Stir fries require very little cooking time and you can pretty much use any vegetables you like, but the star of this one is the ginger. This dish is quick and easy to make, but get all of your ingredients together (including mixing the sauce) before you start cooking because everything happens fast! Serve with rice, and garnish with sliced green onions.
Provided by lutzflcat
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken to the wok, and stir-fry until chicken is opaque on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the wok. Add bell pepper, onion, and snow peas; stir-fry until vegetables start to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk together water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and garlic in a bowl. Add sauce to the wok, stirring constantly until sauce starts to thicken. Add chicken back to the wok, stir, and reheat, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Cholesterol 65.1 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1336.2 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
CHICKEN WITH GINGER
- Soak ginger in cold water 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; brown chicken in two batches, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook ginger, onion, and garlic, stirring until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; cook over high heat until thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken; stir to warm. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 g, Fat 9 g, Protein 41 g
EASY GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN
- Pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag combine the garlic, ginger, oil and lime juice. Seal bag and shake until blended. Open bag and add chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for no more than 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill or broil, basting with marinade, until cooked through and juices run clear. Dispose of any remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 79.8 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY
- Toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in a medium bowl; let sit 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, stir together the chicken broth, remaining 2 teaspoons each cornstarch and soy sauce and the vinegar until smooth; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring once or twice, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 30 seconds. Add the snow peas, broccolini and half of the scallions; cook, stirring, until the vegetables start softening, about 2 minutes. Stir the chicken broth mixture and pour it into the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the rice or quinoa among bowls and top with the stir-fry and remaining scallions. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with more soy sauce.
Ginger and soy sauce lend an Asian flair to this hearty and healthy main dish. -Ben Haen, Baldwin, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the egg white, soy sauce, cornstarch and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. For sauce, combine the cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar until smooth; set aside., Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm., Stir-fry green pepper and onions in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add bamboo shoots and ginger; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender., Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 748mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
INDONESIAN GINGER CHICKEN
- Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted. Arrange the chicken in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.
This isn't usually the ginger chicken that you get in Chinese restaurants. It is a simple and tasty recipe one of my Chinese friends likes to make. It has a good flavour and isn't too over powering. The amounts are an estimation because I have never measured it out. I usually use the liquid from the jar of the ginger not the vinegar. I usually have it with fried rice and a salad. Most of the time for this recipe is the marinating time.
Provided by Tea Girl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Chop the pickled ginger finely.
- Put chicken, ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl and mix. The chicken should be fully covered.
- Let chicken marinate for at least 8 hours, overnight is even better.
- Heat pan with oil.
- Add chicken with marinade to pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce thickens a bit.
- Serve and top with toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.2, Fat 14.3, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 72.8, Sodium 2184.9, Carbohydrate 6, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 0.6, Protein 30.5
This zingy curry is must-make recipe and only takes 50 minutes, fresher than your local take away and much healthier too
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Buffet, Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Slice each chicken thigh into 2 or 3 large chunks, then put in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, half the coriander, lime juice and 1 tbsp of the oil. Stir well, then cover and leave in the fridge to marinate until ready to cook. For the best flavour, do this in the morning or, better still, the night before.
- Peel and quarter the onions, then very finely chop them in a food processor; for a curry you want the onion really fine. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the onion and stir-fry for about 8 mins until soft. Stir in the turmeric and cook for 1 min more, stirring well.
- Tip in the chicken mixture with the marinade and cook over a high heat until the chicken changes colour. Pour in the coconut milk, add the chilli and stock, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is tender. Stir in the remaining coriander, then serve with pilau rice, a bowl of mango chutney - we like Geeta's - and some poppadoms or naan bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 1.29 milligram of sodium
This is different from any other honey-ginger chicken recipe I have seen on here. It has 1/3 cup hot sauce in it...so it has a little KICK! The sweet and the hot work fabulously together and always impress company! This is a favorite of mine ever since my late aunt first cooked it for me 15 years ago. Brown or white rice works well on the side...you need something to help soak up all the yummy sauce!
