GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add 1 slice of cheese. Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread, butter and slice of cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 75.6 mg, Fat 28.3 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 639.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
THE BEST EVER GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
Spreading a mixture of mayo and butter on the bread creates a delightfully crispy crust with the well-loved, wonderful flavor of butter one expects on a grilled cheese sandwich.-Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on 1 side of bread slices. Toast bread, butter side down, in a large skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Manchego cheese, onion powder and remaining 3 tablespoons butter. In another bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere. , To assemble sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced Brie. Sprinkle cheddar cheese mixture evenly over Brie. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inward. Spread mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet and cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 659 calories, Fat 49g fat (27g saturated fat), Cholesterol 122mg cholesterol, Sodium 1017mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
The trick to great grilled cheese sandwiches isn't in the ingredients, but on the stove. Achieving a golden, crusty outside and oozy inside takes a little patience: if the heat is too high, the outside will scorch before the cheese melts. Cooking the slices separately at first gives the cheese a good head start. There's no need to search out artisanal loaves or local cheese (though they won't hurt), but definitely do not use homemade mayonnaise. Mustard, chutney or even strawberry jam (believe it) can be dabbed on the cheese as it melts, or add ham, prosciutto or slices of apple or tomato (drain on paper towels first). You can use any melting cheese, such as American, Muenster or Swiss, but not too much: part of the perfection here is in the proportion of bread to cheese.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories easy, lunch, quick, sandwiches, main course
Yield 1 sandwich
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat a heavy pan over medium-low heat.
- Thinly spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Spread the other side of each slice with mayonnaise and place the bread, mayonnaise-side-down, in the pan. Divide the cheese evenly on top of the buttered slices. Adjust the heat so the bread sizzles gently.
- When the cheese is about halfway melted, use a spatula to flip one slice over on top of the other, and press lightly to melt. Keep turning the sandwich, pressing gently, until the sandwich is compact, both sides are crusty, and the cheese is melted.
More about "grilled placerville sandwiches recipes"
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #lunch #poultry #american #easy #fall #finger-food #kid-friendly #chicken #dietary #seasonal #sandwiches #comfort-food #high-protein #high-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts #taste-mood #presentation #leftovers
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions