SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE
- In a food processor, pulse bread until large crumbs form (you should have about 6 cups); season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 6-quart heavy-bottom saucepan, cook sausage, onions, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and sausage is starting to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, broth, wine, thyme, and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; add beans. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened but still soupy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the breadcrumbs. Divide sausage mixture between two 3-quart shallow baking dishes or eight 10-ounce ramekins. Top with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake, on a baking sheet, until topping is golden, 30 minutes.
ENGLISH SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE
This is a recipe that my mum gave me and it makes a very comforting meal on a cold day. I am not certain if you can buy Cumberland sausages in other countries (doubtful!) but if not then go for a thick, heavily seasoned / peppery sausage. What I call Butter Beans I think are called White Lima Beans in the US. I think Worcestershire sauce is widely available but if not use a brown spicy sauce. Lastly, I think cider is referred to as "hard cider" in the US so just to clarify it's the version with alcohol for this recipe! I normally serve with baked potatoes.
Provided by Karen Pea
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grill the sausages until brown.
- Fry the chopped onions with the garlic and bacon.
- In a large saucepan add all the ingredients except only add half the stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer slowly.
- The recipe doesn't tell you how long to simmer for but sometimes I serve after 20-30 mins or so. If I keep it on for longer I haven't managed to overcook it yet. I just add in the rest of the stock as and when required if I'm waiting for guests to arrive.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 887.3, Fat 56.8, SaturatedFat 18.6, Cholesterol 113.9, Sodium 2161.1, Carbohydrate 59, Fiber 10.9, Sugar 19.8, Protein 38.1
SAUSAGE & BEAN CASSEROLE
A comforting and hearty one-pot sausage stew with chorizo, smoked paprika and plenty of vegetables
Provided by Caroline Hire - Food writer
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil in a large heavy-based pan.
- Add 1 finely chopped onion and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 finely chopped medium celery sticks, 1 chopped yellow pepper and 1 chopped red pepper and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add 6 chorizo sausages and 6 pork sausages and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 chopped garlic cloves, 1 ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika, ½ tsp ground cumin and 1 tbsp dried thyme and continue cooking for 1 - 2 mins or until the aromas are released.
- Pour in 125ml white wine and use a wooden spoon to remove any residue stuck to the pan.
- Add two 400g cans of tomatoes, and 2 sprigs of fresh thyme and bring to a simmer. Crumble in the chicken stock cube and stir.
- Cook for 40 minutes. Stir in a 400g drained and rinsed can of aduki beans and cook for a further five minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs, season with black pepper and stir through some snipped chives, if using. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519 calories, Fat 33.8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11.7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25.9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11.7 grams sugar, Fiber 5.2 grams fiber, Protein 24.5 grams protein, Sodium 2.9 milligram of sodium
SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEAN "CASSOULET"
- In a medium skillet cook sausages in oil over moderate heat, turning them, until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes, and transfer to paper towels to drain.
- In fat remaining in skillet cook onions and garlic, stirring, until golden, and stir in herbs (including bay leaf), scallions or parsley, tomatoes with juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Boil mixture, stirring, 5 minutes. Cut sausage into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Add sausage and beans to tomato mixture and cook, stirring, until heated through. Discard bay leaf and keep "cassoulet" warm, covered.
- Make topping:
- In a small skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté bread until pale golden. Stir in garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and sauté, stirring, 1 minute.
- Transfer "cassoulet" to a 1-quart serving dish and cover evenly with topping.