Provided by AJsMOM
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 425. Melt Crisco and butter in 9x13 pan in oven.
- Combine flour, salt, ginger, pepper. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- Add chicken to hot pan, skin side down. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn pieces over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Whisk together honey, hot sauce, soy sauce.
- Drain butter/fat from pan and pour honey mixture over the chicken and bake 15 more minutes, basting often.
- Serve hot, or refrigerate and serve chilled. (I prefer it hot next too some fluffy rice!).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 635.2, Fat 31.4, SaturatedFat 10.8, Cholesterol 228.6, Sodium 1772.7, Carbohydrate 22.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 15.9, Protein 64
Though this may look like regular old chicken, don't be fooled: It's buzzing with the bright flavors of ginger and lime. Mayonnaise is the secret ingredient in this recipe, which is a trick J. Kenji López-Alt has written about. When slathered on boneless chicken and cooked, the beloved condiment carries flavor, sticks to the meat well, encourages browning and prevents the pieces of lime zest and ginger - or whatever seasonings you choose - from burning. Try this technique first with ginger and lime zest, then experiment with grated garlic, jalapeño, lemon, Parmesan and whatever else you can imagine. Serve with a pile of white rice and a fresh green salad topped with thinly sliced avocado.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, weekday, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pat the chicken dry and season all over with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lime zest and ginger; season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat. (The chicken can sit in the marinade for up to 8 hours in the fridge. Let come to room temperature before cooking.)
- To grill: Heat a grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken over direct heat until cooked through and juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side for thighs and about 4 minutes per side for breasts, turning as necessary to avoid burning.
- To cook in a skillet: Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Cook the chicken until juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side for thighs and about 4 minutes per side for breasts.
- Serve chicken with lime wedges, for squeezing on top.
More about "ginger chicken recipes"
10 BEST CHINESE GINGER CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGER CHICKEN CONGEE - OPTAVIA RECIPES
EASY GINGER CHICKEN AND SPINACH RAMEN. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
TASTY GINGER LIME CURRY CHICKEN PERFECT WITH ANY SIDE
ONE PAN GINGER CHICKEN AND RICE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
BAKED GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE • COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
BAKED GINGER AND LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE - PUREWOW
GINGER CHICKEN & RICE BOWLS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
30-MINUTE GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY - INSPIRED TASTE
GINGER CHICKEN - AUTHENTIC CHINESE IN 30 MINUTES! - THE …
CHICKEN WITH GINGER BEER RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE | JAPANESE RECIPES | PBS FOOD
GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN - AMANDA COOKS & STYLES
EASY STICKY GINGER CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
10 BEST CHICKEN GINGER ROOT RECIPES | YUMMLY
100 FRESH GINGER RECIPES THAT'LL USE UP THAT GINGER ROOT
HONEY LEMON GINGER CHICKEN | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE YOU'LL LOVE - A GIRL WORTH SAVING
GINGER CHICKEN - JO COOKS
EASY ONE PAN ORANGE GINGER CHICKEN - THE BUSY BAKER
GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN (EASY + HEALTHY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
CHICKEN GINGER STEW - THERESCIPES.INFO
GINGER CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
GINGER GARLIC CHICKEN LEGS - EASY BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE
GINGER CHICKEN | RICARDO
SHEET PAN GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN & BROCCOLI RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE BY DIVYA BURMAN - NDTV FOOD
JAPANESE GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE - GRAPHICRECIPES.COM
GINGER CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
GINGER CHICKEN | METRO
CRISPY GARLIC GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE - FLAVORITE
GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE
SOY-GINGER BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
PINEAPPLE GINGER CHICKEN - CANADA'S FOOD GUIDE
GINGER CHICKEN: THE RESTAURANT STYLE RECIPE - COOKIST
STICKY, SWEET & SPICY GRILLED GINGER CHICKEN - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
GINGER SOY CHICKEN (INSTANT POT) - RASA MALAYSIA
STICKY GINGER SOY GLAZED CHICKEN - BUDGET BYTES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #dietary #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat
You'll also love