filling: Whisk the egg, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, butter, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in pecans. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons filling into each muffin cup.
- Bake pecan tassies until crust begins to turn golden, about 20-22 minutes. Let cool completely in tins on wire rack. Unmold. Pecan tassies can be stored in single layers in airtight containers up to 3 days.
These tarts are very good for parties and special occasions. You'll probably want to double the recipe, because they'll disappear in a hurry! -Joy Corie, Ruston, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to roll., Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of greased mini muffin cups., For filling, in a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans; spoon into pastries. Sprinkle with remaining pecans., Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is puffed. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Freeze option: Freeze cooled cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- Blend cream cheese and butter, add flour.
- Refrigeerate for about 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in 24 balls and press in mini muffin pans.
- (Note: Do not use dark coated pans.) Filling---------------.
- Combine egg, brown sugar, vanilla and nuts.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.2, Fat 7.8, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 21.8, Sodium 50.2, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 7, Protein 1.4
- Prepare a grill for indirect heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the hot coals on one side only. If using a gas grill, heat one side only to medium-high heat.
- For the dough: Add the butter and cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream together until smooth and combined, 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in the flour until just combined. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When the dough is cold and firm, portion it into 2 dozen balls. Add each ball to a tassie pan or a mini muffin pan and, using a tamper dipped in flour, press the dough so that it forms a cup. Refrigerate the dough cups for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, cream the egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, allspice, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the filling to a liquid measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Sprinkle the pecans amongst the refrigerated dough cups. Pour the filling evenly over the pecans.
- Place over indirect heat and bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before lightly dusting with confectioners' sugar. Enjoy!
- (Alternatively, you can bake the pecan tassies in a 350 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the margarine and cream cheese until well blended. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Roll into small balls, and press into the bottoms and sides of tart pans or mini muffin pans.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the pecans. Use a spoon to fill each of the crusts 2/3 full with the filling mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, until shell is light brown, and the filling has puffed up. Cool, and carefully remove from pans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 17.1 mg, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 97.2 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
More about "pecan tassies recipes"
PECAN TASSIES - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
4.9/5 (18)Servings 24
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). For the tart shells, beat the butter and cream cheese in a Classic Batter Bowl until well blended.
HOW TO MAKE PECAN TASSIES | MINI PECAN TARTS - YOUTUBE
Author In the Kitchen with KarenViews 164
PECAN TASSIES - WYSE GUIDE
4.5/5 (10)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 96 per serving
- Place the cream cheese in a mixer. Slice the butter into thin slices and add to the mixer. Cream the cream cheese and butter at high speed until smooth. Add the egg yolk and mix together. Add the flour slowly. Beat until combined into a pastry dough. The dough will be sticky.
- Use one rounded teaspoon of dough for each mini tart. Dip fingers in flour and press dough into the tart pan. If a hole is accidentally made, add excess dough to repair.
PECAN TASSIES - OLGA'S FLAVOR FACTORY
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Sweets
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and cream cheese together until combined.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts, press into log shapes and wrap each into aluminum foil or parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. I like to make this dough ahead of time. You can even freeze it.
PECAN TASSIES FROM MISSISSIPPI VEGAN - BAKED
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Pies And TartsCalories 438 per serving
- In a large bowl, stir together the brown rice syrup, coconut sugar, melted vegan butter, vanilla, bourbon (if using), and salt.
- In small bowl, combine the water and corn starch. Stir this into the sugar mixture along with the chopped pecans.
- Roll out the pie dough until it's approximately 1/4-inch thick. Using a cookie or biscuit cutter, cut the dough into circles (see notes for more details).
- Line muffin cups with pie dough, depending on your size preference (again, see notes). Place muffin tin (with dough) in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to chill.
BEST EVER MINI PECAN TASSIES RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 121 per serving
- To toast the pecans (optional but recommended), scatter them on a baking tray and bake for 7-8 minutes at 350F / 180C / 160C fan forced.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until well combined and looking a little frothy on top.
