MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS AND SWEET POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel and cut parsnips as directed above; then cut on a diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet (or two smaller baking sheets), toss parsnips and sweet potatoes with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer. Roast until tender and golden, tossing once or twice, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup and mustard. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the parsnips and then halve them crosswise, then halve or quarter each piece lengthwise.
- Place the parsnips into a roasting tin. Pour the oil over the parsnips and mix them well so that the oil covers all of the pieces.
- Pour the maple syrup over the parsnips and transfer the roasting tin to the oven. Roast the parsnips for 35 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.
- To serve place on a clean serving dish.
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS AND CARROTS
There's a sweet hint of spring in the vegetable medley Bill Richards drizzles with reduced-calorie pancake syrup. "I enjoy adapting recipes I find in my wife's magazines," the creative cook shares from Ironwood, Michigan. "This different side dish goes with many of the entrees I make when our family comes to dinner."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook and stir carrots and parsnips over medium heat in butter for 5 minutes. Combine the pancake syrup, orange juice, orange zest and salt; pour over carrot mixture. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. , Uncover; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and syrup mixture thickens and coats vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS ON KALE
This recipe is special to me because it allows me to use delicious farm-fresh produce in a way my family loves. -Christine Wendland, Browns Mills, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add parsnips and maple syrup. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until syrup is almost evaporated and parsnips are caramelized, stirring frequently., Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add shallot; cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add kale; sprinkle with salt. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add cider; reduce heat to low. Cover and steam for 5 minutes. , To serve, spoon kale onto a large plate; top with parsnips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 251mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS AND CARROTS
Vegetables can be caramelized on the stove or in the oven. Carrots and parsnips are oven-roasted until tender with bacon, thyme, and maple syrup, marrying sweet elements with savory ones.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in lower third. Place parsnips, carrots, bacon, and thyme in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with syrup; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Bake until bottoms of vegetables begin to caramelize and turn dark brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and toss vegetables carefully. Return to oven, and bake until all sides are well browned, about 25 minutes more. Discard bacon and thyme. Serve immediately.
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS ON A BED OF KALE
- Peel parsnips and slice into ½ inch coins; set aside. Remove thick stem ends from kale and cut widthwise into 1 inch ribbons; place in colander and rinse thoroughly. Set aside. In a large saucepan, melt ¼ c. butter. Add parsnips and maple syrup, and cook on medium until syrup is reduced to nearly nothing and parsnips are caramelizing, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, melt 2 tbsp. butter on medium heat. Add shallot, cooking until softening but not brown. Add sliced kale and sprinkle with salt. Cook until kale is slightly wilted, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Raise heat to high and add cider; cover pan immediately, reduce to low, and steam in cider for 5 minutes. To serve, spoon kale onto a large plate. Mound the glazed parsnips in the center of the kale, and sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Serve hot.
More about "maple glazed parsnips on kale recipes"
MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS & PARSNIPS - FODMAP EVERYDAY
5/5 (4)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Scrub the carrots and parsnips, pat dry, trim off and discard the stem ends. If your vegetables are slender, simply cut them in half lengthwise. If they are ticker, you might need to quarter them. Use the images to help assess sizing. Cut slender pieces into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths.
- Place veggies in a large skillet; they should just cover the bottom in a single layer. Add the butter, maple syrup and water and bring to a simmer over medium heat, covered. Cooking time will be about 10 minutes. Uncover to check the vegetables and shake them around in the pan a few times during cooking. They are done when they are just tender, the liquid has evaporated and the maple syrup and butter has glazed them in brown spots here and there. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
ROAST PARSNIPS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 8Category Side Dishes
KALE WITH PARSNIPS AND CREAM RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Cuisine BritishTotal Time 20 minsCategory VegetarianCalories 454 per serving
MAPLE GLAZED TURKEY BREAST WITH ROOT VEG & WILTED KALE
Author STRONG Fitness Mag
MAPLE-GLAZED ROAST PARSNIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.6/5 (10)Total Time 50 minsCategory Side DishCalories 238 per serving
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIP, CHESTNUT AND FETA LOAF RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Vegetarian Christmas Dinner RecipesCalories 537 per serving
- Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/ gas 5. Lightly butter a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Steam the parsnips for 5-8 minutes to take off the raw edge (they don’t need to be cooked all the way through). Put in a colander and leave to dry.
