This was my Mom's recipe. Easy and quick to make. Apples and walnuts are packed into a cinnamon spiced blonde brownie. Always a hit when I bring it to parties. Very moist and great to make in the fall when apples are plentiful.
Provided by BakerJim
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Fold in the apples and walnuts. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just blended. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.4 calories, Carbohydrate 30.3 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 176.9 mg, Sugar 20.4 g
Loaded with fall flavor, apple brownies mix up as quickly as the chocolate version -- just the thing for a school bake sale. Any sweet, firm variety of apple will work in this recipe, which was developed by John Bunker's friend Amy Traverso. Recipe adapted from " The Apple Lover's Cookbook," by Amy Traverso.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 12 bars
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in center position. Generously butter an 8-by-11-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and egg with a mixer until pale, about 2 minutes. Add walnuts and apples, and stir by hand until combined. Add flour mixture, and stir until combined, about 30 seconds more.
- Spread batter in pan, and bake until golden brown and slightly firm, about 40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 30 minutes, then cut into 12 bars.
GRANDMA'S SECRET APPLE BROWNIES!
These apple bars belong smack-dab in the delicious intersection of breakfast and dessert... the two most important meals of the day! We're not sure if these are classified a brownie. To us, they have the texture of a brownie. But they're divine. Once baked, a sugary crust forms on top. There are bits of tender apples and cinnamon...
Provided by Jessica Harrington
Categories Other Breakfast
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 9x13 pan.
- 2. Peel and core about 3 to 4 apples. Finely chop apples (you want the pieces small).
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- 4. Add eggs, oil, and orange juice. Mix well. I use a wooden spoon to mix.
- 5. Fold in diced apples (the batter will be thick).
- 6. Spread into the prepared baking pan.
- 7. Bake at 325 for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 8. Eat and enjoy!
HELLO DOLLY BARS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together in a bowl until evenly moistened; press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour 1/2 the can sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker crust. Sprinkle semisweet chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut, and white chocolate chips over the graham cracker crust; gently press chocolate, nuts, and coconuts into the crust. Drizzle remaining 1/2 can of condensed milk over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fragrant and coconut is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.7 calories, Carbohydrate 23.9 g, Cholesterol 16.5 mg, Fat 14.4 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 93.8 mg, Sugar 19.6 g
LINDA'S APPLE BROWNIES
The first time I had these I thought I had died and gone to heaven... This recipe is in the Top 5 for my FAVORITE desserts... Add a scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream on top of one of these YUMMY brownies when they are warm, is the ULTIMATE in desserts in my opinion! 1-23-08 I did make an adjustment on this recipe. It should have been an 8x8" pan not a 9x13"... No wonder they were coming out crumbly! Also, I use 2 med. McIntosh apples for mine.
Provided by Lindas Busy Kitchen
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 12-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften margarine.
- Mix all ingredients together in a lg. bowl.
- Bake in a buttered 8x8" baking dish, for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool, cut, and then store in a plastic container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 15.5, Sodium 92.2, Carbohydrate 26.3, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 17.8, Protein 1.7
More about "marjorie standish apple brownies recipes"
BANANA BREAD - I AM BAKER
SKINNY APPLE BROWNIES (AKA APPLE NUT BARS) | SIMPLE ...
3.6/5 (25)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 147 per serving
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan. (Or for easy cleanup, since these apple brownies are a bit sticky, line a pan with foil and grease the foil.)
A TRUNK FULL OF RECIPES: COOKING DOWN EAST WITH MARJORIE ...
Author JmcmahonEstimated Reading Time 1 min
COOKING DOWN EAST: STANDISH, MARJORIE: 9780892723713 ...
Reviews 101Format PaperbackAuthor Marjorie Standish
RECIPE REQUEST TURNS UP APPLE BROWNIES - LEWISTON SUN …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
COOKING DOWN EAST: FAVORITE MAINE RECIPES BY MARJORIE ...
Brand Down East BooksAuthor Marjorie StandishPrice $9.99Format Paperback
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH BLUEBERRY CAKE | BAKE TO THE FUTURE
ENGLISH WALNUT CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY CAKE - FOOD & SUN
HOMEMADE WHOOPIE PIES - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
BLUE HEELER BAKERY – GLUTEN FREE BAKED GOODS BASED IN MAINE
AMISH APPLE BROWNIES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
A TRUNK FULL OF RECIPES: FEBRUARY 2011
SKINNY APPLE BROWNIES (6 WW FREESTYLE... - SIMPLE ...
HOME – BLUE HEELER BAKERY
MARJORIE STANDISH ARCHIVES - GARDINER PUBLIC LIBRARY
APPLE CRISP MARJORIE STANDISH RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
MARJORIE STANDISH COOKBOOKS, RECIPES AND BIOGRAPHY | EAT ...
DOWNEAST COOK BOOK MARJORIE STANDISH RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
APPLE BROWNIES - SOUTHERN MADE SIMPLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple Brownies in the oven?Directions 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish. ... 2 In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Fold in the apples and walnuts. ... 3 Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How do you make Skinny Apple nut bars?Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer on medium until creamy. Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy. Stir in the chopped apples and nuts. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Can you add French vanilla ice cream to Brownies?Add a scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream on top of one of these YUMMY brownies when they are warm, is the ULTIMATE in desserts in my opinion! 1-23-08 I did make an adjustment on this recipe. It should have been an 8x8" pan not a 9x13"...