FRIED CORNBREAD (SOUTHERN STYLE)
A SOUTHERN bread for sure! Goes well with any boiled leafy greens, cabbage, lima beans, black-eyed peas, fried fish or pork chops. Just can't beat it!!! Just like Grandma use to make!
Provided by Seasoned Cook
Yield 5-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Mix first two ingredients to make a batter --- add more or less water depending on how thick or thin you want your cornbread patties. The best way would be to mix in small amounts of water at a time to get the consistency you want.
- In a skillet or frying pan bring oil up to medium heat and test 1/2 teaspoon drop of batter, You do not want it to fry too fast. I normally cook mine on #6 and then furn down to #5 on my stove. Drop by tablespoons full and pat out with back of spoon to make a pattie. Turn over when bottom is light brown.
- Serve and enjoy this tasty bread!
GRANNY'S FRIED CORNBREAD
- Gently stir together all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Drop batter with a large spoon onto a hot, well greased griddle.
- Cook as you would for pancakes, turning to brown both sides.
- Serve with butter.
BIG MAMA'S KITCHEN - OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
- For Big Mama's Rub:
- Place all ingredients into a resealable container and mix until thoroughly combined.
- For the oven fried chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover each piece of chicken in buttermilk, then lemon-pepper, no-salt seasoning and Big Mama's Rub, to taste. Place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator overnight so that the meat can absorb some of the liquid.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and dredge in self-rising flour.
- Fry the chicken in a 1/2-inch of canola oil in the bottom of a roasting pan in the preheated oven. Fry the chicken for 15 minutes per side.
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. On the stove top, heat the oil in a large skillet until hot but not boiling. Pour the hot oil into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 35 to 50 minutes. Start checking for doneness after 35 minutes; it should be golden brown when done.
MOM'S SWEET BUTTERMILK CORN BREAD
This corn bread is a little on the sweet side. It's made with white cornmeal, but yellow works too. I learned to make it from my other mom (MIL). It is baked in a cast-iron skillet. Can be used to make stuffing or put leftovers in a cup with milk and put it in the fridge overnight for a comforting breakfast.
Provided by Nandabear
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Pour vegetable oil into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and swirl oil to coat bottom and sides of skillet. Place skillet into preheated oven until very hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from oven.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Beat eggs in a separate bowl and stir buttermilk into eggs. Pour half (2 tablespoons) of vegetable oil from the hot skillet into buttermilk mixture, retaining remaining oil in skillet, and beat until oil is incorporated. Mix buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients to make a smooth batter. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake in the oven until top is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Cut cornbread into servings while in skillet; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.4 calories, Carbohydrate 35.6 g, Cholesterol 39.2 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 589.1 mg, Sugar 9.3 g
GRANDMOTHER'S BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.3 calories, Carbohydrate 39.1 g, Cholesterol 59 mg, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 317.8 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
More about "big mammas fried corn bread recipes"
MY GRANNY'S FRIED CORNBREAD - YOUTUBE
Author Elaine's Country HomeViews 24K
MAMA'S 10-MINUTE HOT WATER CORNBREAD (RECIPE)
Author Phil RobertsonViews 1M
MS. LILLIE’S FRIED CORNBREAD RECIPE | PBS FOOD
BEST FRIED CORNBREAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FRIED CORNBREAD
Cuisine AmericanVideo Duration 44 secTotal Time 30 mins
BIG MAMAS RECIPES - SOUL FOOD RECIPES
OLD-FASHIONED CORNBREAD - THE OLD MILL
SOUTHERN STYLE CORN BREAD - IMMACULATE BITES
BIG MAMMAS HOME COOKING
THIN AND CRISPY LACY CORNBREAD - LANA'S COOKING
HOECAKES (FRIED CORNBREAD) - THE DAILY MEAL
NAVAJO CORNBREAD - GRANDMOTHERS KITCHEN RECIPES
FRIED CORNBREAD | FRIED CORNBREAD, RECIPES, CORNBREAD FRITTERS
BEST PAN FRIED CORNBREAD (HOE CAKES / JOHNNY CAKES)
BIG MAMMA’S HOT WATER CORNBREAD (A SOUTHERN FAVORITE)
FRIED CORNBREAD FROM THE OLD MILL | BLIND PIG AND THE ACORN
HOW TO MAKE MOM'S MOIST AND FLUFFY OLD FASHIONED CORNBREAD
HOW TO MAKE JENNIFER GARNER'S CORNBREAD - TASTE OF HOME
AMAZING CORNBREAD RECIPE - GIMME SOME OVEN
COPYCAT MOE'S ORIGINAL BBQ CORNBREAD - SWEET T MAKES THREE
BEST SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD RECIPE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
HOT FRIED CORNBREAD – SHELLIE RUSHING TOMLINSON
HIGH ALTITUDE CORNBREAD RECIPE - MOUNTAIN MAMA COOKS
MAMA'S FRIED CREAM CORN | PAULA DEEN
FRIED CORNBREAD – SOUTHERN CORNMEAL HOECAKES - ALL RECIPES GUIDE
GRANDMOTHER’S BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
GEMMA'S BEST EVER CORNBREAD RECIPE - BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
MAMA’S CORNBREAD - SOUTHERN BITE
RECIPES - BIG MAMA
LACE CORNBREAD RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD - DAMN DELICIOUS
HOW TO COOK BIG DADDY'S HOT WATER CORNBREAD
MENU – BIG MAMA'S BBQ
FRIED CORNBREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE THE CORNMEAL PANCAKE
HOT WATER CORNBREAD - SOUTHERN BITE
SOUTHERN FRIED LACE CORNBREAD - THE BUTTERED HOME
FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - GRANDBABY CAKES
DEEP SOUTH DISH: FRIED CORNBREAD - SOUTHERN CORNMEAL HOE CAKES
FAT DADDY'S MAUI CORNBREAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
FRIED CORNBREAD, SOUTHERN STYLE - STACY LYN HARRIS
You'll also love