- Spread the pecans and almonds in an even layer on a baking sheet, then toast for 5 minutes in the oven. Add the pine nuts and toast for 3-5 minutes more until golden. Cool, roughly chop and set aside.
- Melt 75g butter in a large frying pan on a low heat. Add the leeks, season and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until soft and sweet, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 75g butter to the frying pan and turn up the heat to high. When the butter is hot and foaming, add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, then cook for 5-7 minutes, tossing every now and then, until golden brown. Add the chestnuts and garlic, then cook for 2 minutes, stirring so the garlic doesn’t brown. Add the mixture to the leeks, along with the chopped nuts, chopped herbs, breadcrumbs and flour. Taste and season.
ROASTED PARSNIPS WITH MAPLE GINGER GLAZE - WITH SPICE
Reviews 1Calories 247 per servingCategory Side
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then spread parsnips in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil, season with red pepper flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper, and toss to coat. Roast parsnips cut side down for 25- 30 minutes, or until caramelized and tender.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, maple syrup and ginger. Cook until butter is melted, then remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
MAPLE GLAZED PARSNIPS AND CARROTS - RECIPE IDEAS, PRODUCT ...
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Roasted, Side DishCalories 120 per serving
- Put in a large roasting tin with remaining ingredients and plenty of seasoning.2 Using your hands, mix thoroughly.Cover tin with foil.3 Roast for 1hr, removing foil and stirring gently after 30min, until veg are tender.
MAPLE ROASTED CARROTS & PARSNIPS - ALASKA FROM SCRATCH
Reviews 7Servings 4-6
MAPLE-ROAST PARSNIPS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
PARSNIPS WITH A MUSTARD AND MAPLE GLAZE | RECIPES | DELIA ...
Cuisine BritishCategory Sunday Roast, Autumn, ChristmasServings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 1 min
KALE, POMEGRANATE, AND CARAMELIZED PARSNIP SALAD RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
MAPLE-ORANGE GLAZED ROASTED PARSNIPS RECIPE | PCC ...
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS ON KALE | RECIPE | PARSNIP RECIPES ...
MAPLE GLAZED OVEN ROASTED CARROTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
MAPLE BACON GLAZED CHICKEN RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS ON KALE - REBEL PICKLE
MAPLE GLAZED PARSNIPS ON KALE RECIPES
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS ON KALE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIPS ON KALE RECIPE
MAPLE GLAZED PARSNIPS ON KALE RECIPE
MAPLE GLAZED PARSNIPS ON A BED OF KALE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook parsnips in oven with maple syrup?Directions Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel the parsnips and then halve them crosswise, then halve or quarter each piece lengthwise. Place the parsnips into a roasting tin. Pour the maple syrup over the parsnips and transfer the roasting tin to the oven. To serve place on a clean serving dish.
What is the best way to cook parsnips and carrots?Place parsnips, carrots, bacon, and thyme in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with syrup; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Bake until bottoms of vegetables begin to caramelize and turn dark brown, about 20 minutes.
How do you cook raw parsnips in a roasting pan?Method. Place the parsnips into a roasting tin. Pour the oil over the parsnips and mix them well so that the oil covers all of the pieces. Pour the maple syrup over the parsnips and transfer the roasting tin to the oven. Roast the parsnips for 35 minutes, or until they are tender and golden-brown.
How do you bake a parsnip cake?Lightly butter a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Steam the parsnips for 5-8 minutes to take off the raw edge (they don’t need to be cooked all the way through). Put in a colander and leave to dry. Spread the pecans and almonds in an even layer on a baking sheet, then toast for 5 minutes in the oven.