This special appetizer always makes it to our neighborhood parties and is the first to disappear at the buffet table. It's attractive, delicious-and easy! -Laurie Casper, Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 pounds.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Slice each block of cheddar cheese into twenty 1/4-in. slices. Cut each block of cream cheese into 18 slices. Create four 6-in.-long blocks of stacked cheeses, sandwiching 9 cream cheese slices between 10 cheddar slices for each stack. Place in a 13x9-in. dish., In a small bowl, combine the roasted peppers, oil, vinegars, onions, herbs, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over cheese stacks. , Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning cheese blocks once. Drain excess marinade. Serve cheese with crackers or toasted bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 153mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 5g protein.
This is a very colorful and tasty appetizer. Because it has such a stunning presentation, it is a great appetizer for the holidays. I take this to every function and gathering we attend - only because everyone else requests it!
Provided by trish555
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the olive oil, wine vinegar, pimento, parsley, green onion, garlic, sugar, basil, salt and pepper. Shake vigorously to blend. Set aside.
- Cut the block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices to form squares. Repeat with cream cheese. Arrange cheese squares alternately in a shallow baking dish with slices standing on edge. You can arrange in a single long row, or 2 parallel rows depending on the size of your dish. Pour the marinade from the jar over the cheese slices, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove slices to a serving platter so they are still arranged in an alternating pattern. Spoon some of the extra marinade over the cheese, and serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.4 g, Cholesterol 30.1 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 203.2 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
KETO MARINATED CHEESE
- Place Cheddar cheese and cream cheese in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, vinegar, parsley, basil, green onions, garlic, pimento, sugar, salt, and pepper in a lidded jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Set marinade aside.
- Remove cheeses from the freezer. Cut block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Set aside. Cut the block of cream cheese following the same procedure. Arrange alternating Cheddar and cream cheese slices standing on edges in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Transfer cheese slices to a serving platter in the same alternating pattern. Spoon marinade over the cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.4 g, Cholesterol 30.1 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 202.9 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
MARINATED GOAT CHEESE
These are especially nice to have on hand for adding to salads and quick toasted open-faced sandwiches. Place a round on a piece of bread, pop it in a toaster oven and toast 3 to 4 minutes.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, dips and spreads
Yield 4 or 5 rounds of marinated goat cheese
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the peppercorns, garlic cloves and bay leaves in a clean, sterilized wide-mouthed jar. Pour in a film of olive oil.
- Cut the goat cheese into rounds 1/2 inch thick (I get neat rounds using unflavored dental floss to cut through the cheese). Place one round in the jar and drizzle on some olive oil. Stack the remaining rounds, drizzling oil onto each round before topping with the next. Add the thyme and rosemary sprigs to the jar and pour in olive oil to cover the goat cheese rounds completely. Cover the jar and leave at room temperature for several hours, then refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 61, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 88 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
MARINATED CHEESE WITH PEPPERS AND OLIVES
Cheddar cheese, red peppers and pitted ripe olives make a tasty, rustic appetizer when marinated overnight and served with decorative toothpicks. -Polly Brunning, Thaxton, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 339mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
HERB MARINATED CHEESE
- Cut the cheese crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, and arrange on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with onion, herbs, and red-pepper flakes. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Serve with sliced bread.
MARINATED CHEESE APPETIZER
This recipe was given to me by a friend. I have made it several times, and it doesn't last long! It does take a while to prepare, but it is worth it. Great presentation and delicious flavors.
Provided by Barbara Linn
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut cheddar cheese and cream cheese into 1/4 inch slices, then again in half.
- Using a small dish, place cheese slices on end alternating cheddar and cream cheese.
- Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic.
- Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with crackers.
MARINATED MOZZARELLA, OLIVES AND CHERRY TOMATOES
This simple dish of marinated cherry tomatoes, olives and mozzarella is best, of course, when cherry tomatoes are in season. That it gets better as it sits is a boon: Bring it to potlucks or picnics, or simply let it sit in your refrigerator, a satisfying lunch at home. A generous handful of basil leaves, sprinkled atop just before serving, gives everything a bright, herbal finish. You'll want to make this all summer long.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put cherry tomatoes in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the olives and toss.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and red-pepper flakes. Pour mixture over tomatoes and olives. Toss well to coat and let sit for at least 10 minutes and up to an hour.
- When ready to eat, arrange mozzarella in the center of a large platter (or arrange on individual plates). Spoon tomato and olive mixture over mozzarella. Garnish with lots of basil leaves.
