ONE-POT LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a heavy, oven-safe skillet over high heat. Cook chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken breasts from skillet and set aside. Add onion and ground beef to the skillet; cook until onions are starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with cinnamon, allspice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir rice into the skillet until fully coated with oil and spices. Place chicken breasts on top of the rice and pour in broth. Cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until rice has absorbed all liquid, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 680.2 calories, Carbohydrate 61.1 g, Cholesterol 121.2 mg, Fat 27.1 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 44 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 1420.8 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
LEBANESE CHICKEN WITH RICE
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a pan.
- Sauté the chicken on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and ground beef to the same hot pan.
- Cook until the onions and meat is beginning to brown, then add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add the cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper (or chilli flakes) and salt; sauté two minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the rice making sure that it is fully covered with the oil and spices, place the chicken in the rice.
- Add the pine nuts.
- Pour in the stock or water and cover. Cook slowly for about half an hour. Stir occasionally and as you do so allow the chicken to break up. You may need to add extra hot water if the rice gets a little dry.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with minced parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 646, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 108.3, Sodium 552.4, Carbohydrate 63.7, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 2.7, Protein 33.8
Made with shredded chicken, tender basmati rice, and smoky-sweet, caramelized onions and peppers, this chicken Rice-A-Roni® was inspired by a Lebanese rice and vermicelli pilaf. Garnish with fresh herbs, lemon juice, chili flakes, hot sauce, or even garlic-infused yogurt!
Provided by Chef John
Categories Rice Main Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Place chicken, celery, carrot, onion, and bay leaf in a stockpot and cover with water. Set over high heat, add salt, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the thighs and legs can be pulled easily from the carcass, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a bowl, carefully tipping the carcass to drain any broth from the cavity back into the stockpot.
- Let meat sit until it's cool enough to handle, 15 to 20 minutes. Separate skin, bones, and meat. Set aside 2 cups shredded meat (white, dark, or a combination of the two) for rice-a-roni and reserve the rest for another use.
- Transfer skin and bones back to the stockpot with the broth and simmer for 1 to 2 hours or until you need it. Strain.
- Combine oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot and melted, add onion, bell pepper, and salt. Cook and stir until onion just starts to turn translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add broken spaghetti and cook until toasted and light golden brown to dark brown in color, about 3 minutes; it's okay if the onions and peppers start to caramelize.
- Add rice and stir until completely coated. Add pepper, oregano, cumin, and saffron. Stir in 3 ½ cups chicken broth. Add cayenne, garbanzo beans, peas, and shredded chicken and return to a simmer.
- Cover tightly with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes; do not lift the lid or stir during this time.
- Remove the lid and check the rice in a couple spots. It should be just barely tender. (If it seems undercooked, you can cover and cook for a few more minutes.) Replace the lid, turn off the heat, and let rice sit for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley and cilantro over top and stir to combine. Check for seasoning and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1380.8 calories, Carbohydrate 88.8 g, Cholesterol 313.2 mg, Fat 74.2 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 85.6 g, SaturatedFat 22.1 g, Sodium 2867.7 mg
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE (DJAJ MAH RUZ)
Back in my college days, I had (and still have) a Lebanese friend, whose mother would often invite me to dinner with their family. This dish was one of my favorites, and it took me a long time to find this recipe. This is just about as good as I remember.
Provided by Alan in SW Florida
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- STEP A: Set oven to 450 degrees F. Clean chicken and rub all over with remaining ingredients in Step A. Place in a roasting pan with a 1/2 cup water. Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- STEP B: While chicken is cooking, prepare stuffing on top of stove. In a saucepan, saute butter and meat until meat is brown. Add the washed and drained rice, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Saute for 1 minute; add the water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- STEP C: While rice is cooking, saute nuts in butter until golden brown. Add the raisins, if desired, and saute for 1 minute.
