SHEET-PAN GOCHUJANG CHICKEN AND ROASTED VEGETABLES
Gochujang, a Korean fermented chile paste, enlivens a straightforward dinner of roast chicken and vegetables with a salty, spicy and umami-rich layer of flavor. Freshly grated ginger, sliced scallions and quick-pickled radishes elevate the flavor even further. This recipe calls for a wintry mix of squash and turnips, but equal amounts of root vegetables like carrots, potatoes and beets, or lighter vegetables like cauliflower, brussels sprouts or broccoli will work well too.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine the gochujang, soy sauce, ginger and 3 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl or resealable bag. Add the squash, turnips and scallion whites, toss to coat with glaze, or seal bag and shake to coat. Lightly season with salt and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Season the chicken with salt and toss to coat in whatever is left of the glaze in the bowl or bag. Arrange the chicken pieces skin-side up between the vegetables on the sheet.
- Roast until vegetables are tender, chicken is cooked through and the skin crispy and browned in spots, about 40 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, thinly slice the scallion greens. Using a sharp knife or a mandoline, cut the radishes into thin rounds. In a small bowl, toss the sliced scallion greens and radishes with the rice vinegar and sesame oil, if using. Season to taste with salt and set aside to lightly pickle.
- Top the roast chicken and vegetables with the quick-pickled scallion-radish mix and transfer to serving plates. Serve with steamed rice, if desired.
KOREAN GRILLED CHICKEN
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk together the soy, vinegar, honey, chili paste, ginger and garlic in a bowl and divide the mixture in half. Add 1 half to a large baking dish, then add the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and let the meat marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours. Add the green onions, sesame oil, black pepper and sesame seeds to the remaining half of the mixture. Reserve it as a dipping sauce for the finished chicken.
- Light a grill, making sure to include a zone of indirect heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and put it over the charcoal, skin side down. Grill until the skin is golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Relocate the chicken to the indirect heat zone, lower the cover and grill until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the grill to a cutting board and carve. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and serve wrapped in tortillas, if desired, with dipping sauce on the side.
KOREAN PAN GRILLED CHICKEN
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, spring onions, sesame seeds, black pepper, sesame oil and dry sherry in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut the chicken breasts at an angle crossways to get wide 1/8" thick slices.
- Use a meat pounder to flatten the slices a little more.
- Put in a flat layer on the bottom of a shallow bowl.
- Cover the pieces with some of the sauce.
- Do all the chicken pieces in this way and set aside for at least an hour.
- When ready to eat heat oil in a wide non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
- When the oil is hot put in the chicken in a single layer, laying them out flat.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Cook for about a minute on each side until lightly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Put the mushrooms and chillies into the frying pan and pour over the marinade.
- Stir and cook for one minute.
- Pour over the chicken and serve immediately with rice or noodles.
More about "korean pan grilled chicken recipes"
SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN - KOREAN BAPSANG
4.3/5 (43)Servings 4Cuisine Asian, KoreanCategory Main
- Rinse chicken pieces. Drain. Trim off excess fat. Cut each chicken thigh in half crosswise. Cut open any thick parts.
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill over medium high heat. When hot, add the chicken pieces. Cook until cooked through and slightly caramelized, about 4 to 6 minutes each side. Reduce the heat if the chicken starts to burn. You can also cook the chicken indoor on a grill pan or in a skillet.
EASY KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE -FAST EASY DINNER RECIPE ...
Ratings 23Calories 393 per servingCategory Main Course
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl: soy sauce, ketchup, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, ginger powder, rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar and sriracha. Whisk to mix together.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet (preferably non-stick) over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook 4 minutes, until white on the outside. The chicken should not be fully cooked at this point.TIP: allow the chicken to sit for about 20 seconds before stirring to cook on another side (vs stirring constantly).
KOREAN GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS - SKINNYTASTE
4.9/5 (63)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Dinner, LunchCalories 180 per serving
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using and sesame seeds. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade and transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill. Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN THIGHS IN GOCHUJANG SAUCE
4.6/5 (7)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 327 per serving
- Mix together all the ingredients under marinade. Be careful not to add additional salt without tasting because both soy sauce and gochujang have salt in them.
- Add chicken and toss to coat the chicken. Marinate for at least two hours or overnight. If refrigerating overnight, take the chicken out half an hour before cooking to bring it to room temperature.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and add chicken thighs and all the marinade to it. Sear on high flame for 2-3 minutes on either side. Reduce the flame to low, add half a cup of water and cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes till the chicken is cooked through. Turn the chicken once halfway. Add more water if you'd like more sauce and simmer.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, top with sesame seeds, chopped green onions and serve immediately.
TRAEGER KOREAN GRILLED CHICKEN LEGS - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
4.8/5 (8)Total Time 50 minsCategory Traeger RecipesCalories 807 per serving
GOCHUJANG CHICKEN - SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN BULGOGI
4.7/5 (11)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main Dish RecipesCalories 387 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic, soy sauce, gochujang, honey, and sesame oil and stir to mix well.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade if desired. Add the chicken and cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
RECIPE: SPICY KOREAN GRILLED CHICKEN | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
KOREAN SPICY CHICKEN WITH GOCHUJANG (OVEN BAKED) - KIMCHIMARI
4.5/5 (39)Total Time 29 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 324 per serving
SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN (GRILL, STOVETOP OR OVEN INSTRUCTIONS)
Reviews 28Servings 6-8Cuisine AsianCategory Main Course
HOW TO GRILL CHICKEN ON STOVE-TOP (EASY GRILL PAN METHOD ...
4.9/5 (26)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 20 mins
SHEET PAN SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN RECIPE (STEP BY STEP ...
4.2/5 (20)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 274 per serving
SPICY BBQ CHICKEN DRUMETTES (MAEUN-DAKBONGGUI) RECIPE BY ...
Category Main Dish
KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN LEG - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CHICKEN BULGOGI: HOW TO MAKE THE BEST KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN
KOREAN PAN GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PAN GRILLED CHICKEN I GRILLED CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE I PASTA ...
KOREAN CHICKEN NOODLES RECIPE : GET COOKING INGREDIENTS ...
KOREAN GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
KOREAN PAN GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE OVEN : VIEW RECIPE VIDEOS ...
KOREAN GROUND CHICKEN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
KOREAN CHICKEN WINGS WITH STICKY HONEY GOCHUJANG BBQ SAUCE ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #poultry #vegetables #asian #korean #chicken #stove-top #dietary #mushrooms #meat #onions #peppers #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make spicy Korean grilled chicken?Spicy Korean Grilled Chicken. Combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, gochujang, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Place the chicken in a large zip-top bag and pour the marinade in, making sure all of the chicken is covered.
How to make gochujang chicken on the grill?In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic, soy sauce, gochujang, honey, and sesame oil and stir to mix well. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade if desired.
How long does it take to cook Korean BBQ chicken?Korean BBQ Chicken is a fast and fabulous dinner recipe packed with big flavors of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sriracha and more! It’s lightly spicy and cooks in less than 15 minutes !!
What's the best temperature to grill Korean chicken?Just keep in mind that due to the honey in the marinade, the Korean Chicken can char quickly, so make sure you grease the grill extremely well and only use thinly pounded pieces of chicken so they can cook through before the outside of the chicken burns. Generously grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.