Serve wilted spinach, roasted new potatoes and a glass of stout or full bodied Chardonnay, like Cave Spring or Penfold's Koonunga Hill.
Provided by Jacques Lorrain
Categories High Protein
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Marinate the 2 salmon fillets in mixture of 1/3 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup of soy sauce for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator, spoon out marinade into a saucepan and reduce over medium-low heat until you're left with about half the original volume (about 10 minutes).
- Broil the fillets in a lightly oiled pan for about four minutes, skin side up.
- Flip the fillets over and brush the flesh side liberally with the reduced marinade.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over top and broil for another 4 minutes or until the surface is caramelized and the salmon is no longer translucent in the centre.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 561.8, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 146.3, Sodium 2255.8, Carbohydrate 37.2, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 32.3, Protein 69
MAPLE BAKED SALMON
This maple salmon is special because it comes from my mom, both my children like it and it's easy to prepare. I serve this recipe with rice and broccoli. The sauce tastes great on the rice. -Danielle Rothe, Greenville, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place salmon fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, syrup, soy sauce, mustard and pepper. Pour over salmon., Cover and bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349 calories, Fat 16g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 453mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, teriyaki sauce and some salt and pepper. Whisk until fully combined.
- Arrange the salmon in a single layer in a baking dish. Brush the glaze over the fish, coating evenly. Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Salmon is my number one favorite "meat" so I'm always looking for a variety of ways to cook it. Here is another of several ways I like to prepare it. (I only make this with REAL maple syrup, so can't vouch for the results if you substitute.)
Provided by echo echo
Categories High Protein
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl whisk together the syrup through cornstarch solution until smooth.
- Place the fillets skin-side-down in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the salmon.
- Bake about 15-18 minutes at 450°F until the fish flakes easily; baste with glaze halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with scallion and almonds before serving.
MAPLE PECAN CRUSTED SALMON
This robust dinner (or lunch!) salad is a little Southern, a little Southwestern and a lot delicious. Save time by using leftover cooked chicken from another meal or store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and ground mustard. Stir over medium heat until the mixture is warmed through, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- While the marinade is cooling, pour the pecans into a dry skillet and heat over medium heat, tossing frequently, until golden and toasted. Remove from heat; let the pecans cool to room temperature and then chop finely.
- Place the salmon fillets in a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Pour the maple marinade over the salmon, coating the salmon pieces evenly. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the toasted, chopped pecans on a plate or shallow pie dish. Remove the salmon from the refrigerator. Dip the top side of each salmon fillet in the pecan crumbs pressing the salmon lightly into the pecans so they adhere to the top of the salmon. Place the fillets pecan-side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the salmon with a pinch of salt.
- Bake the salmon for 20-22 minutes until cooked through but still tender inside (not overcooked). The salmon should flake easily with a fork but still be soft and not dry. Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
MAPLE-GLAZED SALMON RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: vegetable oil, maple syrup, orange juice, soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, pepper, salt, salmon fillet, fresh parsley, broccoli floret, salt, butter, soy sauce, garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes
Provided by Becca Park
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the salmon, heat vegetable oil on medium-high in a cast-iron skillet.
- For the broccoli, fill a medium pot halfway with water. Add a dash of salt and start boiling water.
- In the meantime, whisk together maple syrup, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons for topping later.
- Place salmon fillets inside the bowl and make sure each side is covered with sauce.
- Sear the salmon 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Brush the tops with the sauce set aside.
- With the pot of water boiling, add the broccoli and cover lid. Blanch for 2 minutes.
- Drain under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In the drained pot of broccoli, stir in butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, some lemon zest, and garlic on low heat. Mix until broccoli is well-coated.
- On each plate, serve a filet of salmon and scoop of broccoli.
- Top with reserved marinade and sprinkle parsley for garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 calories, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 18 grams, Sugar 22 grams
Delicious maple-glazed salmon is a little on the sweet side, but not too much. The whole house smells wonderful when this is cooking; it's a great warm winter meal! I have a hard time finding good recipes my family likes with fish, since my husband is not fond of lemon. This is a perfect compromise!
