FILIPINO-STYLE MEATLOAF (EMBUTIDO)
This Filipino-style meatloaf has an egg at its center. Don't waste any of the paprika-tinted delicious juices remaining in the pan-sop them up with rice instead.
Provided by Angela Dimayuga
Yield 8-12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Gently lower 6 eggs into a large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water and let cool 2 minutes. Drain and carefully peel.
- Mix remaining 6 eggs in a large bowl with garlic, Parmesan, panko, butter, pickles, olives, raisins, vinegar, both paprikas, pepper, and 2 Tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. Diamond Crystal or 4 1/2 tsp. Morton salt, then mix in pork.
- Line two 9x5" loaf pans with a sheet of foil, leaving 3" overhang on long sides. Lightly coat with nonstick spray. Divide half of meat mixture between pans. Place 3 boiled eggs in a line down the center of each pan. Top with remaining meat mixture, packing tightly around eggs and making sure they are completely covered.
- Mix ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and spread over both embutidos. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into several places, avoiding eggs if possible, registers 155°F, 55-70 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer embutidos to a platter; slice.
- Do Ahead
- Embutidos can be baked 4 days ahead. Let cool, cover and chill.
This recipe for embutido, a festive Filipino meatloaf featuring ingredients that appeared in the Philippines during the American occupation, is adapted from Emma Phojanakong. She often prepares it as a stuffing for chicken; inspired by that, this recipe features a simple citrus-and-soy-spiked chicken sauce to go alongside. Serve it with watercress and steamed white rice, but it also makes great next-day sandwiches.
Provided by Francis Lam
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 6-8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 300. Put 2 eggs in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, cover, turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove eggs, and place in cold water to cool, then peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the remaining 2 eggs, and combine with the cheese, ham, peas, raisins, onion, sausages, relish, ketchup, salt and a few cracks of black pepper. Fold in the ground pork, then mix it with your hands until thoroughly combined and the mixture starts to stick together. Heat a dry frying pan over medium heat, and cook a spoonful of the mixture. Taste the mixture, and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Line a large baking pan with greased foil, leaving some overhang on all sides. Spread the embutido mixture into a rectangle about 12 by 17 inches. Place the boiled egg halves in a line down one of the long sides of the rectangle. Starting from that edge, lift the foil to roll the meat mixture - with the eggs - over itself, and roll all the way to the other side to form a cylinder (like a jelly roll). Pat the embutido to create a uniform shape, and wrap the foil tightly around it, crimping the ends to seal.
- Place the foil-wrapped embutido in the center of the pan, and place in the oven. After 45 minutes, remove the embutido and turn on the broiler. Unwrap the foil and let embutido rest for 10 minutes, then broil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Let rest 3 minutes, then slice.
- While the embutido is roasting, set a small saucepan over medium-high heat and combine 3 tablespoons calamansi juice, soy sauce and broth. Simmer until reduced by half. Thoroughly combine the cornstarch with the remaining calamansi juice and whisk into the sauce. Bring to a boil, and when it is thickened, remove from heat. When embutido is cooked, reheat sauce over medium heat until steaming, then whisk in butter, one chunk at a time, to emulsify.
- Serve embutido on a platter with watercress and sauce, with steamed white rice on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 472, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 29 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Sodium 975 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams, TransFat 0 grams
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEATLOAF)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the ground pork, luncheon meat, chorizo de bilbao, pickle, raisin, eggs, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form the mixture into 2 logs and wrap with aluminum foil. Place the wrapped logs in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Set the meatloaves aside to rest. Carefully drain the drippings from the baking dish into a small saucepan placed over medium heat. Stir the soy sauce and corn flour into the drippings; bring to a boil. Cook the mixture at a boil, stirring continually, until the sauce is thick, 5 to 7 minutes. Unwrap the meatloaves and slice; serve the sauce over sliced meatloaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483.5 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Cholesterol 178.9 mg, Fat 36.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 30.2 g, SaturatedFat 13.3 g, Sodium 1518.2 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
This is an adodpted recipe. I will post any revisions after I make it. Embutido is a traditional Filipino-style meatloaf. A terrific ready-to-eat idea that's perfect to take along for lunch or sandwich filling Prep time includes chilling.
Provided by Zaney1
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture in foil and steam for 1 hour.
- Let cool.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice diagonally.
