A dear friend gave me this delicious frittata recipe. It is wonderful to serve for a Saturday breakfast when you can sit and enjoy and your meal and not rush out the door in order to miss the morning traffic.
Provided by Chef Buggsy Mate
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook the first four ingredients in hot oil in a 10" oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until vegetables are tender.
- Combine eggs and next four ingredients, pour over vegetables in skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 10-12 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5-1/2" from heat with oven door partially open 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Cut frittata into wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.5, Fat 22.8, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 301.8, Sodium 656.5, Carbohydrate 5.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 3.4, Protein 15.3
MUFFIN PAN FRITTATAS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus, green bell pepper, and onion in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Mix cooked vegetables and Cheddar cheese into egg mixture. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven until frittatas are set in the middle and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 92.5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.5 g, Cholesterol 103.7 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 146.5 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in red peppers and olives. Place bread cubes in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with onion mixture and cheese. , In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, broth and pepper; pour over cheese. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Nutrition Facts :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch round pan.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes into a bowl of warm water until rehydrated, about 10 minutes. Drain and chop.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir until thawed and water is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese until well mixed.
- Whisk egg whites, skim milk, salt, pepper, and basil together in a bowl until very frothy. Carefully stir spinach mixture and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese into egg mixture. Pour into the prepared pan; top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until frittata is set and browned on top, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 16.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 1145.8 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
People also searched
More about "mediterranean frittata recipes"
BEST FETA AND SPINACH FRITTATA RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
5/5 (3)Total Time 22 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 152 per serving
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet (or oven-safe skillet), heat 2 tbsp olive oil until shimmering but not smoking. Pour in the egg mixture. Give the skillet a gentle shake to allow the egg mixture to spread well. Cook on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes or so allowing the bottom of the eggs to settle. Transfer to heated oven to finish cooking (bake for 8 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and the top is firm and no longer runny.)
SLOW-COOKER FRITTATA RECIPE - PUREWOW
2.8/5 Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsServings 6
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and oregano to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the baby arugula, roasted red peppers, red onion and goat cheese in the slow cooker. Pour the eggs over the vegetables.
MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE FRITTATA RECIPE | THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory Breakfast MealsCalories 153 per serving See details »
DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN FRITTATA RECIPE | EGG RECIPES
Cuisine ItalianCategory Breakfast, Main Course, Main or SideServings 6Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and red peppers and saute for 10 minutes over medium to medium low heat, until they are softened and the moisture from the mushrooms is evaporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, red pepper, cheese, tomato, basil, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into lightly greased 8x8 inch (20.5 x 20.5 cm) or large round pie plate baking dish and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until frittata is cooked through.
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA - CHATELAINE
3.7/5 (42)Estimated Reading Time 40 secsServings 4 See details »
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA | IGA RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 20 mins See details »
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA | FEELGOODFOODIE
5/5 (17)Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Heat olive oil in a large (10-inch) oven safe pan or cast iron pan. Add green onions and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add the spinach and garlic, and cook until the spinach starts to wilt, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the cooked vegetables. Add half the feta cheese and half the sundried tomatoes.
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA - A CEDAR SPOON
Reviews 2Servings 6Cuisine MediterraneanCategory Breakfast
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add your whole milk and salt and whisk until the egg yolks and whites are blended.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12″ non-stick skillet or cast iron skillet. Add the red onion, bell pepper and carrots and cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
VEGETARIAN MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA RECIPE WITH FETA - EAT ...
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Dish / BreakfastServings 3Total Time 45 mins
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add sliced potatoes. Cook ~ 6-8 minutes or until firm but done (remember you are going to bake it again so you want al dente). Drain and set aside.
- In greased pan, layer the potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, olives, capers, and feta. Add eggs on top of everything and gently push any ingredients sticking up into the eggs (it's ok if stuff is still sticking out, it will just get drier - see picture).
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 mins
- Preheat broiler. In a large broilerproof skillet cook onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons hot oil until onion is just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat together eggs and half-and-half. Stir in feta cheese, roasted sweet pepper, olives (if desired), basil, and black pepper. Pour egg mixture over onion mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist). Reduce heat as necessary to prevent overcooking.
