BRAISED LAMB SHANKS - PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE
Tender braised lamb shanks in a red wine and vegetable gravy. Really not as rich as it sounds. Was given a pressure cooker as a gift from my family for my birthday- a Tefal Minut Pressure Cooker. This was my first recipe to try from the recipe book that came with it. My family raved over this dish. Ask the butcher to 'french trim' the shanks for you, or at least remove the knuckle end. This will also cut down on the fattiness of the dish. Use gluten-free flour and stock for a gluten-free meal. Serve with mashed potato and a green vege sid. Delicious gravy for your mash
Provided by Jubes
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the calyx and cut into quarters. If you prefer, you can drop the tomatoes into boiling water for one minute and then refresh in ice cold water- this makes removing the skins easier.
- Toss the shanks in the flour -I do this in a large plastic bag for a no mess cleanup. Shake off any excess flour. Discard excess flour.
- Heat half of the oil in the cooker (no lid) and brown the shanks, two at a time if necessary. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion, carrots and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally. Add the tomatoes, oregano, lemon rind, wine and stock. Bring to the boil, stirring well, for a few minutes.
- Return the lamb shanks to the cooker and season well with salt and pepper. Spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over the meat.
- Close and lock the lid. Set cooker to High Pressure and cook for 25 minutes.
- Carefully release pressure from the cooker and check the meat is cooked. The meat should be very tender and almost falling off the bone. Cook a furtehr 5 minutes if required (though I haven't had to do this).
- If you would like the gravy a little thicker- add the remaining flour to the cold water and stir until smooth. Simmer gravy and add the flour paste in slowly until the gravy is thicker.
- Serve with mashed potato and a green veg -- or baked tiny tomatoes as we did. The green or red really adds colour to the plated meal.
ELMSLEA LAMB SHANKS WITH DATES AND PUMPKIN (PRESSURE COOKER)
A dish with a twist and lovely taste. Long term favorite of our family, with rave reviews from our dinner party guests. This was the first recipe we used in our pressure cooker, and we have loved it ever since.
Provided by quiettype
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Coat shanks in flour.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker and brown shanks, set aside.
- Add onion, cook till soft.
- Add back lamb, chicken stock, red wine, tomatoes, dates, cinnamon stick and bring to the boil.
- Add pumpkin.
- Cook on low for 45 minutes.
- Cook potatoes and mash.
- Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes, sprinkled with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 984, Fat 40, SaturatedFat 14.8, Cholesterol 245.7, Sodium 363, Carbohydrate 67.3, Fiber 7, Sugar 22.7, Protein 80.5
More about "elmslea lamb shanks with dates and pumpkin pressure cooker recipes"
PRESSURE COOKED LAMB SHANK RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
PRESSURE COOKER LAMB SHANK SUNDAY ROAST RECIPE WITH …
INSTANT POT LAMB SHANK - TESTED BY AMY - JACKY
10 BEST LAMB SHANKS PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST PRESSURE COOKER LAMB RECIPES - YUMMLY
PRESSURE COOKER LAMB SHANKS - DADCOOKSDINNER
PRESSURE COOKER LAMB SHANKS - WITH GORDON RAMSAY STYLE!
MOROCCAN LAMB SHANKS WITH PUMPKIN AND DATES - 9KITCHEN
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrsCategory Dinner
INSTANT POT BRAISED LAMB SHANKS WITH TOMATO
TENDER LAMB SHANKS PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE - MY KETO KITCHEN
INSTANT POT LAMB SHANKS - FREE EASY AND TASTY RECIPES
BRAISED LAMB SHANKS - PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LAMB SHANKS WITH DATES AND PUMPKIN - RECIPES - ABC RADIO
PRESSURE COOKER LAMB SHANKS | THE FOODIE EATS | PRESSURE COOKER …
LAMB SHANKS | FREE PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
PRESSURE COOKER LAMB SHANKS | RECIPE - PINTEREST
PRESSURE COOKER LAMB SHANK RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
NIGELLA LAWSON'S LAMB SHANKS WITH DATES AND POMEGRANATE MOLASSES
INSTANT POT IRISH LAMB SHANKS - DADCOOKSDINNER
PRESSURE COOKER (INSTANT POT) LUSCIOUS LAMB SHANKS
LAMB SHANKS - COOK4ME+ BY TEFAL
LAMB SHANKS WITH DATES & PUMPKIN | AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF SPORT
PRESSURE COOKER BRAISED LAMB SHANKS & COUSCOUS
INSTANT POT LAMB (PRESSURE COOKER LAMB) - TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
INSTANT POT LAMB SHANKS - COOKING PERFECTED
LAMB SHANKS WITH DATES AND PUMPKIN | RECIPE | LAMB SHANKS, …
INSTANT POT LAMB SHANKS | RECIPE | PRESSURE COOKER LAMB, LAMB …
PRESSURE COOKER LAMB SHANKS - MY SUGAR FREE KITCHEN
LAMB SHANKS WITH DATES AND PUMPKIN | RECIPE | SLOW COOKED …
2 FLAVORSOME LAMB SHANK PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE - MISS VICKIE
INSTANT POT LAMB SHANKS - SAVOR THE BEST
LAMB SHANK RECIPES | RECIPETIN EATS
PRESSURE COOKER LAMB SHANKS WITH WHITE BEANS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
LAMB SHANKS (PRESSURE COOKER) - COOKING.COM.AU
Lamb Shank Curry| A Pressure Cooker Recipe4K views-02:07
Lamb shank recipe |how to cook lamb shank in pressure cooker #lambshank #mutton #roaststylelambshank77 views-03:48
Lamb Shank using a pressure cooker and South African Samp Recipe184 views-12:05
Tender & Delicious Braised Lamb Shanks | Instant Pot Recipes10K views-08:34
Instant Pot Braised Lamb Shanks in Tomato and Red Wine Sauce | Pressure Cooker Recipes582 views-05:54
Middle Eastern fall-off-the-bone Lamb shank - pressure cooker3.8K views-01:05
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lamb shanks in a pressure cooker?Tender lamb shanks in about an hour, thanks to the pressure cooker. Sear the lamb shanks: Season the shanks with the 2 teaspoons of salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat in the pressure cooker pot until shimmering. Brown the shanks in 2 batches, 2 shanks at a time.
How do you cook lamb shanks in a slow cooker?Heat half of the oil in the cooker (no lid) and brown the shanks, two at a time if necessary. Remove and set aside. Add the remaining oil and the onion, carrots and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally. Add the tomatoes, oregano, lemon rind, wine and stock. Bring to the boil, stirring well, for a few minutes.
How to cook lamb shanks in Instant Pot?In a bowl, add the flour and combine with the salt and pepper. Coat each lamb shank in the flour. Set the instant pot to sauté and add the oil. Cook the lamb shanks in batches. Cook until each side is browned (Roughly 3-5 minutes). Once cooked, place the lamb shanks to the side. Add the onion, garlic, celery, and carrots.
How to cook lamb shanks with pomegranate oil?3 tbsp pomegranate molasses pomegranate seeds , to serve Preheat your oven to 300°F. Put the lamb shanks into a large bowl and pour the olive oil over them, then turn and rub them well to make sure the oil lightly coats all the meat.