KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES
This is one of my kids' favorite recipes! I could make this five times in a row and they'd never get tired of it. It's easy to make and a real quick, hot meal for those busy nights. I will add cheese on top of the sandwiches or warm the rolls in the oven. I occasionally add mild banana peppers on top for my husband since he is a fan of spicy things.
Provided by Sheila Ruth
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Return skillet to heat.
- Stir ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard into the beef mixture; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is thick, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Cholesterol 45.9 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 539.7 mg, Sugar 14.3 g
KIDS CAN MAKE: SLOPPY JOE SLIDERS
This is the perfect sloppy joe for little hands but with a flavor both kids and adults will love. For little kids: Let them measure out the vegetables. For big kids: Help them stir the meat and assemble the sliders.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 sliders or 12 mini dinner roll sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, and cook, stirring frequently, until the beef begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt, and continue cooking until the meat is cooked through, 2 minutes more. Drain off any excess liquid, and add back 2 tablespoons of it. Reduce the heat to low, stir in the ketchup, sugar, vinegar and 1/2 cup water and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the carrots and corn, and cook, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender and heated through, 5 minutes.
- Scoop some sauce onto 1 half of each slider bun, top with a handful of shredded cabbage and a pickle chip and serve.
FAMILY-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES
My grandma gave this recipe to me years ago, but I made a few changes to give this yummy supper more pizzazz. -Jill Zosel, Seattle, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain if necessary. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in sugar, flour and pepper until blended., Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms; replace tops. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 846mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FAMILY-PLEASING SLOPPY JOE SANDWICHES
My grandchildren love these sandwiches. I like the recipe because it can be made ahead of time and keeps well in a slow cooker. I've found that it freezes well, too. -Patricia Ringle, Edgar, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, chili powder and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 35-40 minutes. , Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 1016mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
KIDS' FAVORITE SLOPPY JOES
This is a super-simple, sweet'n tangy, kid-friendly sloppy joe recipe. Kids who don't like sloppy joes, like these.
Provided by Soeur Souris
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Brown the hamburger and onion together.
- Pour off fat.
- Add other ingredients and heat through.
- The longer it simmers, the better it tastes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.6, Fat 17.8, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 101.5, Sodium 1651.5, Carbohydrate 22.2, Fiber 1, Sugar 17.9, Protein 33
FAMILY PLEASING SLOPPY JOES
- Brown beef and onion over medium heat. Drain.
- Add ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, salt mustard, chili powder and allspice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes until heated through.
- Spoon onto buns. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416.6, Fat 19.1, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 847.2, Carbohydrate 34.5, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 13.7, Protein 26.1
More about "kid pleasing sloppy joes recipes"
THE VERY BEST SLOPPY JOE RECIPE (TOP RATED!!!) • …
SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
SUPER SLOPPY JOES WITH VEGETABLES - BREN DID
EASY SLOPPY JOE BISCUIT ROUNDS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
10 FAMILY-FRIENDLY SLOPPY JOE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
AWARD WINNING SLOPPY JOES (IN 20 MINUTES!) - DINNER, …
60 EASY, AWESOME KID-FRIENDLY DINNER IDEAS - THE …
SLOPPY JOES #RECIPE ~ A KID PLEASING MEAL - MOMMY MOMENT
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES - SLOPPY JOE RECIPES
KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES THE BEST RECIPES
DELICIOUS PRESSURE COOKER SLOPPY JOES - SKIP TO MY LOU
KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES - REVIEW BY KITTYBEAN
SLOPPY JOSES RECIPE - FOOD CHANNEL
KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOE RECIPE | EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEA
10 KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOE RECIPES THAT ADULTS WILL LIKE, TOO
HEALTHY TURKEY SLOPPY JOES (QUICK AND EASY) - MJ AND HUNGRYMAN
SLOPPY JOES NACHOS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SLOPPY JOE RECIPE KID FRIENDLY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES SCHOOL NIGHT DINNER - LANA'S COOKING
EASY HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
KID-FRIENDLY SKILLET SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE (GF, DF, EGG, PEANUT, TREE ...
PIN ON GREAT FOOD!
5 KID-FRIENDLY SLOW COOKER MEALS: TORTELLINI, SLIDERS, SLOPPY JOES AND …
55+ EASY DINNER IDEAS FOR KIDS - BEST KID-FRIENDLY RECIPES - KITCHN
SLOW COOKER SLOPPY JOES - SPARKLES TO SPRINKLES
KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES | RECIPESTY
SLOPPY JOE| VINTAGE RECIPE | GG ARCHIVES
SLOPPY JOES #RECIPE ~ A KID PLEASING MEAL | GLUTEN FREE MEAL PLAN ...
LUSCIOUS LENTIL SLOPPY JOES- VEGAN, OIL-FREE, EASY - THE PLANT KIDS
KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SLOPPY JOE RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD - FOOD NETWORK
KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES | RECIPE | SLOPPY JOES, RECIPES, DINNER …
EASY CROCKPOT SLOPPY JOE RECIPES - BEST OF CROCK
35+ EASY AND DELICIOUS SLOPPY JOE RECIPES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
EASY SLOPPY JOE RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
20+ FAMILY-FRIENDLY IDEAS TO SERVE WITH SLOPPY JOES
VEGAN LENTIL SLOPPY JOE RECIPE - PLANTPASSIONATE.COM
SLOPPY JOE RECIPE - 20 MINUTES & KID APPROVED!
Easy Kid-Friendly Vegetarian Sloppy Joe Recipe: Tasty and Nutritious63 views-07:26
Love & Best Dishes: Savannah Sloppy Joes Recipe | Ground Beef Recipes75K views-11:53
BBF Kid-Friendly Recipe 3: Scrumptious Sloppy Joe Sandwich1.6K views-01:58
Try these savory sloppy joes for an easy dinner - New Day NW251 views-05:05
How To Make Easy Homemade One-Pan Sloppy Joe Sliders That Even Kids Love To Eat | Romper811 views-01:21
Grammy's Famous Sloppy Joes / Father's Day Recipes / Kids Cooking with Zoe1.3K views-04:42
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sloppy joes?How to make sloppy Joes: 1 Brown the beef. Start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet. ... 2 Add remaining ingredients. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, and allow everything to simmer together for 30 minutes. ... 3 Serve. After letting the sloppy joe mixture simmer, serve it warm on a toasted hamburger bun!
Why do kids love sloppy joes?Plus it wins the most important contest of all, the kid contest. Kids LOVE this recipe because it is the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. You will not see a single kid refuse these sloppy joes.
What kind of sauce do you put on Sloppy Joes?Most often, the tangy ground beef concoction that we know as sloppy joes has tomato sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. You might find tomato paste, red wine vinegar, bbq sauce, onion, or soy sauce. What are the best buns for sloppy joes? We usually buy our buns and get whatever is on sale, but I really like the King’s Hawaiian buns.
How long do you let sloppy joes simmer?This Sloppy Joe recipe is flexible and turns out tasty whether you need to make it in a flash or you have extra time to allow it to simmer. At a minimum, you should let the mixture simmer long enough to heat through once you've stirred the sauce into the meat. I'd recommend 10 minutes of simmering, if possible.