- In a bowl combine crushed croutons, Parmesan cheese, and the remaining tablespoon of oil; sprinkle mixture over frittata.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until top is set and crumbs are golden. Cut frittata in wedges to serve. If desired, garnish with fresh basil leaves. Makes 6 servings.
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 30 mins
- Cook first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a 10" ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender.
- Combine eggs and next 4 ingredients; pour into skillet over vegetables. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 10 to 12 minutes or until almost set. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5 1/2" from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Cut frittata into wedges; garnish, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA | COOKING WITH AYEH
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine Mediterranean
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F and spray an oven dish with olive oil, making sure to spray the sides and edges.
- Prepare vegetables by slicing cherry tomatoes in halves, red onion into small cubes, olives in halves, and roughly chop the spinach
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA | FORK IN THE KITCHEN
Category BreakfastEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat an oven-safe skillet (preferably a cast iron skillet), over medium heat and add ghee. Add garlic and dash of red pepper flakes, cook for 1 minute. Next, add the mushrooms, cook for 1-2 minutes; add spinach, onion powder, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until wilted and mushrooms are soft. Add sun-dried tomatoes. Remove from heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and place immediately in the oven. Bake for 14-17 minutes until eggs are set. If your frittata develops an air bubble, let it be. It will deflate as it cools once cooked.
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE FRITTATA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (4)Total Time 14 minsServings 4
- Heat oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. While oil heats, coarsely chop spinach and finely chop onions. Combine egg whites, eggs, cheese, Greek seasoning, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add spinach and onions, stirring well.
- Add egg mixture to pan; cook until edges begin to set, about 2 minutes. Gently lift edge of egg mixture, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Cook 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until center is set. Transfer the frittata to a serving platter immediately; cut into 4 wedges.
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA - BOOTS & HOOVES HOMESTEAD
5/5 (1)Category BreakfastCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. While oven is preheating, heat up your cast iron skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Slice up onion into half moon shape. So, cut it in half and then slice it long ways. And add the onions to the preheated cast iron skillet with butter.
- Sauté the onions until they start to become translucent and soft.While the onions are cooking, prepare the egg mixture.
- In a In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and salt. Shred the entire block of cheese and fold into the egg mixture.Slice the garlic thinly and add to the skillet. Give a quick toss. Add the artichoke hearts.
SPINACH FRITTATA WITH A MEDITERRANEAN TWIST | A MIND "FULL ...
4.9/5 (9)Servings 6Cuisine MediterraneanCategory Breakfast
- Whisk up eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano until well combined. Add in spinach, tomatoes, feta, olives, and mix well.
MINI FRITTATAS RECIPE - FOODIECRUSH
3.7/5 (31)Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
EASY MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE FRITTATA RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
4.6/5 (5)Category Breakfast, Brunch, Main CourseCuisine ItalianTotal Time 29 mins See details »
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA RECIPE | HEALTH.COM
Servings 4Total Time 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add potatoes; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add broccoli and garlic to potatoes in skillet; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is bright green and tender, about 3 more minutes. Stir in pepper strips, olives, and dill. Pour egg mixture into skillet, and increase heat to medium-high; cook, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set around edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with feta, and bake in preheated oven until set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, shallot, crushed red pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon oil until dressing is thoroughly combined. Drizzle frittata with dressing, and garnish with chopped fresh dill. Serve immediately.
MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE FRITTATA - HOW TO MAKE A VEGETABLE ...
4.9/5 (10)Category DinnerCuisine ItalianTotal Time 45 mins See details »
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.8/5 (5)Total Time 1 min See details »
FRITTATA RECIPES: HOW TO MAKE A FRITTATA WITH CANNED FOODS ...
Author Jaime Osnato See details »
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA | RECIPE | MEDITERRANEAN DIET ...
See details »
MEDITERRANEAN FRITTATA | RECIPE | RECIPES, FRITTATA ...
See details »
You'll also love