- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add more oil as needed.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, basil, and capers. Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavors to blend.
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat; add salt. Add beans; simmer until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Plunge beans into ice-water bath to stop the cooking; let cool completely in water. Drain.
- Toss together green beans, fennel, onion, olives, feta, oil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; season with pepper. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on a baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until bread darkens, about 3 minutes per side. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes; add to salad, and toss to combine.
Dinner ready in 10 minutes! Serve this delicious salad made using bread, tomatoes and cucumber. Perfect if you love Mediterranean cuisine.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In large bowl, mix oil, vinegar, pepper and salt with wire whisk. Stir in tomatoes, cucumber, olives and basil. Add bread and cheese; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Carbohydrate 42 g, Fat 2, Fiber 7 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 630 mg
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread cubes and sprinkle with salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until nicely browned. Add more olive oil as needed.
- Place the cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper in a small bowl. While still whisking, add the olive oil and make an emulsion. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables. Add the feta, olives and bread cubes and mix together lightly. Set aside for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA SALAD
The vinaigrette in this classic Italian bread and vegetable salad is replaced with a creamy ranch and curry dressing.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix dressing and curry powder until blended.
- Combine cheese, cucumbers, olives, onions and radishes in large bowl. Add dressing mixture; mix lightly.
- Add greens and pita pieces just before serving; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 700 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 11 g
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN PANZANELLA SALAD
Here's a better-for-you take on the classic panzanella salad, made with whole wheat pita bread, chicken and lots of veggies.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings, 1 cup each.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place pita halves in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 4 to 5 min. on each side or until crisp and lightly browned on both sides. Cool.
- Combine next 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Crumble pitas over salad. Mix dressing and lemon juice. Add to salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Fat 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 13 g
Prepare your own version of one of Tuscany's most famous dishes, panzanella. It's a good way to use up leftovers, as it's made with stale bread - simply toss with ripe tomatoes and an olive oil dressing
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Lunch, Side dish, Starter
Yield Serves 4-6
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the tomatoes in a colander and sprinkle over 1 tsp sea salt, then leave to sit for 15 mins.
- Spread the chunks of bread out on a baking tray and toss with 1 tbsp of the oil. Bake for 10-15 mins, or until lightly toasted.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining oil, the vinegar and shallot. Season to taste. Toss the anchovies with the tomatoes, croutons, olive oil dressing, the olives and half the basil in a large bowl. Spoon the panzanella onto a serving plate and top with the remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 2.3 milligram of sodium
More about "mediterranean panzanella recipes"
CLASSIC TUSCAN-STYLE PANZANELLA SALAD - THE GOOD HEARTED …
Reviews 2Category Main Dish, SaladCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 1 hr
- Gather and prep ingredients. Turn on broiler. Cover a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat mat.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over bread cubes and toss to coat. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Place bread cubes on prepared baking sheet under broiler, about 8-inches from the heat. (Not the closest rack to the element.) Leave the door open and keep an eye on them. When you begin to see the bread cube tips turning golden, take them out. This should take about 3 minutes or less. Using a spatula or tongs, toss the cubes again and put them back into the oven. Continue to toast until they are gently toasted thorough: about another 3 minutes. When bread cubes are toasted, remove from baking sheet and set aside. Preheat oven to 400°F | 205°C.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced onion, eggplants, squash and half of the sliced tomatoes. (Reserve the other half of the tomatoes for later.) Drizzle 2 tablespoons each olive oil and balsamic vinegar over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
PANZANELLA SALAD (BREAD AND TOMATO SALAD) RECIPE - THE …
4.7/5 (42)Calories 82 per servingCategory Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes with large drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a generous pinch of kosher salt. Toss to make sure the bread is well coated (save the bowl for later use). Spread the bread cubes on a sheet pan and bake in heated oven for about 10 minutes or until golden (the edges should get crisp, while the bread gains some color and crisp but remains still a bit chewy).
- Place a large colander over the same mixing bowl. Place the tomatoes in the colander and sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss briefly with your hand. Set aside for a few minutes to allow the tomatoes to release their juices in the mixing bowl.
- When ready, move the colander with the tomatoes to the sink for now, and use the mixing bowl with the tomato juice to make the dressing. Add red wine, ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, garlic cloves, Dijon mustard, thyme, and a large pinch of black pepper. Whisk to combine.
MICHELIN-STARRED CHEF JUN TANAKA’S PANZANELLA RECIPE — FOUR …
MEDITERRANEAN BREAKFAST PANZANELLA - BOOTS & HOOVES HOMESTEAD
MEDITERRANEAN PITA PANZANELLA | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
MEDITERRANEAN BREAD SALAD - THE TRAVEL PALATE
CHICKPEA PANZANELLA RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
SUMMER PANZANELLA WITH GARLIC BUTTER BREAD - EATING …
PANZANELLA SALAD RECIPE - ITALIAN KITCHEN CONFESSIONS
THE BEST PASTA PUTTANESCA RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
PANZANELLA - 3 DIFFERENT RECIPES - TRADITIONAL, ROMAN
TUSCAN PANZANELLA PRIMER - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
CLASSIC PANZANELLA SALAD (TUSCAN-STYLE TOMATO AND BREAD …
PANZANELLA SALAD WITH THE BEST DRESSING (+AND THE KEY NON …
WHOLE WHEAT MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GREEK PANZANELLA SALAD WITH GARLIC LEMON VINAIGRETTE
MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
SIMPLE MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA - SARCASTIC COOKING
ITALIAN BREAD SALAD (PANZANELLA) - BIANCA ZAPATKA | RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN DIET PANZANELLA WITH FRUIT - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
PANZANELLA (TUSCAN TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD) RECIPE - BBC FOOD
VEGETARIAN MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA RECIPE - CLEAN EATING
ITALIAN BREAD SALAD | JAMIE OLIVER SUMMER SALAD RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE PANZANELLA | ALLRECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA SALAD - JENNIFER MEYERING
MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA SALAD - THE NOSHERY
GREEK-STYLE PANZANELLA BREAD SALAD RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
PANZANELLA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
RECIPE: GREEK PANZANELLA | KITCHN
PANZANELLA (ITALIAN TOMATO & BREAD SALAD) | RECIPETIN EATS
MEDITERRANEAN PEPPER PANZANELLA - STAR FINE FOODS
LAYERED PANZANELLA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
SPRING PANZANELLA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
TRADITIONAL PANZANELLA - TUSCAN TOMATO AND BREAD SALAD
AMAZING TUSCAN PANZANELLA SALAD – A FEAST OF FLAVOUR!
MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA SALAD WITH BUTTER-FRIED CROUTONS
SOURDOUGH PANZANELLA BREAD SALAD - VEGGIES SAVE THE DAY
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | PANZANELLA | RECIPES
PANZANELLA FOR ONE RECIPE - PUREWOW
MEDITERRANEAN PANZANELLA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
BEST EVER PANZANELLA RECIPE (CLASSIC ITALIAN SALAD ... - A COUPLE …
You'll also love