Provided by kellij21
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, dill, garlic salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place salmon in a shallow baking dish and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover dish and marinate salmon in the refrigerator, turning once, about 30 minutes.
- Bake salmon, uncovered, in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.7 calories, Carbohydrate 27.9 g, Cholesterol 50.4 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 24.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 615.6 mg, Sugar 23.6 g
PEPPER-CRUSTED MAPLE-GLAZED SALMON
- In a re-sealable bag or a small deep bowl, mix maple syrup and soy sauce. Arrange fillets so that marinade completely covers fish. Marinate in the refrigerator for as long possible (a minimum of 4 hours, but ideally 24 hours to do it justice).
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub oil on a 10 by 10-inch sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place pepper on a small plate. Remove salmon from marinade and pat topside only into cracked pepper to coat. Place fillets, pepper side up, on foil.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for approximately 7 minutes. (Syrup may cause fish to smoke when cooking, do not be alarmed.) Salmon can also be grilled directly over hot coals for about 3 minutes per side. But do not even think about using a microwave. Avoid overcooking the fillets. Salmon is best when the color has turned to a pale pink, but the fish is still moist throughout. Serve immediately on warmed plates.
This is the best and most delicious salmon recipe, and very easy to prepare. I love maple in everything and put this together one night. My husband totally loved it; he did not like salmon that much until he had this.
Provided by STARFLOWER
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 67 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 633.1 mg, Sugar 11.9 g
Salmon baked at a low temperature until medium-rare delivers a silky texture that tastes special enough to make it a festive centerpiece. This easy dish works any night of the week, since it comes together in less than half an hour. Maple syrup sweetens the glaze, which gets a savory pop from whole mustard seeds in Dijon. Even though salmon is naturally fatty, a dollop of mayonnaise adds extra richness while thickening the glaze to help it seal onto the fish. The herbaceous aroma of cilantro stems baked into the sauce brightens the dish, as do tender leaves scattered on top. Fill out your feast with any combination of steamed rice, roasted potatoes, green beans or salad.
Provided by Genevieve Ko
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bundle the cilantro sprigs by their stems and hold them tightly, then slice the stems crosswise until you get to the leaves. Reserve leaves for garnish. Transfer sliced stems to a small bowl and stir in the maple syrup, mustard and mayonnaise until well mixed.
- Season the salmon all over with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish, skin-side down if there is skin. Slather the maple sauce all over the top.
- Bake until a paring knife slides into the center with only a little resistance, 15 to 20 minutes. When you remove the knife and touch the blade to your upper lip, it should feel very warm but not hot. The salmon will continue to heat through out of the oven while in the baking dish. Top with the reserved cilantro leaves, and squeeze lemon wedges all over just before serving.
MAPLE BOURBON SALMON
This maple bourbon salmon recipe is so easy, healthy and decadent. Great for a date night! You can add tomatoes to the topping if you'd like. -Diane Higgins, Tampa, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place salmon in a shallow dish. Combine brown sugar, maple syrup and bourbon; pour over salmon; let stand 15 minutes. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add salmon; cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add walnuts, green onions and bacon to skillet; heat through. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475 calories, Fat 30g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 237mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
More about "maple salmon recipes"
GRILLED MAPLE SALMON RECIPE (VIDEO)
5/5 (19)Total Time 58 minsCategory Easy
- Stir together marinade: 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 Tbsp sesame oil, 2 pressed garlic cloves, and 1/2 tsp pepper (you can even combine it in the plastic bag to save a dish!).
- Transfer reserved marinade to a small sauce pan and boil it down over high heat whisking constantly for for 3-4 minutes, or until starting to thicken. Brush grilled salmon with soy-maple glaze and serve garnished with green onion if desired.
