RACHAEL'S SPRING MEATLOAF WITH MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS
Spring Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Peas
Provided by Rachael Ray
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the meat in a large bowl and season liberally with salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, soak the bread in the milk then crumble the bread into the meat
- Mix the scallion whites, parsley, mint, garlic, egg, lemon zest and a healthy drizzle of EVOO into the meat
- Separate the mixture into 4 equal portions
- Using your hands, form 4 mini loaves about 1 1/2-inches thick
- Place the loaves on the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven until cooked through, 15-18 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a pot, combine the potatoes and enough cold water to cover; bring to boil
- Salt the water and cook potatoes until tender, 15-20 minutes
- Drain the potatoes and return to the hot pot
- Add the half-and-half, scallion greens, and 2 tablespoons butter; mash to your desired consistency
- Season with salt and pepper then fold in the peas
- Cover the pan to keep warm
- In a small skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter
- Whisk the flour for 1 minutes then whisk in the beef stock (or consomm) and Worcestershire; season with pepper
- Cook to thicken the gravy for a couple of minutes, then whisk in the mustard
- Serve meatloaf with the mashed potatoes
- Top with gravy
MEATLOAF WITH MASHED POTATOES, PEAS AND BLUEBERRY APPLESAUCE RECIPE - (4.7/5)
Provided by debjones
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, minced onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red wine. Mix with hands until combined. Spread meat mixture in a 9"x9" ceramic pan. Then spread tomato sauce over meat. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven. Cook for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. With 40 minutes remaining, wash and quarter potatoes. Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water. Cook until soft. Drain water. Add butter and milk. Mash or whip with electric mixer. Place frozen peas in bowl. Cook per directions on package, usually between 8 to 10 minutes. Rinse blueberries and combine with applesauce. Serve meatloaf with potatoes, peas, and applesauce.
This recipe was given to me by my Mom a number of years ago. It tastes scrumptious either hot or cold. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes and green or yellow beans.
Provided by Nova Scotia Cook
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine all main ingredients for meatloaf and pack firmly into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Press apple rings into top of loaf.
- Brush with glaze made by mixing brown sugar, cloves& water.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour& 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291, Fat 14.6, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 110.7, Sodium 522, Carbohydrate 21, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 8.7, Protein 18.7
CHEESY APPLE AND OAT MEATLOAF
No one in our household liked meatloaf until I threw this together one day. Now even my picky 8-year-old will eat it! It is really moist which is why everyone likes it but has a bit of crust on outside.
Provided by MeggieSuzel
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the beef, pork, egg, apple, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl until evenly mixed. Add the Cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, and oats; mix again until evenly mixed. Pack the meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (72 degrees C). Allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing to keep the meat from crumbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 122.5 mg, Fat 22.5 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 507.4 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
I was given this recipe by my matron of honor more than 25 years ago. It is a family favorite. It is quite different from the usual meatloaf, sweet enough that the kids love it, but the Dijon mustard cuts the sweetness so adults will enjoy it as well.
Provided by Judy from Hawaii
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine meatloaf ingredients and shape into a round loaf in a 8 or 9" baking pan.
- Make a depression in the middle of the loaf.
- Combine filling ingredients& pour into depression in loaf.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
- If necessary, pour off grease before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.5, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 130, Sodium 215.5, Carbohydrate 21.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 4.2, Protein 23.8
ROASTED VEGETABLE MEATLOAF WITH MUSTARD MASHED POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine zucchini, peppers, and onions in medium bowl. Add oil and 1 tablespoon rosemary; toss to coat. Spread evenly on rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven; cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix ground beef, mozzarella, panko, basil, marjoram, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, dried crushed pepper, 1 tablespoon rosemary, and 1 cup roasted vegetables in large bowl. Whisk 1/2 cup ketchup, eggs, and wine in medium bowl. Add to beef mixture; stir with wooden spoon until well incorporated; spoon into 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, forming rounded top.
- Spoon 1/2 cup ketchup over top of loaf. Bake meatloaf until cooked through, juices run clear, and top is browned, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven; let meatloaf rest 20 minutes.
- Rewarm remaining vegetable mixture in large nonstick skillet. Turn meatloaf out; cut into 1-inch-thick slices. Top with warm roasted vegetable mixture; serve with mashed potatoes.
