MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFAST BURRITOS
Burritos for breakfast? Why not! These zesty little handfuls will wake up your taste buds and start your day with a smile. And you can make and freeze them ahead, then just pop them into the microwave for a quick meal. -Linda Wells, St. Mary's, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 burritos.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, onion and pepper; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir until set., Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with picante sauce and sour cream if desired., To freeze and reheat burritos: Wrap each burrito in waxed paper and foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. To use, remove foil and waxed paper. Place 1 burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/4 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°, turning burrito over once. Let stand for 20 seconds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 521mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS
Easy and delicious breakfast fare. These freeze well so make a bunch for later. I cook by look, I don't measure but these amounts should be pretty close.
Provided by CaribbeanQueen
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. When done, drain and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs with the milk to make them fluffy. Place in a bowl.
- In the same pan used for the eggs, fry the pork sausage. Drain the fat. Set the pork aside.
- In the same pan, fry the chorizo. Drain the fat. Add to the cooked pork sausage.
- Together, saute the bell pepper, the onion and the jalapeno until the onions are transparent. Blend in the sausage mix. Take off the heat.
- Heat tortillas in covered container in microwave for about 10 seconds. Heat long enough to just make them more pliable.
- To each tortilla, add small amounts of egg, potato, sausage mixture and cheese. Fold like an envelope. Wrap individually in a square of tinfoil.
- If eating right away, re-heat in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes.
- If not eating promtly, freeze for later. Re-heat before eating.
- Serve with sour cream, hot sauce and salsa.
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITO
A peppery, vegetarian take on an enduring favorite -- the breakfast burrito! Oaxaca cheese has a similar texture to mozzarella and melts beautifully.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 burritos
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the eggs and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine; set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and add to the skillet in a single even layer. Cook until golden and crispy on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip with a heatproof spatula and drizzle 2 more tablespoons oil around the edge of the skillet, giving the skillet a good shake once all the oil is in. (This allows you to use less oil while still getting a crispy potato cake.) Continue cooking until golden and crispy on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread 4 tortillas out on a clean work surface and put 1/2 cup cheese in the middle of each. Using the spatula, break the potato cake into 4 pieces and place on top of the cheese. Wipe the skillet out, return to the heat and add 1 tablespoon oil, then the onion and poblanos. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are just set but still moist, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the tortillas and wipe out the skillet. Return the skillet to the heat and reduce it to medium-low.
- Fold the sides of each tortilla in, then roll each one up into a burrito. Brush the burritos all over with the remaining tablespoon oil and put them in the skillet seam-side down. Cook until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes, then flip and repeat on the opposite side. Serve with sour cream and hot sauce on the side.
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITO RECIPE
- Fry bacon until crispy, remove and drain on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, chop into 1" sections. Drain the bacon grease from the pan, leaving approximately two teaspoons.
- Cook potato according to your microwave settings. Peel and chop into ½" cubes. Sprinkle potatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper, then fry in the bacon grease for a few minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of chopped onions to the pan (reserving one tablespoon for later). Add peppers and cook for a few more minutes, followed by the garlic. Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, season with a small amount of salt and pepper, then pour over the mixture in the pan, along with the bacon. Stir to incorporate the ingredients. When the eggs are almost set, stir in the cheese, and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until the eggs are cooked, and the cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortilla over a flame to soften and to slightly char. Spread the sour cream in a line going down the center of the tortilla.
- Add eggs over the sour cream. Top with the remaining onions, diced avocado, and cilantro (if you're lucky to have some on hand).
- Drizzle with your favorite hot sauce. Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Roll up tightly into a burrito and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 burrito, Calories 823 kcal, Carbohydrate 82 g, Protein 38 g, Fat 40 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Cholesterol 423 mg, Sodium 1312 mg, Fiber 9 g, Sugar 15 g
A burrito is a delicious, portable answer to breakfast. All of the elements are snugly wrapped in a tortilla, keeping everything warmer longer when you're taking it to go. Let your littlest chefs help crack and beat the eggs or shred the cheese. When everything is cooked, enlist their help again to assemble and roll up the burritos.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the pico de gallo: Combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, onions, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the burritos: Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking it up, until it is slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Add the hash browns to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until frothy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a couple dashes of hot sauce. Pour the eggs over the hash and cook, stirring, until the eggs are fluffy and just set, about 3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and keep warm. Wipe out the skillet and return it to the heat.
- Warm the tortillas one at a time in the skillet.
- Build the burrito by layering the avocado, egg mixture, about a tablespoon of pico de gallo and a sprinkle of cheese. Fold in the two sides and roll up tightly. Garnish with the reserved cilantro leaves and serve with additional pico de gallo and hot sauce on the side.
More about "mexican breakfast burritos recipes"
THE BEST MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
30 MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPES TO START THE DAY OFF RIGHT
25 BEST MEXICAN BREAKFAST IDEAS (WITH RECIPES) FOR …
20+ MARVELOUS MEXICAN BREAKFAST IDEAS (+RECIPES)
BREAKFAST BURRITO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
44 BREAKFAST BURRITO RECIPES - FOOD.COM
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS | READY SET EAT
BREAKFAST BURRITOS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
NEW MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS – WE ARE NOT FOODIES
MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPES THAT AREN'T JUST BURRITOS
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS | FOOD FOR NET
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITO - CLEAN EATING WITH KIDS
- While the spices are cooking, whisk your eggs in a bowl, adding 4 tbsp of water. This stops the eggs scrambling too much while you’re cooking them
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS RECIPE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine SouthwestCategory Sandwiches, Wraps, And TortillasServings 9
THE BEST OF MEXICAN CUISINE: MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS …
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS - JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS | ONCE A MONTH MEALS
BREAKFAST BURRITO - COOKING MEXICAN RECIPES
BREAKFAST MEXICAN BURRITOS WITH SALSA | CAROLINA® RICE
MIGAS (MEXICAN BREAKFAST EGG SKILLET) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
20 MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPES (+ EASY IDEAS) - INSANELY GOOD
EASY BREAKFAST BURRITOS - CRAZY FOR CRUST
BURRITOS | RECIPETIN EATS
MEXICAN TACO BREAKFAST BURRITO [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
CHORIZO BREAKFAST BURRITOS | MEXICAN PLEASE
NEW MEXICAN–STYLE BREAKFAST BURRITOS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS | KEVIN IS COOKING
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS (FOR YOUR FREEZER) - 100 DAYS OF REAL FOOD
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS | RECIPES | WW USA
BURRITO-TRADITIONAL MEXICAN BREAKFAST - LOS FOODIES MAGAZINE
MEXICAN SHREDDED BEEF BREAKFAST BURRITOS | MAGNOLIA DAYS
MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST BURRITOS - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD EL PASO
CHORIZO BREAKFAST BURRITOS RECIPE: A DELIGHTFUL MEXICAN DELICACY!
14 MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPES TO WAKE YOU UP!
EASY VEGAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS (9 INGREDIENTS!) - THE VEGAN 8
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITO RECIPE WITH SHRIMP
NEW MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
18 BEST MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPES TO KICK-START YOUR MORNINGS
FROZEN MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS | NEIGHBORFOOD
MEXICAN BREAKFAST BURRITO BOWLS! | FEASTING AT HOME
HEALTHY MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPES | EATINGWELL
BREAKFAST BURRITOS - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD EL PASO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breakfast #lunch #eggs-dairy #pork #mexican #dietary #meat #brunch
You'll also love