MAY WINE PUNCH WITH SWEET WOODRUFF (MAI BOWLE)
May Wine is an old, traditional beverage that originated in Germany and is consumed throughout Europe. Infusing white wine with Sweet Woodruff gives this libation an herbal flavor with green notes that are refreshing and pleasant. Often served on May Day and at spring and early-summer weddings, this beverage is perfect for sharing with friends and family during dinner parties, backyard barbeques, picnics, and at other get-togethers. May Wine was historically brewed during the May and June months when Sweet Woodruff is in flower, but there is no need to restrict consumption to these months. This light and refreshing herbal infused beverage is a perfect treat that can be enjoyed throughout the year! Not only does May Wine taste delectable, but Sweet Woodruff has a long history of herbal and medicinal use. It has been used throughout the ages to treat ailments including liver problems and jaundice. During the Middle Ages, Sweet Woodruff was widely applied as a poultice for wounds and cuts and taken internally for digestive and liver problems. In modern day herbalism, infusions of Sweet Woodruff are used for diuretic and anti-inflammatory effects and to ease stomach aches. This is a classic recipe for May Wine, but feel free to adjust it to your liking. I am already envisioning Chamomile flowers, Rose petals, and Lemon Balm incorporated into future batches! Simply follow the recipe but substitute the herb(s) of your choice for Sweet Woodruff, and make allowances for herbs that are especially flavorful - like Lavender flowers. A note of caution: Sweet Woodruff may produce headaches and other toxic effects if high doses are consumed or if it is used long-term. Info taken from Mountain Rose Herbs. Note: You can easily increase the yield by adding an additional bottle of wine for 16 servings, or double the amounts (use two bottles each of wine and champagne) for 24 servings. For an alcohol-free version substitute white grape juice or apple juice for the wine, and sparkling water for the champagne. If you can't source fresh Sweet Woodruff, use 1/2 cup of dried Sweet Woodruff which you can purchase online. -Or-, use a spoonful per drink (to taste) of Waldmeister Syrup which can be purchased at germandeli.com. Enjoy!
Provided by BecR2400
Categories Punch Beverage
Yield 1 Punch Bowl, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place sprigs of fresh sweet woodruff into the white wine. Cover and let steep at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Pour the wine over ice into a punch bowl; discard the woodruff.
- Add the sugar, brandy, champagne, strawberries and orange slices, stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with additional fresh sweet woodruff and float fresh edible flowers such as Johnny jump-ups and violets in the punch bowl, as desired.
- Serve the punch thoroughly chilled, in wine glasses or champagne flutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.5, Sodium 7.6, Carbohydrate 10, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 7.2, Protein 0.2
No May Day celebration would be complete without a dance around the maypole; might we recommend this playful edible version.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with two racks evenly spaced. Butter two 9-by-2-inch round cake pans; line with parchment paper; butter again. Dust bottoms and sides with flour, and tap out excess. Set aside. Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt three times. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on low speed to soften. Increase speed to medium, and beat until fluffy and light in color. Keep beating while gradually adding sugar; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually drizzle in beaten eggs, beating between additions until the batter is no longer slick, scraping down the sides twice. With the mixer on low, alternate adding reserved flour mixture with milk; starting and ending with the flour. Mix until just incorporated after each addition. Scrape sides of the bowl; mix 10 seconds longer.
- Divide batter evenly between the pans. Bake in lower third of oven until a cake tester inserted into the center of each comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans, remove parchment, and return to the rack to cool, top-sides up.
- To assemble, turn cakes upside down. Using a long serrated knife, slice each cake in half horizontally. Place a layer on a cake round or cake stand. Spread top of layer with 1 1/2 cups frosting. Stack the second layer over the frosted layer; spread another 1 1/2 cups of frosting over top of this layer; repeat with third layer; cover with top layer. Using a dry pastry brush, gently brush any loose crumbs away from cake. Frost cake thinly to seal in crumbs. Use 3 cups frosting for final coating.
