MARINATED CARROT SALAD
This is a nice change from the ordinary vegetable salads to accompany a turkey or ham dinner. The dressing on this salad makes a delicious marinade for broiled or grilled meats.
Provided by TIA_DAWN
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add carrots and simmer until tender, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add carrots, celery, onion and pepper and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow carrots to marinate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 303.9 mg, Sugar 15 g
AUNT DOROTHY'S MARINATED CARROT SALAD
This has been a family favorite for years. The key to this recipe is not overcooking the carrots and allowing the entire salad to marinate for at least 12 hours. For a spectacular presentation when serving, garnish the top with rings of each color of bell pepper and rings of onion. Serve alone or over a bed of lettuce.
Provided by Scott
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the carrots in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until carrots are tender. Do not over cook, the carrots should be firm but easy to bite into. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In the container of a food processor or blender, combine the tomato soup, sugar, oil, vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt and mustard powder. Blend for about 3 minutes or until creamy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the carrots, green, red and yellow bell peppers and onion. Toss with the dressing, cover and refrigerate overnight. The longer this salad is allowed to sit, the better it is.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, Carbohydrate 29.3 g, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 379.7 mg, Sugar 22.8 g
CARROT SALAD WITH MINT, HONEY AND LEMON
- Add the honey, lemon juice, olive oil, water and mint to a blender. Puree until smooth, 30-60 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, mint, lemon zest and dressing. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably for a few hours so the flavors have a chance to mingle.
- Before serving, you can optionally garnish with a small sprinkle of additional fresh mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Fat 7 g, Sodium 1 mg, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CARROT MINT SALAD WITH HONEY LIME DRESSING
- Whisk together the honey, zest, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly add in olive oil while continuing to whisk until the dressing is combined.
- Grate the carrots using a box grater or shredding blade of a food processor. Add the carrots and mint to the dressing and toss to combine.
CARROT, GREEN APPLE AND MINT SALAD
- Fold a full sheet of paper towel into quarters and place it in a small bowl. Spoon the yogurt on top of the paper towel. Place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes so the yogurt can drain and thicken.
- In a small bowl whisk together the thickened yogurt and the mayonnaise, until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice, vinegar, and honey.
- Grate first the carrots and then the apples in a food processor. Transfer them to a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss. Add the mint and season with salt.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136 calorie, Fat 6 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 3 milligrams, Sodium 294 milligrams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 13 grams
- Place a rimmed baking sheet on the lowest rack of oven, and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Drizzle hot sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Carefully arrange carrots in a single layer on sheet, and drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, shaking sheet to coat carrots. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until tender and deep golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle mint over carrots, and serve immediately.
BUTTERY MINT CARROTS
I reworked an old recipe to blend mint (traditionally a complement to lamb) with buttery-sweet carrots. This quick way of dressing up carrots makes a colorful accompaniment for other meats as well.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add carrots; cook until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the sugar and mint until blended. Return carrots to pan; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until carrots are tender and evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 237mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ORANGE BLOSSOM MINTED CARROT RAISIN SALAD
I love traditional carrot raisin salad ... but I always hated that some people use WAY too much mayo. You could hardly taste the carrots which were the main ingredient. So I found this a few years ago, and it has become my favorite, especially since I live in FL, it has great orange flavor. This is originally a Whole Foods Recipe, but it has been passed around quite a bit, so there have been some changes; however, I can't claim any rights to this - but it is such a light refreshing recipe. Take advantage of those pre-shredded carrots from the produce section, I definitely do (but you can always shred your own, especially if you grow them in your garden). A few grocery store items and you are set. As there is no mayo in this dish, it makes a great BBQ dish or potluck salad because it travels well. I always garnish with a couple of orange slices to remind people of what the main flavor is. And ... Orange Blossom Water? ... What do I use it in? Why bother buying a whole bottle? Well, I originally bought it for this salad, but I have used it over seafood, in teas (warm and cold), rice, and drizzled over grilled vegetables which is great. It can be purchased online, at Whole Foods and many other Health Food Markets, also any Asian Markets. It is a great addition to your condiment collection.