- *Flaky panko crumbs are the best substitute for fresh breadcrumbs in almost anything, including meatloaf. Look for them in the Asian foods section of the supermarket and at Asian markets.
MEATLOAF AND BUTTERMILK MASHED POTATOES
Our comforting menu of meatloaf and buttermilk mashed potatoes is as hearty as the diner original -- but better for you. Panko is sold in many international aisles; regular breadcrumbs can be swapped in, too.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a food processor, chop carrots, celery, onion, and panko with egg white until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl; mix in beef, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, form meat mixture into a 6-inch-long loaf; brush with half the barbecue sauce. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in loaf registers 160 degrees, 25 to 30 minutes, brushing halfway through with remaining sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with cold salted water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Stir over medium until a starchy film forms on bottom of pan, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; mash with buttermilk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- While potatoes cook, set a steamer basket in a saucepan filled with one inch water; bring to a gentle boil. Add green beans; cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; add oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss. Serve meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans.
MASHED POTATO MEAT LOAF
I created this recipe when my children were young and "meat loaf shy". They loved the potato surprise inside and the sauce that has a mild zip. Occasionally, I tuck canned green beans in the center of the potatoes to create a one-dish meal. -Dava Beck, Amarillo, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, bring water, milk, butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 30 seconds. Fluff with a fork; set aside., In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, green pepper, onion, pepper and remaining salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well., On a piece of waxed paper, pat beef mixture into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spoon mashed potatoes lengthwise down the center third to within 1 in. of edges. Bring long sides over potatoes to meet in center; seal seam and edges., Place seam side up in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes; drain. Pour V8 juice over loaf. Top with ketchup. , Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 991mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
MEATLOAF AND BAKED MASHED POTATOES
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat oven to 375 degrees. With a fork, pierce potatoes in several places. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake on lower rack until tender, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine bread and 1/4 cup milk. In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, garlic, parsley, egg, thyme, oregano, 3/4 cup marinara sauce, 2 teaspoons coarse salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and bread mixture. With a fork or your hands, mix very gently until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to a rimmed baking sheet, and gently shape into a 9-by-5-inch loaf, about 2 1/2 inches thick. Bake on upper rack 30 minutes; then spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce over meatloaf, and continue to bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degrees. 25 to 30 minutes more. Let meatloaf rest on baking sheet, loosely covered with aluminum foil, 10 minutes.
- While meatloaf rests, in a medium saucepan, bring butter and remaining 1 cup milk just to a boil. Add cooked potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove meatloaf from baking sheet. Slice; serve with mashed potatoes and remaining cup marinara sauce (heated, if desired).
POTATO-TOPPED MEATLOAF CASSEROLE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix meatloaf ingredients. Press in bottom and up sides of baking dish to within 1/2 inch of top.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water, butter and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in milk and dry potatoes just until moistened. Let stand about 30 seconds or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in broccoli and cheese. Spoon over meat shell.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked and meat thermometer inserted in center of meat reads 160°F. Let stand 5 minutes; drain liquid along edges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 840 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 1/2 g
MASHED POTATO STUFFED MEATLOAF CUPS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: potato, butter, salt, pepper, shredded parmesan cheese, milk, ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, onion powder, mustard powder, paprika, cooking oil, onion, garlic, ground beef, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, shredded parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, egg, panko breadcrumbs, milk
Provided by Claire Nolan
Yield 10 meatloaf cups
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Place cooked potatoes into a large bowl. Add butter, salt, pepper, parmesan, and a splash of milk. Mash and add more milk gradually until the potatoes are the desired texture. Set aside and let cool.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing ketchup, brown sugar, onion powder, mustard powder, and paprika in a bowl. Reserve half in a separate bowl to glaze once cooked.
- Add oil in a skillet over medium heat, followed by onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and fragrant. Set aside in a bowl to cool before adding to the meat mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, parmesan, parsley, cooled onions & garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and milk. Mix until combined.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, scoop the meat mixture and place into a greased 12 cup cupcake baking tin.
- Using your fingers, spread the meat from the center to make a cup. Fill the middle with a small spoonful of mashed potatoes, and cover back up with the meat mixture.
- Generously brush half of the reserved glaze on top of the meatloaf cups generously.