- To decorate, evenly distribute cream-colored sprinkles over the top surface of the cake.Using an 1 1/8-inch gum-paste petal cutter, cut petals out of jellied citrus slices -- you will need 84 petals. Gently press 14 small gumdrops around the perimeter of the cake, spaced evenly apart; arrange 6 jellied petals around each drop to form flowers. Transfer to a large cake stand -- ours measures 19 inches across.
- To make the maypole, you will need a wooden dowel, painted white, and six pieces of 1/8-inch satin ribbon, each three times the length of the dowel. Gather the ribbons together, and pin them through their centers to one end of the dowel. Gently press a Lifesaver over the pinned ribbons, and top with a small gumdrop. Insert the maypole into the center of the cake, and fan the ribbons out around the cake stand, taping in place and letting the ends trail over the table.
More about "may pole punch recipes"
32 SUMMER PUNCH COCKTAIL RECIPES - BIG BATCH DRINKS …
2022-04-07 Mexican Cauliflower Rice. 3. Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta Salad. 4. We Tried The Viral Tom Cruise Cake. 5. Mexican Torta.
10 BEST SUMMER ALCOHOLIC PUNCH RECIPES | YUMMLY
2022-06-29 apples, ice cubes, sparkling wine, lemon, orange liqueur, fresh squeezed lemon juice and 5 more
15 SUMMER PUNCH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
2021-07-06 15 Thirst-Quenching Summer Punch Recipes. By Rai Mincey July 06, 2021. Credit: Buckwheat Queen. Nothing says summer quite like a bowl of refreshing punch garnished with fruit slices or scoops of brightly colored …
10 BEST SUMMER PUNCH RECIPES - EASY ALCOHOLIC SUMMER …
2018-06-14 10 wedges pineapple, for garnish. 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Instructions. Combine all ingredients except pineapple wedges and sugar in a punch bowl. Stir to combine. Using a wedge of pineapple ...
35 SIMPLE PUNCH RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY | TASTE OF …
2018-08-28 Strawberry Party Punch. After a spicy snack, cool your palate with this festive and fruity punch. Let guests help themselves at the punch bowl, or serve it by the glass with pretty fruit garnishes.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, …
MAY POLE PUNCH | RECIPE | PUNCH RECIPES, FOOD NETWORK …
Jul 7, 2011 - Get May Pole Punch Recipe from Food Network. Jul 7, 2011 - Get May Pole Punch Recipe from Food Network. Jul 7, 2011 - Get May Pole Punch Recipe from Food Network. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete …
A GERMAN CLASSIC: MAIBOWLE (MAY PUNCH) - GERMAN …
2020-05-07 Traditional Recipe. 1 bunch of Waldmeister (Sweet Woodruff**) (about 0.2 to 0.35 ounces) 2 squirts of lime juice or lemon juice. 2 bottles of dry white wine. 1 bottle of semi-dry sparkling wine. ice cubes. Let the bunch of …
MAKING A MAYPOLE | MARTHA STEWART
2018-09-20 Step 1. Paint pole, discs, and finial with glossy latex paint. Drill a hole slightly less than the diameter of the screw through the center of each disc, and a matching hole in one end of the pole. Unroll the ribbons, fold in half …
10 BEST BLUE PUNCH RECIPES | YUMMLY
2022-07-02 Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin with Peach & Blue Cheese Stuffing Pork. crumbled blue cheese, bread, fresh parsley, smoked paprika, pepper and 10 more.
MAY PUNCH - GERMANFOODS.ORG
Instructions. Place the woodruff (or vanilla beans), powdered sugar, wine and brandy in a bowl. Cover the mixture for 30 minutes, no longer. Remove the sweet woodruff (or vanilla). Stir …
- Cover the mixture for 30 minutes, no longer. Remove the sweet woodruff. Stir contents of bowl thoroughly and pour over a block of ice in a punch bowl.
- Add the 3 bottles of Mosel or Saar-Ruwer wine or other similar German dry white wines, along with 1 quart of carbonated water or German sparkling wine.
- Decorate the punch with thinly sliced oranges, sticks of pineapple and, most appropriately, sprigs of sweet woodruff.