PECAN TASSIES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (2)Category Cookies
- Make Dough: Place 1/2 cup pecans in a food processor and blitz until finely ground. Set aside. In a bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese until fully incorporated. Add flour and ground pecans and mix until a shaggy dough forms. Use your hands to press the dough into a solid mass. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into each muffin cup. Use your fingers to evenly press dough into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup. Transfer muffin tin to freezer while making the Filling.
- Make Filling: Whisk together egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and bourbon until sugar is dissolved and mixture is homogenous. Remove muffin tray from freezer. Place 1 teaspoon of chopped pecans in each of the muffin cups. Pour the Filling over the pecans until it almost completely fills the pastry cups. Bake until the filling has puffed and the pastry has lightly browned, 20 to 24 minutes. Allow to cool before removing pecan tassies from muffin pan with an offset spatula.
PECAN TASSIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (11)Servings 48
- Beat 1 cup butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed. Shape mixture into 48 balls, and place on a baking sheet; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place 1 dough ball into each lightly greased muffin cup in mini muffin pans, shaping each into a shell.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks 20 minutes or until completely cool.
PECAN TASSIES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
Ratings 11Calories 121 per servingCategory Dessert
- Beat together the 8 tablespoons (be careful to reserve 2 tablespoons here) butter and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy then add in the flour until just mixed, remove from the stand mixer and refrigerate for an hour.
- To the stand mixer add the remaining butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and pecans until combined.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces and press into your muffin tins using a handle of a wooden spoon or similarly shaped tool wrapped in saran wrap to shape a well inside the dough in each muffin tin cavity, then fill with 1 teaspoon of pecan filling and bake for 20-22 minutes.
PECAN TASSIES - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
5/5 (6)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 185 per serving
- In a separate bowl cut the cold butter into the flour until the butter becomes pea-sized. I like to use a pastry cutter for this but you can do it in a food processor as well.
- Using your fingers flatten out each ball so it takes up the shape of the hollow tin. Then fill each pocket with 1 tablespoon of the pecan filling.
PECAN TASSIES - PEAR TREE KITCHEN - EASY HOMESTYLE RECIPES
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DessertsCalories 120 per serving
PECAN TASSIES - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
5/5 (5)Category Christmas Cookies, DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 122 per serving
PECAN TASSIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 134 per serving
BETTY CROCKER PECAN TASSIES RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
PECAN TASSIES RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
BETTY CROCKER PECAN SANDIES RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
TASSIE RECIPES - PECAN, FILLING RECIPES & MORE | TASTE OF …
PECAN TASSIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PECAN TASSIES | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
PECAN TASSIES - RECIPE BOY
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #hand-formed-cookies #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #oven #finger-food #holiday-event #cookies-and-brownies #pies #nuts #dietary #christmas #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake pecan Tassies?Directions. Make the filling: Whisk the egg, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, butter, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in pecans. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons filling into each muffin cup. 4. Bake pecan tassies until crust begins to turn golden, about 20-22 minutes. Let cool completely in tins on wire rack. Unmold.
What is a pecan Tasie?A cross between a shortbread cookie and a bite of pecan pie, a pecan tassie is the kind of bite-size dessert that offers just the right amount of decadence in an adorable package. The dough that surrounds the filling is made out of a simple blend of butter, cream cheese, flour, and ground pecans.
What is in a pecan Tassies pie?A little like mini pecan pies, these Pecan Tassies are easier to make and every bit as delicious. The flaky cream cheese crust with maple and pecan filling is a perfect combination for the holidays and totally addictive.
How many calories in pecan Tassies?Calories per serving of Pecan Tassies 33 calories of Brown Sugar, (0.04 cup, packed) 33 calories of Butter, unsalted, (0.02 cup) 18 calories of Flour, white, (0.04 cup) 16 calories of Pecans, (0.02 cup, chopped) 8 hours ago Discover low - carb, keto-friendly Betty Crocker recipes using the keto food search engine.