- Bake for 25 minutes, reapplying the glaze halfway through. Once they are done cooking, brush with the remaining glaze that has Not been used on the raw meatloaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 19 grams, Sugar 9 grams
GARLIC POTATO-TOPPED ITALIAN MEATLOAF
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in pasta sauce, bread crumbs, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and beef until well blended. Press mixture in bottom of baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F.
- Meanwhile, make potatoes as directed on pouch, using milk, water and butter.
- Spread mashed potatoes over meatloaf; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until top begins to brown. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 2 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1080 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1 g
BABY RED MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS WITH SPRING MEATLOAF
A tasty meatloaf made of your choice of lamb or beef is served with mashed potatoes flavored with green onions and fresh peas for a colorful meal perfect for springtime.
Provided by Idahoan
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the meat in a large bowl and season liberally with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, soak the bread in the milk, then crumble the bread into the meat. Mix the scallion whites, parsley, mint, garlic, egg, lemon zest and a healthy drizzle of olive oil into the meat. Using your hands, form 4 mini loaves about 1 1/2-inch thick or shape into one large loaf.
- Place the meatloaf on the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven until cooked through, about 15-18 minutes. Prepare Idahoan Baby Reds following package instructions. Stir in half and half, butter, scallions and peas. Serve hot with meatloaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 174.7 mg, Fat 30.8 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 36.3 g, SaturatedFat 13.4 g, Sodium 384.4 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
More about "meatloaf with mashed potatoes peas and blueberry applesauce recipe 475"
DAY 294: MEATLOAF, (S)MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS
Reviews 18Category Beef & Bison
BABY RED MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS WITH SPRING MEATLOAF RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF WITH MASHED POTATOES, BROWN GRAVY AND …
MEATLOAF & MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
RECIPE: CHICKEN MEATLOAF WITH MASHED POTATOES & GARLIC SUGAR …
SPRING MEATLOAF WITH MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS | RACHAEL …
SLOW COOKER MEATLOAF AND BUTTERMILK MASHED POTATOES
THE (MOSTLY) UNINTIMIDATED COOK: MEATLOAF, MASHED POTATOES AND …
MOIST APPLESAUCE MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MASHED POTATO-TOPPED MEATLOAF - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
MEATLOAF, MASHED POTATOES, AND PEAS - TIM & VICTOR'S TOTALLY …
BEST MEATLOAF WITH MASHED POTATOES | CANADIAN GOODNESS
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE STUFFED WITH MASH POTATOES - REAL FOOD BY …
BABY RED MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS WITH SPRING MEATLOAF
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
EASY MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES - URBAN BLISS LIFE
LOADED MASHED POTATO MEATLOAF CASSEROLE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN …
MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE, MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS RECIPE …
MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES WITH PEAS AND CARROTS
10 BEST MASHED POTATO FLAKES MEATLOAF RECIPES - YUMMLY
STUFFED MEATLOAF WITH MASHED POTATOES RECIPES
MEAT LOAF AND MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
MEATLOAF...MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS. | FOOD, MEATLOAF, FOODIE
MEATLOAF WITH GRAVY, MASHED POTATOES, PEAS & “IGRILL”
MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
MEATLOAF AND BAKED MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | PBS FOOD
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH POTATOES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BABY RED MASHED POTATOES AND PEAS WITH SPRING MEATLOAF PHOTOS …
INSTANT POT MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
EASY MEATLOAF MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE - HAWAIIAN FOOD RECIPES
MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
MEATLOAF AND BUTTERMILK MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - DELISH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook snap peas and garlic in meatloaf?While the meatloaf rests, in the pan used to cook the aromatics, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium until hot. Add the snap peas and remaining garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened and the snap peas are bright green.
Is meatloaf and mashed potatoes with potatoes a good combo?While the meatloaf and potatoes are fine on their own you will want to add some vegetables to stretch the meal and put some color on your plate. I went with some simple steamed mixed veggies but a Caesar salad would have also been great. Is the Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes Good?
How do you serve meatloaf with parsley?Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a serving dish. Slice the rested meatloaf crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish the sliced meatloaf, cooked snap peas and mashed potatoes with the remaining parsley.
What is the best way to cook a meatloaf?Join the conversation! Combine meatloaf ingredients and shape into a round loaf in a 8 or 9" baking pan. Make a depression in the middle of the loaf. Combine filling ingredients& pour into depression in loaf. Bake at 350 for one hour.