18 SUMMER PUNCH RECIPES TO KEEP YOU COOL | TASTE OF HOME
2020-07-01 Banana Brunch Punch. A cold glass of refreshing punch really brightens a brunch. It's nice to serve a crisp beverage like this that's more spectacular than plain juice. With …
MAY APPLE PUNCH RECIPE – MOTHER EARTH NEWS
1977-07-01 This May Apple Punch Recipe makes a delicious drink of this unique, delicious fruit. May Apple Punch Recipe. Using a juicer or food mill, crush (and strain the seeds from) …
15 BEST HALLOWEEN PUNCH RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
2021-09-20 Get the Recipe: Bobbing for Apples Punch Shirley Temple Of Doom Made with lemon-lime soda, sports drink and fresh lime juice, this ghoulish green brew is perfect for party …
EASY CHRISTMAS PUNCH - MOM ON TIMEOUT
2021-11-17 For Pitcher or Punch Bowl. In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the cranberry juice, orange juice, apple cider, ginger ale (or club soda or ginger beer) and vodka, if using. …
18 EASY HALLOWEEN ALCOHOLIC PUNCH RECIPES: BEST IDEAS FOR SPIKED …
2021-10-13 Here are 18 Halloween alcoholic punch recipes to scare your guests. Browse through them, be sure to pin your favorites and get ready for this year’s spooktacular party! …
MONIQUE'S NAUGHTY & NICE HOLIDAY PUNCH | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
2021-11-30 Perfect holiday punch in 3 simple steps. Mix up the punch. Add all of the ingredients (except the garnishes) to a large punch bowl and mix well to combine. Prep your …
35 FESTIVE CHRISTMAS PUNCH RECIPES- THE BOSSY KITCHEN
2021-12-12 This traditional hot fruit punch is served at Christmas and on New Year’s Eve throughout Guatemala, Mexico, and the rest of Latin America. Also known as Ponche …
MAY POLE PUNCH | RECIPE | PUNCH RECIPES, FOOD NETWORK …
Mar 30, 2012 - Get May Pole Punch Recipe from Food Network. Mar 30, 2012 - Get May Pole Punch Recipe from Food Network. Mar 30, 2012 - Get May Pole Punch Recipe from Food …
3 INGREDIENT CHRISTMAS MORNING PUNCH - EATING ON A DIME
2021-10-06 First, you need a pitcher or punch bowl to make the punch in. Then put all of the ingredients in the container. Second, just stir it all together. It is that simple. I like to add the …
MAY POLE PUNCH - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
Add enough pineapple juice to cover the fruit. Freeze for at least 2 hours, or until set. In a large punch bowl, combine remaining pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, sliced …
16 INSANELY DELICIOUS EASTER PUNCH RECIPES - HHL
2022-01-03 1.8 Easy Pink Party Punch. 1.9 Fizzy Citrus Soda Punch. 1.10 Easter Egg Punch. 1.11 Pineapple Punch. 1.12 Rainbow Sherbet Punch. 2 Easter Punch Recipes with Alcohol. …
MAY POLE PUNCH - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
May Pole Punch might be just the beverage you are searching for. One serving contains 240 calories, 1g of protein, and 0g of fat. This recipe serves 12. This recipe covers 6% of your …
MAY POLE PUNCH - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
May Pole Punch might be just the beverage you are searching for. This recipe serves 12. One serving contains 240 calories, 1g of protein, and 0g of fat. This recipe covers 6% of your daily …
10 REFRESHING NON-ALCOHOLIC SUMMER PARTY PUNCH RECIPES
2022-05-04 For ingredients, you just need 2 peaches, sugar, lemon juice, water, and soda water. Blend the ingredients other than the soda water up in a blender, strain the puree …
20 BEST PARTY PUNCH RECIPES THAT WILL SATISFY YOUR CROWD
2021-04-21 17. Jungle Juice. If you’re going to host a huge party crowd but want to serve delicious punch on a budget, this drink is the best option. Combination of fruit juices, rum, …
20 HALLOWEEN PUNCH RECIPES - FOOD.COM
Boozy Watermelon Pirate Ship Punch. Pirate-themed Halloween parties are a lot of fun, but it can sometimes be hard to find a good drink. This classy watermelon and Prosecco cocktail is a …
SANDRA LEE - MAY POLE PUNCH - YOUTUBE
Originally aired as part of the "Spring Picnic" episode on the Food Network, April 7th, 2007.Ingredients:1 cup frozen peach slices1 cup frozen whole strawber...
