I got this recipe from a friend, who got it from her aunt, who got it from...who knows? Whatever the original source, it's a tasty favorite that's a cinch to make.-Margaret Adams, North Vernon, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in next nine ingredients. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. , Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 108mg cholesterol, Sodium 1256mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it had been in my recipe box for quite awhile and I finally decided to try it. The original recipe makes 10 to 12 servings, so I kind of eyeballed the ingredients and measured to my liking for approximately 6 servings. I love mushrooms, so next time I make this I'll add another package. I added 2 tbsp of brown sugar because I like a slightly sweet tomato sauce. Feel free to omit it if you like your tomato sauce as is.
Provided by bernrome
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Cook and crumble ground beef in pot over moderate high heat until no longer pink. Drain most of the grease, leaving a couple of tablespoons behind in the pot. Add salt & onions and fry until limp, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and fry for about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce & brown sugar. Remove from heat and mix in 1 cup of cheese to beef. Add macaroni tossing gently but thoroughly.
- Transfer to 13X-9X-2X-inch baking dish. Scatter remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, until brown and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
BEEF AND NOODLE CASSEROLE/JOHNNY MOSETTI/"FROJOS"
A cousin of the Johnny Marsetti recipes as my family has made it for, well, as long as I can remember! Freezes well, makes plenty and everyone loves it, it's my most requested potluck contribution. The green olives really make the dish special, in my opinion. We double those as my entire family loves the salty contrast of the olives on top of the cheese. We also add extra cheese. Prep time is the longest it's taken me to make this in the past using a knife and hand chopping/shredding everything. Using a food processor will cut your time, I just find them a constant source of frustration and therefore use a knife and hand grater.
Provided by Morgorond
Yield 1-2 casseroles, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring large pot of water to boil and cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, brown the ground beef with the diced onion, celery and bell pepper until beef is cooked through and vegetables are softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Mix together beef mixture, noodles, tomato sauce, and tomato soup and place in large, rectangular baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar and sliced green olives.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
- Special Note: I often bake this in two 9x9 pans and then freeze one for later use if I am making this for myself. To use frozen casserole simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bake at 350, uncovered, to heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 447.7, Fat 23.1, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 103.1, Sodium 793.5, Carbohydrate 34.8, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 4.7, Protein 25.3
JOHNNY MARZETTI CASSEROLE
- Brown meat; add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until tender and add seasonings.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine soup, tomato paste, water and worcestershire sauce.
- Set aside.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Place half of the noodles in a greased casserole, then half of the meat mixture, half of the sauce, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat, ending with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for one hour.
JOHNNY MAZETTI (PANAMA)
- FOR THE HOMEMADE ARTURO SAUCE:.
- Mix all ingredients together and saute` on low until bubbles begin. Yield is about 1 cup good for a recipe calling for 8 oz can.
- FOR THE CASSEROLE:.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, drain, then put in large pot, add chopped peppers, onions, celery, olives and mushrooms. Then add the seasoning and garlic powder to the pot. Mix those ingredients well. Add sauces and tomato paste then mix again. Cook over medium low heat for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- In another pot, cook noodles -- when done, add them to the mixture and stir very well. Place mixture in long oblong pan in layers. On each layer, place shredded cheese but leave enough for the top.
- Place about 4 teaspoons of butter on the top with remaining cheese, and bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes or until the cheese melts and it is a golden brown. Serve and enjoy. Leftovers freeze well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.4, Fat 19.3, SaturatedFat 10.9, Cholesterol 94.7, Sodium 1171.9, Carbohydrate 46.5, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 9.3, Protein 23.6
JOHNNY MARZETTI CASSEROLE
Kids love this buffet-ready casserole dish. My mother-in-law used to make a simpler version of this for my husband when he was growing up. This version pushes the flavor profile a bit. I prefer to have this dish sit overnight before baking as the flavors improve and the pasta absorbs some of the sauce so the consistency is just right.
Provided by KC
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just al dente, 6 to 8 minutes; drain. Run cold water over the pasta to stop pasta from cooking further. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef and sausage until completely browned and crumbled, 7 to 10 minutes. Mix in the onion, celery, garlic, and pepper; continue to cook and stir another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Allow to cool five minutes.
- Lightly grease a large casserole dish. Spread the pasta over the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the Italian cheese blend over the pasta. Pour the meat mixture over the pasta and cheese. Cover dish with heavy aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes; remove foil and sprinkle Cheddar cheese evenly over the casserole. Continue baking until Cheddar cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 648.3 calories, Carbohydrate 39.7 g, Cholesterol 120.1 mg, Fat 36.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 40.2 g, SaturatedFat 18.7 g, Sodium 1331.6 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
More about "jim mosetti recipes"
13 OF STEVE FLINTOFF'S PRO JYM RECIPES - JIM STOPPANI
JIM JUM HOT POT RECIPE - HOTFROMMYOVEN.COM
JIM BEAM RECIPES FOOD | DEPORECIPE.CO
ASTRAY RECIPES: JIM'S MARZETTI
JOHNNY MOSSETTI - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
JOHNNY MOSETTI - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
JOHNNY MARZETTI RECIPE | NEIGHBORFOOD
JOHN MOSETTI - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MUSCLE MEALS - JIM STOPPANI
FAST AND EASY HIGH PROTEIN RECIPES ON JIMSTOPPANI.COM
BETTY B'S JOHNNY MOSETTI - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
| JIM BEAM® SINCE 1795
JIM MORETTI ON LINKEDIN: EVERY SINGLE SUMMER SALAD RECIPE YOU'LL …
RECIPES - JIM BEAM SAUCES
JIM DANDY GRITS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MOSETTI - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
JIM S MARZETTI RECIPE
JIM'S SPAGHETTI HOUSE SPAGHETTI SAUCE COPYCAT RECIPE
17 JIM LAHEY RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, JIM LAHEY, FOOD
RECIPE JIM MOSETTI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, ONION, MUSHROOMS, KLUSKI ...
JIM'S RECIPE, ILOILO CITY - RESTAURANT REVIEWS & PHOTOS - TRIPADVISOR
180 JIM RECIPES IDEAS | FOOD, BAKING, YUMMY FOOD
JOHNNY MARZETTI CASSEROLE - THE FARMWIFE COOKS
SMAC RECIPE BY JIM COLLINS AND MORTEN HANSEN - TOOLSHERO
WORLD BEST RICE RECIPES: JIM MOSETTI
You'll also love