MAPLE GLAZED SALMON FILLET RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SIMPLE 4-INGREDIENT MAPLE HONEY GLAZED SALMON …
WALNUT CRUSTED MAPLE SALMON | THE RECIPE CRITIC
MAPLE GLAZED PAN SEARED SALMON - BREEZY BAKES
SHEET PAN MAPLE SALMON - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
MAPLE GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - TWO 🧐KOOKS IN THE KITCHEN
BAKED MAPLE SALMON - AHEAD OF THYME
MAPLE SALMON BITES | METRO
MAPLE AND GINGER LACQUERED SALMON | RICARDO
MAPLE-GLAZED SALMON RECIPE (OVEN-ROASTED) | KITCHN
MAPLE GLAZED SALMON RECIPE OVEN | DEPORECIPE.CO
EASY MAPLE SESAME SALMON - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
MAPLE MUSTARD SALMON - BECEL CANADA
MAPLE SALMON FILLET WITH CHIVES | MAPLE FROM CANADA
MAPLE-GLAZED SALMON RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10-MINUTE MAPLE-GLAZED SALMON RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
CANADIAN MAPLE CEDAR PLANK SALMON - TWO 🧐KOOKS IN THE KITCHEN
MAPLE-GINGER BUTTERED SALMON | MAPLE FROM CANADA
MAPLE GLAZED SALMON - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
SMOKED SALMON SALAD WITH MAPLE CHIPOTLE GLAZE - Z GRILLS® BLOG
BEST BECEL MAPLE MUSTARD SALMON RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
OVEN ROASTED MAPLE SALMON RECIPE - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
MAPLE GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - GRANDBABY CAKES
MAPLE GLAZED SALMON RECIPE – DELICIOUS & READY TO EAT IN 15 …
MAPLE PLANK SALMON RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY ONE PAN MAPLE GLAZED SALMON - THE BUSY BAKER
MAPLE SALMON JERKY | COMMERCIAL DEHYDRATORS
MAPLE SOY GLAZED SALMON - SKINNYTASTE
RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE - SEAFOOD AT HOME
MAPLE SMOKED SALMON RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SOY-MAPLE GLAZED SALMON (EASY BAKED SALMON RECIPE!) - COOKING …
BEST MAPLE-SOY GLAZED B.C. SALMON RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
3 INGREDIENT MAPLE GLAZED SALMON - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
BAKED SALMON WITH MAPLE MUSTARD GLAZE (5 INGREDIENT RECIPE)
MAPLE SOY SALMON - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - FISH & SEAFOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #main-dish #seafood #easy #beginner-cook #fish #dietary #low-saturated-fat #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something
Maple Glazed Salmon - Easy Salmon Recipe8.7K views-03:52
How To Make Maple Smoked Salmon | Smoked Salmon Quick Recipe | Bradley Smoker11K views-00:31
Maple Pecan Crusted Salmon Recipe2.3K views-05:54
Maple Glazed Salmon Recipe | How To Make Baked Salmon | SyS94K views-03:18
How to Make Maple Salmon | Allrecipes.com5.7K views-02:15
Easy Maple Soy Glazed Salmon (with Garlic & Lemon) for dinner!119 views-03:32
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook salmon with maple sauce?Reserve leaves for garnish. Transfer sliced stems to a small bowl and stir in the maple syrup, mustard and mayonnaise until well mixed. Season the salmon all over with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish, skin-side down if there is skin. Slather the maple sauce all over the top.
How to cook Walnut crusted Maple salmon?Walnut Crusted Maple Salmon is a savory salmon dish that is coated in a sweet maple syrup, delicious Dijon mustard coated with a thick walnut crust all baked to perfection. Baked in under 30 minutes! Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay the salmon skin side down and salt and pepper.
What is salmon glazed with maple syrup?Here, the salmon is glazed with maple syrup and soy, providing the ideal sweet and savory combination. The marinade takes only 20 minutes and when cooked in a hot pan, the glaze crisps up and slightly caramelizes resulting in a delightful color and texture.
What is the best way to cook salmon in the oven?This is a perfect compromise! Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Mix maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, dill, garlic salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Place salmon in a shallow baking dish and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover dish and marinate salmon in the refrigerator, turning once, about 30 minutes.