JAM AND BREAD PUDDING
Well, this is a multi-cultural recipe! It uses Challah bread, making it Jewish, Canadian strawberry jam, and is an English recipe. Go figure! This dessert is also a wonderful breakfast, topped with maple syrup!
Provided by Sharon123
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Butter a 9"x13" glass baking dish. Arrange half of the challah in the dish; tear the slices to fit. Spread 3/4 cup of the jam on top; cover with the remaining challah.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, 2 1/2 cups milk and vanilla and pour over the challah; press to soak and brush with 4 tbls. of the butter. Cover with foil and bake for 24 minutes, removing the foil halfway through, until the pudding is set; remove from the oven.
- Preheat the broiler. Blend the remaining 1 tbls. of milk with the powdered sugar. Add the remaining butter and jam and stir until the glaze is smooth. Spread all but 1/4 cup of the glaze over the pudding and broil until the glaze is golden. Drizzle the bread pudding with the remaining glaze and serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 742.5, Fat 22.8, SaturatedFat 11.5, Cholesterol 220.5, Sodium 484, Carbohydrate 120, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 71.7, Protein 15.1
JAM BREAD PUDDING
- Remove the crust from the loaf of bread and slice into 1/2-inch thick slices. Reserve 5 slices for the top. Cut the remaining bread into cubes.
- In a saucepan, heat the half-and-half, cream, salt, and vanilla bean over medium heat, stirring occasionally to make sure the mixture doesn't burn or stick to the bottom of the pan. When the cream mixture reaches a fast simmer (do not let it boil), turn off the heat. Set aside to infuse for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together. Whisking constantly, gradually add the hot cream mixture. Strain into a large bowl to smooth the mixture and remove the vanilla bean. Take 1/4 of the custard, pour it into a pan with walls, and soak the slices as if for French toast. Pour the remaining custard over the cubes and let soak 30 minutes, gently turning the bread over once. Fill a 2-quart flameproof souffle dish halfway with soaked bread cubes. Spoon a layer of marmalade or jam onto the soaked cubes, then top off with more bread cubes. Spoon another layer of marmalade or jam over the cubes and top with the soaked slices, overlapping them decoratively. If there is any remaining custard, pour it onto the slices to let it soak in. Let soak in the refrigerator another 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the baking dish in a hot water bath. Bake until just set and very light golden brown on top, about 35 to 40 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and place under the broiler 1 to 2 minutes caramelize slightly. Serve warm or chilled.
JAM AND BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish. Arrange half of the brioche along the bottom of the dish, and cut or tear the slices to fit. Spread 3/4 cup of the jam on top and cover with the remaining bread.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, 2 1/2 cups of the milk, and the vanilla together; pour over the bread. Press to soak and brush the top with 4 tablespoons of the melted butter. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 15 minutes longer or until the pudding is set. Remove from the oven.
- Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon of milk with the confectioners' sugar. Stir in the remaining melted butter and jam until the mixture is smooth. Spread the mixture over the top of the pudding, place under the broiler, and broil until the glaze is golden. Serve hot or warm, garnished with fresh strawberries.
YASMEEN'S JAM SANDWICH BREAD PUDDING
I had this lovely flatmate by the name of Yasmeen when I stayed in the beautiful city of Cape Town. We had lots of good times together and she taught me how to make this easy bread pudding. You can adjust it to your taste by adding raisins or nuts or like my version go the whole hog and add chunks of wholenut chocolate. The secret ingredient is nutmeg that really makes this dessert so wicked!
Provided by babettesfeast
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Make jam sandwiches of jam, bread and butter.
- Cut sandwiches in quarters and arrange loosely in deep oven dish.
- If you are using chocolate add chunks in between bread.
- Mix milk, eggs and sugar till blended.
- Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated in oven for 30 to 40 minutes till set right through.
- Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream.