Provided by SarasotaCook
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 6-8 Side servings, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Dressing -- Mix all the ingredients (except the mint) in a small bowl or measuring cup. Mix well to combine. Set half of the orange that you sliced as a garnish off to the side.
- Salad -- In a medium bowl, add the carrots and both raisins and mix well to combine. Toss with 1/2 of the dressing and check for seasoning (salt and pepper). Add a bit more of the dressing, but save a little to add right before you serve. Cover well with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve -- Before serving, toss well, and add in the pecans, mint and the reserved dressing if necessary. I like to plate and garnish with some of the orange slices. ENJOY!
CARROT, MINT, AND GOLDEN RAISIN SALAD
- Grate carrots through the large holes of a box grater or with a food processor using the grater blade. In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots with golden raisins, mint, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine well. Serve.
CARROT, MINT AND PINEAPPLE SALAD
A good recipe doubled to take to a barbecue. Just a tablespoon added to your plate to accompany other salads. Everyone wants to know what is in the salad.
Provided by Dawn1319
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Make up the jelly with one cup of boiling water.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Double the recipe if necessary.
- Very refreshing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 19.9, Fat 0.1, Sodium 30.8, Carbohydrate 4.6, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 2.1, Protein 0.6
More about "minted carrot salad recipes"
CARROT SALAD WITH MINT, HONEY, AND LIME + CHOPCHOP …
ROASTED CARROT SALAD WITH DATES, MINT AND FETA RECIPE
FRENCH GRATED CARROT SALAD WITH LEMON DIJON VINAIGRETTE
PICKLED CARROT SALAD RECIPE WITH MINT & CORIANDER SEEDS
FATTOUSH SALAD RECIPE WITH MINT DRESSING - COOKIE AND …
MOROCCAN-INSPIRED CARROT & CHICKPEA SALAD - ONCE …
MOROCCAN MINTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE - LEVANA COOKS
SHREDDED RED CABBAGE, CARROT AND MINT SALAD
CARROT SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ONE OF THE EASIEST SALADS EVER: FRENCH GRATED CARROT SALAD
CARROT, RAISIN, WALNUT, & MINT SALAD RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE FOOD
MINTED CARROTS | RECIPESTY
CARROT MINT SALAD - COOKTHINK
MINTED CARROT SALAD - DIET.COM
MARINATED CARROTS WITH MINT RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
TURKISH-STYLE CARROT SALAD RECIPE WITH MINTY YOGURT DRESSING
CARROT BEET AND APPLE SALAD WITH MINT AND CUMIN VINAIGRETTE
CARROTS WITH MINT RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MINTED CARROT AND GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE - STL COOKS
CARROT AND FETA SALAD WITH MINT | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
JOSH WEINER'S MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD WITH MINT AND SPICES
MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD WITH PISTACHIO AND MINT - FEASTING AT HOME
CARROT SALAD WITH MINT AND DATES - JAMIE GELLER
CARROT-CRANBERRY SALAD WITH MINT DRESSING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST MINT LEAVES SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
MINTED CARROT SALAD - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
THAI CARROT AND MINT SALAD - CINNAMON SOCIETY
EASY ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE WITH MINT LEMON DRESSING RECIPE
CARROT AND MINT SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CARROT AND MINT SALAD …
CARROT SALAD WITH HARISSA, FETA AND MINT – SMITTEN KITCHEN
MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
EFFORTLESS CLEMENTINE, CARROT AND MINT SALAD RECIPE ON FOOD52
THAI CARROT MINT SALAD - SHARON PALMER, THE PLANT POWERED DIETITIAN
MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD WITH ORANGE AND MINT
CARROTS MINTED RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
MINTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love