14 BIG-BATCH COCKTAILS FOR SUMMERTIME PICNICS | ALLRECIPES
2021-06-30 Party Lemonade. "An easy-to-make fresh lemonade recipe for a crowd. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig and maraschino cherry," recipe writer KKOOKS says of this highly …
HALLOWEEN PUNCH (JUST 4 INGREDIENTS!) | MOM ON TIMEOUT
2021-10-18 Ginger Ale – or club soda, soda water, or lemon lime soda. Black Cherry Juice. Pomegranate Juice. Frozen Cherries. any alcohol you want to add. How To Make Halloween …
25 BEST PARTY PUNCH RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
2021-12-22 To estimate how much punch a recipe will make: Keep in mind that there are 128 ounces in 1 gallon. Add up all of the liquid ingredients to estimate the recipe's total volume. …
BEST PUNCH RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
2021-05-24 Raspberry frosé. Fresh, zingy raspberries and a glug of delicate rosé wine are a match made in heaven. Blitz up a pitcher of this perfectly pink cocktail in a flash with just four …
10 CHRISTMAS PARTY PUNCH RECIPES EVERYONE WILL LOVE
2020-08-05 Coquito. The Spruce / Cara Cormack. Eggnog is a holiday favorite but not everyone is a fan of drinking eggs. Appeal to all of your guests with the coquito recipe. It's considered …
MAY WINE PUNCH RECIPE | SWEET WOODRUFF MAIBOWLE | GERMAN …
2015-04-24 Place a cooking spoon across the top of the bowl. Attach a string to the cooking spoon and hang the woodruff upside down into the wine. Ensure the roots and lower end of …
FRUITY PUNCH RECIPE - GREAT FOR PARTIES! - THE BUSY BAKER
2020-03-17 Instructions. Combine the cranberry juice, pineapple juice, frozen concentrate, ginger ale and ice cubes in a large pitcher or punch bowl. Add the ice (between 2 and 4 cups …
30 BRIDAL SHOWER PUNCH RECIPES THAT ARE TOTAL CROWD PLEASERS
2021-09-02 Related: 17 Fang-tastic Halloween Punch Bowl Recipes. Best Bridal Shower Punch Recipes. To this day, one of my favorite parts of my bridal shower was the punch we …
SUMMER PUNCH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Shivi Ramoutar's recipe for this classic Caribbean cocktail combines sweet and sour flavours for a fruity weekend tipple Peach punch A star rating of 4.6 out of 5. 5 ratings
35 EASY PUNCH RECIPES FOR PARTIES - INSANELY GOOD
2022-05-23 18. Fruity Pimms Punch. All you’ll need for this simple, four-ingredient punch is lemon juice, simple syrup, Pimm’s No. 1, and ginger ale. You can jazz it up with blood orange …
MONTGOMERY PUNCH RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Step 1. Stir together first 2 ingredients until sugar dissolves. Stir in brandy. Pour over Ice Ring in a punch bowl. Stir in sparkling and dessert wines. Advertisement.
34 EASY ALCOHOLIC PUNCH RECIPES TO START THE PARTY - SOUTHERN LIVING
2021-03-08 Credit: Johnny Autry; Prop and Food Styling: Charlotte L. Autry. Recipe: Pineapple-Sweet Tea Punch. Black iced-tea and pineapple juice come together to make the most …
TOP 10 EASY SUMMER PUNCH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
5. Rumberry punch. Believe it or not, dark rum and sharp cranberry juice are perfect partners in this three-ingredient cocktail punch. It's as simple as combining with ice and letting guests …
MAY POLE PUNCH – RECIPES NETWORK
2018-09-29 Step 1. Special equipment: small flower shaped cookie cutter. Step 2. Arrange a double-layer of peaches, whole strawberries, and mint leaves in the bottom of a bundt pan.
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love