SAUSAGE & BUTTER BEAN CASSEROLE
Dish up a hearty bowl of comfort on a cold, wintry evening with this simple sausage stew that uses a tin of baked beans to make it even easier
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat half the oil in a large casserole dish, then brown the sausages all over. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining oil, tip the veg into the dish and fry for 10 mins. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 min more.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Return the sausages to the pan with the beans, thyme and some seasoning, then pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, then bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until the crumbs are golden and the stew is bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580 calories, Fat 33 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 16 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 25 grams protein, Sodium 3.85 milligram of sodium
More about "english sausage and bean casserole recipes"
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3.5/5 (45)Calories 205 per servingServings 8
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and turkey sausage to pan; sauté for 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in 2 tablespoons brown sugar, tomato paste, dried thyme, freshly ground black pepper, cannellini beans, and bay leaf. Add ground red pepper, if desired. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/2 cups.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over bean mixture, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until browned. Discard bay leaf. Sprinkle with parsley.
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - A CEDAR SPOON
5/5 (2)Category SausageServings 6Total Time 45 mins
- Cook the rice according to the package and set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine the sausage, salsa, spices, rice, beans, diced tomatoes and the rice and mix well. Add 1 cup of cheese and combine.
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish spray with non-stick spray. Spread the rice casserole in the dish and even it out. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on the casserole.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sausage is heated through.
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - SLOW THE COOK DOWN
EASY SAUSAGE & BUTTERBEAN CASSEROLE - MY FUSSY EATER | EASY KIDS …
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
HAIRY BIKERS SAUSAGE CASSEROLE / TRIED & TESTED - ALL KITCHEN COLOURS
SPANISH SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPES
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - CULINARY GINGER
ENGLISH SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE | EASY DINNER RECIPES
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - SLOW COOKER SUNDAYS
SAUSAGE BEANS CASSEROLE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE WITH SPINACH - EVERYDAY HEALTHY …
30 EASY LOW CARB CASSEROLE RECIPES THAT ARE TOTALLY KETO
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
MORRISONS: RECIPES: SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE
SIMPLE SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - CARRIE'S KITCHEN
VEGGIE SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - SPLASH OF TASTE - VEGETARIAN …
SAUSAGE AND BAKED BEAN CASSEROLE - THE DINNER BITE
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE WITH CHORIZO AND SQUASH
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - KEEF COOKS
SAUSAGE AND BAKED BEAN CASSEROLE - SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - RECIPE DETAILS
QUICK SUMMER BEAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE IN CIDER RECIPE - DELICIOUS.
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ENGLISH SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE (SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEANS CASSEROLE)
SAUSAGE & BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | RECIPES FROM OCADO
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE WITH COLCANNON | DINNER RECIPES
SMOKED SAUSAGE AND BAKED BEANS CASSEROLE
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHICKEN-SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE WITH SAGE RECIPE
SAUSAGE AND BEANS BAKE - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE WITH BREADCRUMB TOPPING - THE COOK …
HEARTY SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - FOODLE CLUB
SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE THE ULTIMATE ITALIAN COMFORT FOOD
SAUSAGE AND BAKED BEAN CASSEROLE - DAISIES & PIE
HAIRY BIKERS’ SAUSAGE AND BEAN CASSEROLE - CATCH 77 CIC
REE DRUMMOND SAUSAGE BALLS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SAUSAGE & BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook baked beans with sausage sausages?Return the sausages to the pan, pour the baked beans all over it, add Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and stir to combine. You can add about ½ cup of low sodium vegetable stock or water if you would be leaving the casserole to cook for longer than 15 minutes Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
How to cook Italian sausage in a casserole?Add about 1 cup of water to the casserole to enable the veggies to cook properly. Heat up olive oil on medium-high heat in a casserole dish and carefully add the sausages. Brown the sausages all over until golden brown. Remove from the pan and transfer to a plate.
How do I make a gluten free sausage casserole?This hearty sausage casserole is quick to put together and uses baked beans to make it an easy midweek meal. You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free sausages, Worcestershire sauce, stock and baked beans. Heat the oil over a high heat in a large casserole dish and add the sausages. Brown all over, then lift out on to a plate.
How do you cook sausages and bacon in a pan?Fry the sausages in a little oil in a casserole until browned all over. Remove the sausages, then add the bacon, onion and carrot, and cook for 7 minutes or until everything is starting to brown and the bacon is crisping up.