- TO SERVE: De-bone chicken; set aside. Place rice stuffing on a large platter. Arrange chicken meat pieces over top of rice. Sprinkle nuts and raisins over the chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 680, Fat 49.8, SaturatedFat 22.3, Cholesterol 129.7, Sodium 1371.6, Carbohydrate 40.4, Fiber 2, Sugar 0.7, Protein 18.9
More about "lebanese chicken with rice recipes"
LEBANESE RICE WITH CHICKEN - SIMPLY LEBANESE
4.6/5 (35)Category Appetizer, Main Course, Side DishCuisine LebaneseTotal Time 1 hr 45 mins
- Begin by preparing your chicken. Remove the neck and giblets and pat the chicken dry with paper towels. In a large stockpot, place the whole chicken and pour enough water to cover it completely. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken comes to a boil, skim any fat that rises to the top. Peel and cut the small onion in half and place in the pot along with the bay leaves and cloves. Cover halfway and let simmer on medium-high heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Remove the cooked chicken and set aside to cool. Once it has cooled enough to handle, shred the breasts into course chunks.
- Place the cooked chicken legs and wings on a baking pan and broil until golden brown and crispy on top. (This step is optional, you can shred these parts of the chicken with the breast if you prefer.)
BEST LEBANESE CHICKEN & RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
Reviews 24Servings 4-6Cuisine LebaneseCategory Entree
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE | MAGGIE BEER
LEBANESE RICE - FEELGOODFOODIE
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE (RIZ ALA’ DAJAJ) RECIPE : SBS …
LEBANESE CHICKEN WITH 7-SPICE | FEASTING AT HOME
EASY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
LEBANESE HUSHWEE RICE WITH CHICKEN - THE LEMON BOWL®
LEBANESE CINNAMON CHICKEN RICE - SOMETHING NEW …
10 BEST LEBANESE CHICKEN GARLIC RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE - THE SALT AND SWEET KITCHEN
Reviews 7Category EntréesCuisine LebaneseTotal Time 50 mins
- Begin by washing your chicken legs and thighs, then place in a large pot over medium high heat and add enough water to cover the chicken completely.
- Cover the pot, reduce heat to medium low and let simmer on, until the chicken is fork tender and cooked through. This will take about 30-40 minutes.
CHICKEN AND RICE (LEBANESE STYLE) - DINNER AT GRANS
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE WITH SEVEN-SPICE SEASONING
LEBANESE RICE AND CHICKEN - RECIPE - MARCHé ADONIS
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE | ALLCOOKINGRECIPES.TOP
HOW TO MAKE LEBANESE CHICKEN WITH RICE - YOUTUBE
MIDDLE-EASTERN INSPIRED CHICKEN AND RICE | CANADIAN GOODNESS
TOP 41 LEBANESE DINNER RECIPES
RIZ A DJEJ LEBANESE RICE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE - DOBBERNATIONLOVES
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE - EVERY LITTLE CRUMB
LEBANESE RICE AND CHICKEN AKA RIZ 3A DJEJ – MRS CLUELESS
LEBANESE CHICKEN RECIPE BY ZAATAR AND ZAYTOUN - LEBANESE RECIPES
LEBANESE CHICKEN RECIPE WITH RICE AND VEGGIES - LIFE SEW SAVORY
LEBANESE SPICED CHICKEN AND RICE REBELS RECIPE - REBELS IN THE …
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE (RIZ A DJEJ) - THE MATBAKH
LEBANESE CHICKEN RICE BOWL WITH GARLIC AIOLI - SPRINKLE OF SESAME
LEBANESE CHICKEN WITH RICE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEBANESE CHICKEN FATTEH DINNER BOWLS - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE - CAROLINE'S COOKING
10 AUTHENTIC LEBANESE CHICKEN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
25 AUTHENTIC LEBANESE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SYN FREE LEBANESE CHICKEN WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND RICE
ROAST CHICKENS WITH LEBANESE RICE AND POMEGRANATE JUS RECIPE
ARABIC CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LEBANESE CHICKEN WITH RICE | THAILAND 1 DOLLAR MEALS
LEBANESE MOLOKHIA WITH CHICKEN (MULUKHIYAH/MLOUKHIEH
RIZ A DJEJ LEBANESE RICE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE | RECIPE IN 2022 ...
RIZ ALA' DAJAJ (CHICKEN AND RICE) - EVA'S LEBANESE COOKING BLOG
TRADITIONAL LEBANESE RICE WITH VERMICELLI - CHEF TARIQ
LEBANESE CHICKEN AND RICE (RIZ A DJEJ) – JOELLE BARAKE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #rice #easy #one-dish-meal #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice
You'll also love