- In large bowl, stir cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in Cheddar and Stilton cheeses, bell peppers and chives.
- Divide cheese mixture in half. Shape each half into a log. Roll logs in walnuts. Wrap each log separately in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Place cheese logs on serving platter. Serve with apple slices and crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 190 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1/2 g
RANCH DRESSING CHEESE LOG
- In a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk and dressing mix. Add the Cheddar cheese and continue beating until thoroughly blended. Wrap the mixture in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes. When firm, shape the wrapped cheese mixture into a log. Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet or a piece of wax paper. Unwrap the cheese log and roll it in the nuts to coat it on all sides. Serve with crackers or bagel chips.
SPICY MONTEREY JACK CHEESE LOGS
A pair of these savory spreads makes a great holiday gift. I made these last Christmas as an appetizer before our big dinner, and I watched them disappear! You can make ahead and wrap each log in heavy-duty plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. From Christmas with Southern Living 2004, recipe submitted by Charles Flournoy of Dallas, TX. Prep time is cooking time.
Provided by kitty.rock
Yield 2 8-inch cheese logs, 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, blend well. Stir in shredded cheeses. Divide cheese mixture in half, and shape each portion into an 8-inch log.
- Combine pecans and chopped parsley, roll logs in nut mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours (I wrapped in wax paper). Let stand 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with a variety of crackers. Garnish if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.5, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 37.5, Sodium 186, Carbohydrate 1.5, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.4, Protein 7.7
HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG
I got this recipe many years ago from a friend of mine. My family and friends start requesting these just before the holidays. Hope ya'll enjoy these as much as we do...:)
Provided by tarina wyatt
Categories Cheese Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Mix ingredients very well.Also add 1 tablespoon grated onion. I use my hands(best tool in the kitchen). Shape into three seperate logs and roll in the 2 cups of finely chopped pecans. Mixture will be very wet, but once it's rolled in the pecans, it becomes easier to handle. Wrap seperately in plastic wrap and refrigerate, preferably overnight. Serve with any cracker of your choice.
- 2. The men at my husbands workplace requested the logs be made with jalapeno peppers added. This is also very good, but remove the seeds and veins from the jalapenos before adding, unless you want it to be hot and spicy. I have to make a seperate batch for them because this is the way they like it...LOL
HOLIDAY CHEESE LOGS- BACON
- Cook the bacon well,finely grind,and reserve 3 tbs of bacon grease. Grind the crackers and stir 1/2 of them into the reserved bacon grease to lightly brown then add back to the other 1/2. Grate and set aside the colby cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, the fine ground Bacon and with gloved hands mix thoroughly. The cheeses soften during mixing but they will harden back up in the refrigerator. Divide the bowls contents into 4 equal portions, and roll each into a log the diameter of a quarter coin. Roll lightly into the cracker mix and wrap in the wax paper or plastic and refrigerate.
HOLIDAY CHEESE LOGS- BLACKCHERRY WALNUT
- Grate and set aside the colby cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, the cherries and the walnuts and with gloved hands mix thoroughly. The cheeses soften during mixing but they will harden back up in the refrigerator. Divide the bowls contents into 4 even portions. Roll each portion into a log about the size of a quarter in diameter, and roll the log into the ground vanilla wafers. Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours if possible before slicing and serving with or without your favorite crackers.
HOLIDAY CHEESE LOGS
I'VE BEEN MAKIN THESE YESRLY SINCE I WAS A KID...USE MOM'S BASIC RECIPE AND EACH YR ADD MY TWIST TO IT...THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH THIS YR WITH HUBBIES HELP IT IS IN FRIDGE AS I TYPE... PIC TO COME WHEN IT IS SERVED
Provided by Diane Eldridge
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. take cream cheese open sit at room temp til u need it
- 2. put margarine in fry pan melt add both kinds of bell pepper and 1/2 the onion powder...cook and stir bout 10 min til tender put in fridge to cool[u do NOT want them hot when u add to cheese mix...u do not want them to melt cheese]
- 3. stir cream cheese is it soft if not nuke on med power bout 30 sec or til soft then add ham,cheddar cheese,smoke,blue cheese and dried veggies and rest of onion powder ... using hands mix well if dry add sour cream[a little at a time]
- 4. now shape into 2,3,4, logs depends how big u want them[i made 2]wrap in plastic wrap then in foil put in fridge overnight
- 5. jus before servin remove from wraps and roll in nuts[if using,,,i didn't] place logs on nice plate add crackers to plate and serve....ENJOY...
- 6. and MERRIEST CHRISTMAS AND HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS TO ALL... GOD BLESS...dce
More about "holiday cheese logs recipes"
CRANBERRY WALNUT HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, cranberries, walnuts, green onion, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Using the same spoon, roughly form it into a log shape, and place the bowl in the refrigerator. It doesn't have to look perfect at this point. You'll be able to manipulate it when you add the coating.
- Remove the cheese log from the refrigerator, and pick it up with your hands. Place it directly on the plate with the coating, and roll it to coat all sides. Most of the topping will stick immediately, but you can use your hands to press on any that falls off, filling in the bare spots.
3 HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG RECIPES | EASY APPETIZERS - YOUTUBE
Author Catherine's PlatesViews 11K
20 BEST CHEESE BALL AND CHEESE LOG RECIPES | RECIPES ...
THE BEST CHEESE LOG RECIPE - FOOD FUN FAMILY
CHERRY CHEESE LOG RECIPE (CHERRY CHEESE BALL!) - DINNER ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Chop the cherries, rinse them again and dry them with a paper towel until the paper towel is not becoming red every time it touches them (the cherries must be very dry and well rinsed).
- In your stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), beat the cream cheese, sugar, orange zest, and ground ginger until well combined then barely fold in the cherries.
HOLIDAY GOAT CHEESE LOG RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
Servings 14Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Appetizer
- In shallow dish, mix dried cranberries, parsley and chopped rosemary. Roll log in mixture, coating all sides and gently pressing to adhere. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and fresh cranberries. Serve with crackers.
THE BEST HOLIDAY CHEESE BALLS & CHEESE LOGS - HOLIDAY ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
12 CHEESE LOGS IDEAS IN 2021 | CHEESE LOG, APPETIZER ...
12 pins20 followers
HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG WITH PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
AMAZING ITALIAN CHEESE LOG PACKED WITH FLAVOR - LA BELLA ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Total Time 3 hrs
FRUITED HOLIDAY CHEESE LOGS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
A'LIL COUNTRY SUGAR: HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG RECIPE | CHEESE ...
HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG | GRAM'S RECIPE BOX
SYLVIE'S HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG | EPICURE.COM
HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPE # 5464 HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG - YOUTUBE
10 BEST CHEESE LOG CREAM CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY MONTEREY JACK CHEESE LOGS RECIPE - CHEESE.FOOD.COM ...
RECIPE: HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG | COOKING ON THE SIDE
3 HOLIDAY CHEESE LOG RECIPES | EASY APPETIZERS ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions