CHERRY NUT SCONES
Scones are great for a wonderful breakfast treat or on lazy weekends. Serve hot from the oven with your choice of spreads. Developed for RSC #12.
Provided by PaulaG
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or lightly oil; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flours, Splenda, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the mascarpone cheese and butter; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolk, yogurt, milk and extract; add the creamed mixture to the flour mixture; mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of flour over the cherries and pecans, toss to coat.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead gently, kneading in additional flour if needed along with cherries and pecans; place the kneaded dough onto prepared pan and pat into a 6 inches circle, cut into eight wedges; brush with egg white; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with additional mascarpone cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189.2, Fat 6, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 28.5, Sodium 186.4, Carbohydrate 29.6, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 4.1, Protein 5.3
DRIED CHERRY SCONES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven: 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender. Combine wet ingredients and mix into dry just until moistened. Add cherries. Mixture will be very sticky. Turn onto floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times with floured hands. Pat out to 1/2-inch thick and cut circles. Brush tops with egg wash. Sprinkle tops with sugar and sliced almonds. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
Bake up a batch of these tender, cherry-studded scones flavored with orange.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 scones
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Work the butter into the flour mixture with your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. Stir in the cherries and orange zest.
- Beat together 1 of the eggs and 4 tablespoons of the heavy cream in a small bowl. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a fork until the dough just comes together. If the dough seems dry, add the remaining 1 tablespoon heavy cream.
- Dust a work surface with flour. Turn the dough out onto the floured surface. Pat into a disk about 7 inches wide and about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out rounds using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Gather and reroll the scraps and repeat. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl. Brush the scones with the egg. Bake until golden brown, about 14 minutes.
These classic bakery treats couldn't be easier to make at home. Simple swaps take them in new directions, so try Cream Scones with Currants, Chocolate-Coconut Scones, Lemon-Ginger Scones, or Blueberry-Almond Scones.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 6
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together 3/4 cup cream and egg. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Stir in hazelnuts and cherries. With a fork, stir in cream mixture until just combined. (The dough should be crumbly; do not overwork.)
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and pat into a 6-inch circle. Cut into 6 wedges and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar, if desired. Bake until golden, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590 g, Fat 36 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 16 g
MERRY CHRISTMAS SCONES
I keep a supply of scones in my freezer to pull out and glaze for drop-in holiday guests. They taste great alongside coffee or hot chocolate.-Joan Pecsek, Chesapeake, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggnog just until moistened. Stir in pecans and candied cherries. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate. , Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over scones. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 235mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add butter and pulse 3 to 6 times until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in cherries and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and cream. Add to flour mixture; stir gently with a fork until mixture just comes together. If dough seems too dry, add a splash of cream; mixture should not be too sticky.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Shape dough into a 6-inch circle, about 1 inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 8 equal wedges. Place scones on prepared baking sheet; lightly brush tops with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let cool slightly on baking sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Scones are best eaten the day they are made.
ROYAL CHERRY SCONES
Royal cherry scones were on the breakfast table each and every morning while in New Zealand. I asked if I may have the recipe, and the chef said to just follow any scones recipe and add fresh cherries at the end of the recipe. This is my own recipe. I hope you enjoy my delicious homemade scones.
Provided by Prancalot
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place a baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- Rub 1/4 cup butter into flour in a bowl until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in sugar. Stir cherries into flour mixture until evenly distributed; mix in wheat germ.
- Mix milk into dough and knead lightly until just smooth. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to approximately 3/4-inch thickness. Stamp out crescent shapes using a 2 1/2-inch fluted cutter, kneading, re-rolling, and cutting dough until it is all used up.
- Place scones on the preheated baking sheet; brush tops with 2 tablespoons milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve immediately; split scones and spread with remaining butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.3 g, Cholesterol 21.6 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 140 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
CHERRY CREAM SCONES
Serve these for breakfast or a brunch. They're also a great after-school snack. They freeze well besides-simply thaw, warm and serve when you need them. We live in a cherry-producing region-and every guest expects to find some on our table! My husband and I have three children...20,11 and 9.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 scones.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Soak cherries in water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar. With a pastry blender, cut in the butter. Set aside. , Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk, sour cream, cream and extract. Add to flour mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently six to eight times. Knead in cherries. , Divide dough in half and shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 6-in. circle. Cut into six wedges. Repeat with remaining ball. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Beat the egg white until foamy; brush tops of scones and sprinkle with sugar. , Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 294mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
MERRY CHERRY - NUT YEAST SCONES
- In a small bowl combine warm water, yeast and sugar and let proof 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add in yeast mixture and buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cherries and walnuts, cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 48 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 3 - 4 times. Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a 2 inch round cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with Mock Devonshire Cream and, if desired, jelly.