More about "marinated cheese recipes"
MARINATED CHEESE RECIPE | BERLY'S KITCHEN
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 15 minsCategory Appetizer RecipesCalories 150 per serving
- Cut both of the cheddar cheeses and the cream cheese into 1-inch x 1-inch pieces about ¼ inch thick. Arrange them on a rimmed edge serving platter in an alternating pattern beginning with a row of white cheddar, then a row of yellow cheddar, followed by cream cheese, then repeat until all the cheese has been used. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, bowl, or jar with a lid, mix together the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, pimentos, green onions, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the cheese. Serve with your favorite crackers, veggie slices, or toasted bread. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
MARINATED CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (5)Total Time 8 hrs 10 minsServings 25
- Cut Monterey Jack cheese in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Repeat with Cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
- Arrange cheese in 4 rows in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish, alternating Monterey Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, and cream cheese. Pour marinade over cheese. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Drain marinade; arrange cheese on a platter in rows. Top with pimiento, and serve with assorted crackers.
MARINATED CHEESE | JENNIFER COOKS
HOW TO MAKE MARINATED CHEESE | MYRECIPES
MARINATED CHEESE | THE KITCHEN IS MY PLAYGROUND
EASY MARINATED CHEESE APPETIZER RECIPE | JEN SCHMIDT
EASY MARINATED CHEESE - HOW TO MARINATE CHEESE
MARINATED CHEESE CURDS - STEP AWAY FROM THE CARBS
MARINATED CHEESE WITH PEPPERS & OLIVES RECIPE | LAND …
MARINATED MOZZARELLA - DELICIOUS SNACK IDEAS! GREAT FOR …
MARINATED CHEESE BITES - SAFEWAY
MARINATED CHEESE RECIPES | FOOD | PUREWOW
FRENCH-STYLE MARINATED CHEESE RECIPE - SHOCKINGLY …
MARINATED CHEESE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
MARINATED CHEESE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
MARINATED GOAT CHEESE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
NAKLADANY HERMELIN CZECH MARINATED CAMEMBERT CHEESE RECIPE
ITALIAN MARINATED CHEESE - WHAT THE FORKS FOR DINNER?
MARINATED CHEESE - KICKING CARBS
MARINATED CHEESE & OLIVES ~ APPETIZER OR FOOD GIFT!
MARINATED GREY CHEESE RECIPE | CARL'S HOME AND RECIPES
MARINATED CHEESE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
5-MINUTE MARINATED FETA RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
MARINATED CHEESE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
MARINATED CHEESE AND OLIVES - THAT LOW CARB LIFE
MARINATED CHEESE APPETIZER - CHARCUTERIE BOARD -PRETTY PROVIDENCE
MARINATED CHEESE RECIPE | EASY CREAM CHEESE APPETIZER
SPICY MARINATED CHEESE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
31 MARINATED CHEESE IDEAS | MARINATED CHEESE, APPETIZER RECIPES ...
MARINATED CHRISTMAS CHEESE RECIPE - HOW SWEET EATS
MARINATED CHEESE APPETIZER - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
STEAK MARINADE FOR PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS RECIPES
HOW TO MARINATE FRESH CHEESE AT HOME | EPICURIOUS
MARINATED CZECH CHEESE (NAKLáDANý HERMELíN) - POLISH HOUSEWIFE
MEDITERRANEAN MARINATED CHEESE IN EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL AND HERBS
MARINATED CHEESE RECIPE - SUNSET MAGAZINE
MARINATED GOAT CHEESE IN OLIVE OIL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MARINATED CHEESE SOUTHERN LIVING MAGAZINE | SHESPEAKS
RECIPES | MARINATED CHEESE, RECIPES, FRUITY - PINTEREST
MARINATED CHEESE RECIPE - LE CAFé DE MAMAN
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #eggs-dairy #vegetables #american #refrigerator #dinner-party #holiday-event #cheese #christmas #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #onions #peppers #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make marinated cheese?DIRECTIONS Cut cheddar cheese and cream cheese into 1/4 inch slices, then again in half. Using a small dish, place cheese slices on end alternating cheddar and cream cheese. Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic. Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight.
How do you make cheese squares with marinade?Directions. Arrange cheese squares alternately in a shallow baking dish with slices standing on edge. You can arrange in a single long row, or 2 parallel rows depending on the size of your dish. Pour the marinade from the jar over the cheese slices, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
How do you make marinade for pesto?Using a small dish, place cheese slices on end alternating cheddar and cream cheese. Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic. Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight.
How do you eat goat cheese after marinating it?If marinating for longer than 1 hour, put the cheese in the refrigerator. Marinated goat cheese can be eaten cold or the cheese and olive oil can be heated together in a 375 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warm. Sprinkle sea salt over the cheese before serving. Serve marinated goat cheese with a good loaf of bread.