LAUREL'S POTATO SOUP
Rich, creamy and addictive low-fat, low-sodium potato soup. I was trying to recreate the soup from the deli without its punishing 28 grams of fat and way too much sodium. This soup is named after my daughter, who requested it :-)
Provided by summerbabies
Yield 4 quarts, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large pot, bring potatoes, celery and onion to a boil in 2 cups of broth. Cook until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. (I nuked the diced potatoes for six minutes before putting them in the pot.) Drain and reserve liquid.
- . Saute ham in separate pan, if using. Add mushrooms after ham has started to crisp.
- Combine reserved broth and half-and-half in pot. In a bowl, combine melted butter and flour. (I melted the butter in a measuring cup and added an equal amount of flour.) Stir into half-and-half mixture over medium heat. Stir until thickened. Stir in reserved vegetables, ham & mushrooms (drain if watery), corn, remaining broth, Instant Chicken, parmesan, whipped cream cheese, and pepper. Heat through and serve.
- Don't be afraid to play around with the ingredients and add more or less to taste. The cream cheese is sweet, so the parmesan & dry mustard balance it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352.4, Fat 17.2, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 20.6, Sodium 300.2, Carbohydrate 40.7, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 9.1, Protein 12.6
BEST EVER POTATO SOUP
You'll be surprised at the taste of this rich and cheesy easy potato soup. It really is the best potato soup recipe, ever. I came up with it after enjoying baked potato soup at one of our favorite restaurants. I added bacon, and we think that makes it even better. -Coleen Morrissey, Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally; drain drippings. Add vegetables, seasonings and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes., Mix flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. If desired, serve with green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Fat 13g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 35mg cholesterol, Sodium 823mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
RUTH'S RED LENTIL AND POTATO SOUP
I made up this recipe one chilly weeknight to stave off a cold. I was surprised at how delicious the soup was! The file powder makes it nice and thick, but it may be left out. A warm loaf of sourdough bread is all you need to complete your meal!
Provided by RUTH GOOCH
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and celery. Cook until tender. Mix in the potatoes, carrot, and garlic. Continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes, until the potatoes are well coated with butter. Season the mixture with allspice, cumin, cayenne pepper, cloves, and pepper.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, and mix in the lentils. Add water, increasing the amount as necessary to cover all ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and stir in the kale. Cook, stirring occasionally, 35 to 45 minutes, until the lentils are tender. Mix in the cilantro and file powder. Continue cooking about 5 minutes, or to desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 171.9 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE BY TASTY
Buttery, creamy, and made oh-so fragrant with the help of thyme and chives, this potato leek soup is the perfect companion to any cold weather dinner. Serve with a bit of hot sauce for an extra kick and a sprinkling of croutons for added crunch.
Provided by Merle O'Neal
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt butter on medium heat in a large pot. Add the chopped leeks and stir until coated with butter.
- Cover the pot and lower heat, cook for around 10 minutes until the leeks have softened.
- Increase to medium-high. Add garlic, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, then add vegetable broth, water, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover pot with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and easily speared by a fork.
- Uncover and remove thyme and bay leaf.
- Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Stir in chives and hot sauce (optional).
- Allow to cool 2 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 751 calories, Carbohydrate 67 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 14 grams
COPYCAT LONGHORN STEAKHOUSE LOADED POTATO SOUP
- 1. Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a 3 quart sauce pan. 2. Stir in flour and cook until flour has blended with butter. 3. Add chicken broth and stir constantly until mixture starts to thicken. 4. Add in milk and heat until it starts to simmer, stirring the whole time. 5. Stir in shredded cheese until smooth. 6. Add in potato flakes. 7. Add in LOTS of salt and pepper to taste - it really depends on taste, but I used 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper. Start with a little and go up as you need! 8. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth, or pour in batches into a blender. 9. At this point, bring your soup to a light boil and add in your diced potatoes. 10. Stir constantly but allow potatoes to cook until they are al dente. You want to make sure you keep stirring so the soup doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. 11. Alternatively, you can boil the diced potatoes in a separate pot until al dente and add to soup right before serving. 12. Serve soup immediately with cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Carbohydrate 17 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 61 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 21 grams fat, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 14 grams protein, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 708 grams sodium, Sugar 1 grams sugar, TransFat 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams unsaturated fat
When we moved to Georgia in 1973, our real estate agent, Laurel, worked hard trying to get our family into a house that was owned by a builder. We received a great price on it because the builder was bitter from a recent divorce.(He realized that she would be awarded half of the profit!) My parents got the house for a song. Laurel made this recipe for our family when the deal was closed. I make it for baby showers, church functions, and funerals. Everyone loves this recipe! Makes 2 pans of lasagna and freezes very well.
Provided by MARBALET
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a large stock pot, cook the ground beef, ground pork, and chopped onions until browned. Drain grease well.
- Using the same stock pot, stir in the chopped mushrooms, whole tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano flakes, garlic cloves, bay leaves, dried basil, parsley flakes, salt and pepper to taste, and sugar. Simmer over low heat for one hour.
- In a large pot, cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with cool water, and drain well.
- In a separate bowl, combine cottage or ricotta cheese, eggs, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Mix grated Colby and mozzarella cheeses together in a medium bowl.
- In each 13x9 inch casserole dish layer 1/2 cup meat sauce, then noodles, Parmesan-egg mixture, and grated Colby-mozzarella cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for one hour and 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 114.8 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 29.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 485.8 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
More about "laurels potato soup recipes"
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP - DAMN DELICIOUS
BAKED POTATO SOUP - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
RECIPES WITH LAUREL • ITALIANS COOK IT BETTER
LAURELS KITCHEN POTATO SOUP RECIPES - RECIPEBRIDGE
LOADED POTATO SOUP | NO PEELING, BAKING OR DRAINING!
RECIPE: GOLDEN NOODLE SOUP WITH GOLDEN BROTH (LAUREL'S KITCHEN, …
POTATO SOUP RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
LOADED POTATO SOUP RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
WINTER KALE & POTATO SOUP (ADAPTED FROM LAUREL'S KITCHEN)
HOW TO MAKE POTATO SOUP RECIPES - CHESTOFBOOKS.COM
POTATO SOUP - LAUREL BLOGGER RECIPE
WORLD BEST CANOLA OIL RECIPES: LAUREL'S POTATO SOUP
HOW TO MAKE POTATO SOUP - PILLSBURY.COM
LOADED POTATO SOUP - SWANSON - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
POTATO SOUP RECIPE 3 WAYS FROM RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
LOADED POTATO SOUP - BUDGET BYTES
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP - LAUREN'S LATEST
10 EASY POTATO SOUP CROCK POT IDEAS IN 2022 - PINTEREST
10 BEST POTATO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
FLGBTQC RECIPES: POTATO CHEESE SOUP
CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP - CULINARY HILL
RECIPES — LAUREL FOODS
CROCKPOT POTATO SOUP - LAUREL BLOGGER RECIPE
【LAUREL SWEET POTATO SOUP ROUND】-LOVE FOOD
EASY LENTIL POTATO SOUP RECIPE - COOKING LSL
CREAMY POTATO SOUP - SWANSON - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
POTATO SOUP - SIMPLE & INSPIRING EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES
10 BEST PAULA DEEN POTATO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
LAUREL S POTATO SOUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LAUREL'S LENTIL SOUP — ERIN PAREKH | HOLISTIC NUTRITION
THE BEST POTATO SOUP! | GIMME SOME OVEN
22 LAUREL'S RECIPE IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
LOADED POTATO SOUP RECIPE - LAURA VITALE - YOUTUBE
THE BEST POTATO SOUP RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
You'll also love