MOM'S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
What I love most about these stuffed peppers is that the meat goes in uncooked, so it forms kind of a solid "meatball" in the pepper. I think these are much better than the stuffed peppers where the meat is cooked first and stays "loose". If someone in your family does not like peppers, make some meatballs from the mixture and drop them in the pot along with the stuffed peppers. Enjoy!
Provided by Karen..
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut the top section of the peppers off and discard.
- Remove seeds and rinse the inside of peppers.
- Parboil peppers until slightly tender.
- Saute onions in butter until tender.
- Combine ground beef, cooked rice, egg, salt, pepper and half of the sauteed onions.
- Stuff each pepper with the ground beef mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers in a stock pot or dutch oven.
- Combine crushed tomatoes and tomato soup and pour on top of the peppers.
- Sprinkle the remaining sauteed onions on top of peppers.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Stir GENTLY occasionally.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503, Fat 22.5, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 131.2, Sodium 1291.7, Carbohydrate 48.8, Fiber 8, Sugar 10.4, Protein 30.1
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS (CLASSIC UKRAINIAN RECIPE)
Stuffed bell peppers are a great way to enjoy one of the most flavorful veggies. Stuffed with a savory mixture of beef and buckwheat, these peppers are sure to satisfy.
Provided by Natalya Drozhzhin
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice the bell pepper into two pieces. Remove the seeds from the pepper. Dice carrots and onions into small squares.
- Cut beef into small, thin pieces. Preheat oiled skillet on high heat. Cook beef until it gets a golden color. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sautee carrots and onions until they soften. Add sliced mushrooms and continue cooking until all the ingredients are golden.
- Add buckwheat and beef to the skillet, season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything together.
- Fill each one of the peppers with the cooked buckwheat filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 370F. Place slice of cheese on each pepper, cook for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 kcal, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 16 g, Fat 20 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 54 mg, Sodium 1248 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MOM'S BEST STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS
Another Slovak favorite, this is one of my Mom's great recipes. Again, uses condensed tomato soup (see my Velveeta Mac and Cheese for another way tomato soup compliments a recipe). So good, it rivals Stouffer's frozen in the store. Compare them for yourself!
Provided by Kachup
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Slice tops horizontally off of 4 large or 5 medium-sized green peppers. Cut out the seeds and membrane from inside each pepper and rinse with water. Arrange in baking dish.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice per package instructions. When done, allow rice to cool slightly (the cooler the rice, the easier to handle).
- In mixing bowl, break up raw ground beef. Add garlic, onion, and seasoned salt. Crack 2 eggs into mixture. Add the cooled rice and mix all together using hands in a mixing bowl (as if you were making a meatloaf or burger patties).
- Once mixture is combined, fill each green pepper to the top (Note: If there is any mixture left over, you can shape into meatballs for a pasta dinner).
- In a small bowl, empty contents of tomato soup can. Add 3/4 cup of water. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to cut the acidity of the tomato soup. Stir to combine, then pour over green peppers in baking dish.
- Place baking dish in oven, uncovered, for 70 to 90 minutes at 350 degrees. Check beef mixture in peppers near the end of cooking time to make sure beef is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven. Spoon tomato mixture over top of green peppers and serve.
STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS I
Here's a delicious stuffed pepper recipe that's easy to make. Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup.
Provided by Suzanne M. Munson
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute beef and onions for 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers.
- Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.8 calories, Carbohydrate 35.5 g, Cholesterol 88.6 mg, Fat 24.3 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 27.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 970.6 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook green bell peppers in the boiling water until soft, 5 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces with a spatula as it cooks, until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard excess grease. Transfer beef to a large bowl.
- Stir rice, celery, onion, and about half the tomato sauce with the ground beef; season with salt and pepper. Stuff cooked green peppers with the ground beef mixture.
- Arrange stuffed peppers in a baking dish. Pour enough water into the baking dish to about 1-inch deep. Pour remainder of tomato sauce over the peppers.
- Bake in preheated oven until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.9 calories, Carbohydrate 46.6 g, Cholesterol 47.3 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 18 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 809.2 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
MOM'S STUFFED PEPPERS
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the beef with all the other filling ingredients, then stuff the peppers all the way to the top. It's fine if the peppers bulge a bit.
- Stand the peppers on end in a casserole dish and drizzle the olive oil over them. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375°F and pour the tomato sauce around them. Continue baking until the peppers brown, about 30 minutes. Bring to the table in the casserole dish and serve.
More about "moms best stuffed green bell peppers recipes"
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - COOK THIS AGAIN MOM
5/5 (1)Category MainServings 8Calories 376 per serving
- Cut the bell peppers in half length wise, and wash out the seeds and ribs (the white part inside). Place the peppers in a large pot of boiling water. Boil gently for 4-6 minutes, depending on the size of the pepper. Drain them and put them in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam, cut side up.
- Meanwhile, cook some long grain rice. You will need 2 cups. I usually use Jasmine rice, it has a really nice flavor.
- Also, start to brown 1 lb of ground beef. I used the 80/20 (dad likes the flavor of it best), and you will not need to add any extra oil to the pan.
- Chop 1 medium onion and add it to the beef while it is browning. Sprinkle meat mixture with salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. When the meat is brown, you can pour off excess grease if there is a lot. Add one can of diced tomatoes and the cooked rice.
OLD FASHIONED STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - THE TYPICAL MOM
MOM'S CLASSIC STUFFED BELL PEPPERS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
21 IDEAS FOR STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE GROUND BEEF - BEST …
BEST STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS – GALAXY TRAINING
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RICE - THE SEASONED MOM
STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE IN CROCKPOT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MOM'S BEST STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS RECIPE - MOMS WHO THINK
BEST STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS (TASTY, CLASSIC FAMILY DINNER …
6 BEST STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPES - MOMSDISH
STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS KETO - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
THE BEST RECIPE FOR STUFFED PEPPERS - SIZZLING EATS
MOMS BEST STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS BEST RECIPES
MOM’S STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS - AT MIMI'S TABLE
MOM'S BEST STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
10 BEST STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
MOM'S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - OLD FASHIONED FAVORITE - MOMMY'S KITCHEN
MOM'S CLASSIC STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - XPCOURSE
STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS MOM'S RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
OUR BEST AIR-FRYER STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE + STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS
BEST STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
SIMPLE STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS RECIPE FROM MOMS GARDEN
AMISH SAUSAGE STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS - THE SEASONED MOM
MOM'S TRADITIONAL STUFFED BELL PEPPERS • A CERTAIN SERENITY
BASIC STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MOM'S CLASSIC STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - YUMMY HEALTHY EASY
THE BEST STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
MODERN TRICK TO YOUR MOM’S STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS
BEST STUFFED GREEN PEPPER RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS! • HIP FOODIE MOM
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED PEPPERS WITH CREAM CHEESE
MOM'S BEST STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook green bell peppers?Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup. Read the full recipe after the video. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
What's in a stuffed pepper recipe?"Here's a delicious stuffed pepper recipe that's easy to make. Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup.".
How do you cook stuffed bell peppers in the oven?Directions. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers. Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes,...
What are the ingredients in green bell peppers?Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup. Read the full recipe after the video. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.