- MOCK DEVONSHIRE CREAM: In a mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at high speed until fluffy.
- Add Cool Whip and beat at medium speed until blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4751.4, Fat 254.7, SaturatedFat 58.6, Cholesterol 19.6, Sodium 7536, Carbohydrate 526, Fiber 24.6, Sugar 35.1, Protein 95.4
More about "merry cherry nut yeast scones recipes"
MERRY CRANBERRY-NUT YEAST SCONES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MARY BERRY CHEESE SCONES | EASY RECIPE | COOKING WITH MY KIDS
CHERRY SCONES WITH SASKATCHEWAN SOUR CHERRIES - BS IN THE KITCHEN
SOURDOUGH DISCARD SCONES - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
CREAM SCONES - EASY RECIPE! - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
MERRY CHERRY COCKTAIL - THE OLD HEN
MARY BERRY SCONES COLLECTION – SATURDAY KITCHEN RECIPES
MERRY CRANBERRY-NUT YEAST SCONES RECIPE
MARY BERRY CHERRY SCONES: SIMPLE 15 MINUTE RECIPE - AMI ROSE
CHERRY-GINGER SCONES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FRESH CHERRY COBBLER SCONES - BE HAPPY AND DO GOOD
10 BEST YEAST SCONES RECIPES | YUMMLY
MERRY CRANBERRY NUT YEAST SCONES RECIPE
MERRY CHERRY - NUT YEAST SCONES RECIPE
MERRY CRANBERRY-NUT YEAST SCONES - ENGLISH RECIPES
CHERRY WALNUT SCONES - STETTED
CHERRY SCONE RECIPE - STARK BRO'S
BEST COOKING CHEESE RECIPES: CHERRY NUT SCONES
MARY BERRY'S SCONES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CLASSIC MARY BERRY SCONES RECIPE (+ TIPS) - INTO THE COOKIE JAR
CHERRY SCONES - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
SWEET CHERRY SCONES | FOODLAND ONTARIO
RECIPE: CHERRY NUT SCONES WITH NUT STREUSEL STEP BY
MERRY CHERRY SCONES RECIPE | RECIPE | CHERRY SCONES, CHERRY …
WALNUT CHERRY SCONES - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
CHERRY NUT SCONES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
TART CHERRY SCONES (PREMIUM) – FARM FRESH FOR LIFE – REAL FOOD FOR ...
CHERRY CHOCOLATE SCONES - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
CHERRY ALMOND SCONES - MERRY ABOUT TOWN
CHERRY COCONUT SCONES - HEATHER CHRISTO
HOMEMADE YEAST SCONES WITH CINNAMON HONEY BUTTER - JAMIE …
DRIED-CHERRY SCONES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
CHERRY SCONES RECIPE - WHERE IS MY SPOON
CHRISTMAS CHERRY SCONES - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
SOUR CHERRY & WALNUT SCONES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
MOIST DRIED CHERRY SCONES RECIPE — THE MOM 100
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to bake Cherry scones?Using a 5cm cutter, cut into around 20 circles. 4. Arrange the scones onto your prepared baking trays and brush the tops with the milk and egg mixture you put aside. Bake for 10-15 minutes until well risen and golden. Enjoy… Will you be having a go at making these simple Cherry Scones?
How to bake scones in the oven?Cut into as many rounds as possible with a fluted 5cm/2in cutter and place them on the prepared baking trays. Brush the tops of the scones with a little extra milk, or any egg and milk left in the jug. Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until the scones are well risen and a pale, golden-brown colour. Lift onto a wire rack to cool. Eat as fresh as possible.
What equipment do I need to make Mary Berry scones?Mary Berry's scones are the perfect easy tea-time treat, whether jam-and-cream-topped (in whichever order you like), plain or packed with sultanas. Equipment: You will need a fluted 5cm/2in cutter. Read more about sharing. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.