BUTTERED TOAST AND JAM PUDDING
Playful, surprising, and utterly irresistible -- upside-down sweets never fail to wow family and friends. This homey dessert will work with any chunky fruit jam, so try it with your favorite.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Bread Pudding Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Butter bread on one side and arrange in a single layer, buttered side up, on baking sheets. Bake until deep golden, 7 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, butter a 4-by-8-inch loaf pan and spread jam in an even layer on bottom.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees. Cut toast in half and arrange, cut sides up, in pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolk, and sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, cream, vanilla, and salt and heat over medium until just warm; whisk into egg mixture. Slowly pour over toast (being careful not to disturb jam layer); let sit 30 minutes. Bake until toast is deep golden brown and custard is set in middle, 1 hour. (Loosely tent with foil if overbrowning.) Let cool completely on a wire rack, 1 hour. Run a knife around edges before inverting onto a platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420 g, Fat 20 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 11 g
BREAD PUDDING II
My family LOVES bread pudding, and this recipe is one that I have fine tuned to their taste. I have to double this recipe, and bake it in a 9x13 inch pan for my family! It's great for breakfast or dessert and is delicious with milk poured on top! Enjoy!
Provided by ELLENMARIE
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.8 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Cholesterol 70.3 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 139.6 mg, Sugar 19.2 g
BRITISH BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine bread and milk, and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Then stir in egg, butter, raisins, mixed fruit, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well. Press the mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and firm to touch, about 35 minutes. Leave in baking pan to cool, then cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204 calories, Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Cholesterol 31.1 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 174.1 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
More about "jam and bread pudding recipes"
JAM AND BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
4/5 Total Time 30 minsServings 6-8
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Arrange half of the challah in the dish; tear the slices to fit. Spread 3/4 cup of the jam on top; cover with the remaining challah.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, 2 1/2 cups of the milk and the vanilla and pour over the challah; press to soak and brush with 4 tablespoons of the butter. Cover with foil and bake for 24 minutes, removing the foil halfway through, until the pudding is set; remove from the oven.
- Preheat the broiler. Blend the remaining 1 tablespoon of milk with the confectioners' sugar. Add the remaining butter and jam and stir until the glaze is smooth. Spread all but 1/4 cup of the glaze over the pudding and broil until the glaze is golden. Drizzle the bread pudding with the remaining glaze and serve.
APRICOT JAM BREAD PUDDING RECIPE ON FOOD52
BRIOCHE AND JAM PUDDINGS | A FORK AND A PENCIL
BREAD PUDDING WITH RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
18 BAKING RECIPES MADE WITH JAMS AND PRESERVES - BAKE OR BREAK
JAM AND BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
JAM AND BREAD PUDDING – COOKDIARIES
GINGER JAM BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - APRIL J HARRIS
BREAD BUTTER JAM PUDDING | EASY MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH BREAD …
JAM AND BREAD PUDDING : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
HOW TO MAKE QUEEN OF PUDDINGS WITH LEFTOVER BREAD AND JAM
EASY BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING WITH JAM RECIPE - WHAT …
JAM BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
JAM DOUGHNUT BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING - CO-OP
MY GRANDMOTHER’S GINGER-JAM BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
APRICOT JAM BREAD PUDDING | NEW LEAF
NIGELLA LAWSON'S GINGER JAM BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
MY GRANDMOTHER'S GINGER JAM BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
JAM AND BREAD PUDDING - FOOD NETWORK
RECIPE OF QUICK JAM AND BREAD PUDDING - WWW.VERBIERGPS.COM
DONUT & JAM BREAD PUDDING | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING WITH JAM - AMUMMYTOO.CO.UK
BREAD AND JAM PUDDING RECIPE WITH RASPBERRY OR APRICOT JAM
APRICOT JAM BREAD PUDDING - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
BREAD, BUTTER & JAM PUDDING | RHODES FOOD GROUP
RECIPE: JAM AND BREAD PUDDING - HOUZZ.COM
BREAD BUTTER JAM PUDDING | C4COOKING
BAKED BREAD BUTTER JAM MARBLED PUDDING - HILDA'S TOUCH OF SPICE
JAM AND BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GRANDMA'S BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
BEST PB&J BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - DELISH
JAM BREAD PUDDING – RECIPES NETWORK
10 BEST APRICOT JAM PUDDING RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGER JAM BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - NIGELLA.COM
APRICOT JAM BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
NIGELLA LAWSON'S GINGER JAM BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - YOUTUBE
JAM SANDWICH PUDDING (BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING WITH ... - RECIPES …
BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES, BLUEBERRY JAM AND MERINGUE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #desserts #fruit #canadian #french #jewish-ashkenazi #easy #european #english #belgian #dietary #taste-mood #sweet #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love