We're calling it: This citrusy spin on timeless shortbread is a new classic! With the buttery dough and double dose of lemon-there's zest in the dough and lemon juice in the icing-these lemon meltaways really live up to their name. And just like classic shortbread, they're made with a short ingredient list. So don't be deceived by their impressive looks, these cookies are totally doable. One tip though, don't skip tossing them in powdered sugar for the second time-doing so adds to their magical, melt-in-your-mouth tenderness. Give them a try and let us know if you think they're worthy of a permanent spot in your recipe box.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and the lemon zest with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Stir in flour until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten each ball to 1 1/2-inch circle (cookie does not spread).
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are set but not brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. In small bowl, place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Roll each warm cookie in powdered sugar, and place on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Roll cookies again in powdered sugar to coat.
- In small bowl, beat 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice with spoon until smooth. If too stiff to drizzle, add additional lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time. Spoon into resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut small tip from corner of bag; pipe over tops of cookies. Let stand about 1 hour or until icing is set. Store covered in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 40 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
These frosted lemon cookies are a delicious refrigerator cookie, and they are quick and easy to make.
Provided by Susan Lewis
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Lemon Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium bowl, cream together 3/4 cup butter and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Combine the flour and corn starch, and blend into the lemon mixture to form a soft dough. Divide dough in half, roll each half into a log about 8 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut each roll into 1/4 inch slices and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes, or until set. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a small bowl, blend together 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon lemon zest with an electric mixer until smooth. Frost cookies and allow to dry before serving or storing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.5 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 27.5 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
Both the cookie and the frosting are spiked with lemon in these melt-in-your-mouth goodies. Your family won't be able to get enough of this lemon butter meltaway cookie recipe. -Mary Houchin, Lebanon, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 5 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in lemon juice. In a small bowl, whisk flour and cornstarch; gradually beat into butter mixture. Divide dough in half; shape each into an 8-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm., Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets., Bake 8-12 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon zest, lemon juice and, if desired, food coloring. Spread over cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 25mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
LIME MELTAWAYS FROM ''THE MARTHA STEWART SHOW''
The recipe for these delicious lime meltaways made on "The Martha Stewart Show" is from "Martha Stewart's Cookies."
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cookie Recipes
Yield Makes about 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put butter and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add lime zest and juice and vanilla, and mix until fluffy.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl. Add to butter mixture, and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half on an 8-by-12-inch sheet of parchment paper. Roll in parchment to form a log 1 1/4 inches in diameter, pressing a ruler along edge of parchment at each turn to narrow log. Refrigerate logs until cold and firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove parchment from logs; cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Space rounds 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies until barely golden, about 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool slightly, 8 to 10 minutes. While still warm, toss cookies with remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
These tender cookies are an elegant teatime snack, packed with bright lemon flavor. Bake them all at once or save half of the dough, well wrapped, in the freezer for later. If you've frozen the dough, let it warm slightly before slicing to prevent cracked cookies.
Provided by Yossy Arefi
Categories cookies and bars, dessert
Yield About 40 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add butter, 1 1/4 cups/154 grams confectioners' sugar, and lemon zest to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the sugar is moistened, then turn the mixer to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the lemon juice and egg yolk. Mix to combine.
- Reduce the speed to low, add the flour, cornstarch and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and set each piece on a length of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Fold the paper over the sticky dough, and use your hands to form it into a cylinder about 1 1/2 inches wide. Roll the cylinder a few times to help shape it, but don't worry if it isn't perfect. Chill the dough until completely firm, at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough into rounds just under 1/4-inch thick and arrange them at least 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 12 to 17 minutes, rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway though. The cookies should be golden around the edges, but not brown all of the way through.
- Set the pans on cooling racks and cool for a few minutes. Dust both sides of the warm cookies with the remaining 3/4 cup/92 grams confectioners' sugar. Let the cookies cool completely, then store at room temperature in an airtight container. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar just before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 92, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 25 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
I clipped this from a Reader's Digest about 3 years ago. It was in an advertisement for Land O Lakes butter. These cookies live up to their name. Lemony and buttery and oh so tender, they almost do melt in your mouth! Prep time includes chill time.
Provided by yooper
Yield 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In large mixer bowl, combine all cookie ingredients.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into 8x1-inch roll.
- Wrap in plastic food wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm (1 to 2 hours).
- Heat oven to 350.
- With sharp knife, cut each half into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until set.
- (Cookies will not brown).
- Cool completely.
- In small mixer bowl, combine all frosting ingredients.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Frost cooled cookies.
More about "lemon meltaways recipes"
LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
3.8/5 (59)Calories 45 per servingServings 48
- Combine all cookie ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 8x1-inch log. Wrap each in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Cut each log into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes or until set. (Cookies will not brown.) Cool completely.
LEMON MELTAWAYS - A DELICIOUS LITTLE COOKIE - SAVING …
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
MEYER LEMON MELTAWAYS | MY BAKING ADDICTION
LEMON MELTAWAYS - AN EASY LEMON COOKIE RECIPE!
LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPE - BEST CRAFTS AND RECIPES
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - SWANKY RECIPES
LEMON MELTAWAYS - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
4/5 (1)Category DessertsServings 42Total Time 2 hrs
EASY RECIPE: LEMON VANILLA MELTAWAYS - BALANCED BITES
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - 5 INGREDIENTS! - CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - I AM BAKER
LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
LEMON MELTAWAYS | PUNCHFORK
VEGAN LEMON BARS - DETOXINISTA
LEMON MELTAWAY PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - THE SWEETEST PART
LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MEYER LEMON MELTAWAYS | SPOON FORK BACON
LEMON MELTAWAYS | BEYOND KIMCHEE
HOW TO MAKE LEMON MELTAWAYS THAT TRULY MELT AWAY
RECIPE: LEMON MELTAWAYS | STYLE AT HOME
CREAM CHEESE MELTAWAYS WITH LEMON GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON MELTAWAYS – KITCHEN IN THE HILLS
LEMON MELTAWAYS MARTHA STEWART - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE FOR LEMON MELTAWAYS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LEMON MELTAWAYS - CHEFBILL.COM
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - THE IDEA ROOM
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - COOKING CLASSY
(NO-BAKE) LEMON RASPBERRY MELTAWAYS - LEMON TREE DWELLING
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - DINNER RECIPES FOR TWO
LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - FAMILY COOKIE RECIPES
SOUTHERN DESSERTS LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES - THE SOUL FOOD POT …
LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
LEMON MELTAWAY COOKIES RECIPE - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
7 DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN COCONUT-LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPES
LEMON MELTAWAYS COOKIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LEMON MELTAWAYS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #american #oven #easy #refrigerator #potluck #finger-food #holiday-event #cookies-and-brownies #easter #dietary #gifts #to-go #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love