More about "filipino meatloaf embutido recipes"
EMBUTIDO RECIPE (FILIPINO STYLE MEATLOAF) - PINOY FOOD RECIPES
PORK EMBUTIDO - PINOYCOOKINGRECIPES
RECIPE: EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEATLOAF) WITH CHORIZO BILBAO
PORK EMBUTIDO RECIPE: HOW TO COOK FILIPINO STEAMED …
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO STYLE MEATLOAF) - SALU SALO RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SPECIAL EMBUTIDO | PANLASANG PINOY RECIPES™
EMBUTIDO RECIPE (FILIPINO STYLE PORK MEAT LOAF) - FOXY FOLKSY
FILIPINO EMBUTIDO RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EMBUTIDO( FILIPINO-STYLE MEATLOAF) RECIPE - PANLASANG PINOY …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, beef and vegetables. Add the beaten eggs, the soy and sugar, and the black pepper to the meat mixture and stir until everything is well-combined (mixing with your hands is best for this).
- Evenly divide the meat mixture between two sheets of aluminum foil about 15-inches long. Spread the meat into a rectangle (about 10×6 inches) in the middle of the foil, and then place filling (hard boiled eggs, hot dogs and/or Vienna Sausages) in the center of the meat:
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO-STYLE MEATLOAF) RECIPE
Cuisine AsianCategory Entree, Dinner, LunchServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 50 mins
EMBUTIDO, THE FILIPINO MEATLOAF RECIPE
3.8/5 (26)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 761 per serving
EMBUTIDO RECIPE - PINOYCOOKINGRECIPES
TOP 43 FILIPINO COOKING RECIPES
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEATLOAF) - LATESTRECIPES.NET
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE FILIPINO MEATLOAF [EMBUTIDO]
PORK EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO-STYLE MEATLOAF) - KAWALING PINOY
EMBUTIDO PORK MEATLOAF - ASIAN IN AMERICA
BAKED EMBUTIDO, FILIPINO-STYLE MEATLOAF - RECIPES
EMBUTIDO - EASY STEAM OR OVEN-BAKED FILIPINO MEATLOAF | AMIABLE …
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEATLOAF)
EMBUTIDO RECIPE | FILIPINO MEATLOAF | HOME COOKING WITH MAMA …
MEATLOAF | PINOY EMBUTIDO
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEATLOAF) RECIPE
BAKED FILIPINO EMBUTIDO - RIVERTEN KITCHEN
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEATLOAF) - RECIPES BY NORA
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEAT LOAF) | SAVEUR
EMBUTIDO RECIPE (FILIPINO MEATLOAF) - TODAY'S DELIGHT
BAKED EMBUTIDO FILIPINO STYLE MEATLOAF - THERESCIPES.INFO
EMBUTIDO RECIPE (FILIPINO MEAT LOAF) | RICH AND SWEET LIFE
14 BEST FILIPINO GROUND BEEF RECIPES FOR A TASTY DINNER 2022
EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEATLOAF) - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
FILIPINO EMBUTIDO RECIPES - PORK, BEEF AND CHICKEN MEATLOAF
TOP 42 EMBUTIDO RECIPE PANLASANG PINOY RECIPES
BEEF EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO MEATLOAF)
FILIPINO EMBUTIDO RECIPE • FILIPINO MEATLOAF USING BEEF AND PORK
BEEF EMBUTIDO RECIPE
EMBUTIDO RECIPE (FILIPINO MEATLOAF) | LEMONS + ANCHOVIES
CLASSIC EMBUTIDO (FILIPINO-STYLE MEATLOAF) - MANILA SPOON
EMBUTIDO RECIPE | PINOY FOOD GUIDE
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR THE PERFECT EMBUTIDO
EMBUTIDO - FILIPINO MEAT LOAF - RECIPE PETITCHEF
HOW TO COOK DELICIOUS FILIPINO EMBUTIDO IN THE INSTANT POT
EMBUTIDO - FILIPINO-STYLE MEATLOAF
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make meatloaf in Filipino style?Embutido ( Filipino-Style Meatloaf) Recipe. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the sugar and soy sauce in a small bowl, stir until sugar dissolves, and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the pork, beef and vegetables. Add the beaten eggs, the soy and sugar, and the black pepper to the meat mixture and stir until everything is well-combined...
What is embutido meatloaf made of?Baked Embutido is a Filipino style meatloaf made with ground pork and vegetables. Filled with hard-boiled eggs and sausage at the center, it has raisins, pickles, and cheese. Truly, a Christmas meatloaf like no other! Ground Pork. For moist and tender embutido, ground meat with at least 30% fat is recommended.
What goes well with embutido meatloaf?Pork Embutido is perfect with steamed rice or mashed potatoes! With a colorful ground pork mixture rolled around hardboiled eggs and sausage and steamed to perfection, this Filipino-style meatloaf is as pretty as it is tasty! In a pan over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions and cook until softened.
How do you make an embutido loaves?In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, cooked vegetables and the rest of the embutido ingredients. Mix well by hands or a large spoon. To assemble, spread half of the meat mixture at the bottom of an oiled loaf pan. Arrange the hard-boiled eggs and sausage in the center (see video).