CHICKEN AND SEAFOOD GUMBO
- Combine the oil and the flour in a heavy stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. With a wooden spoon stir the mixture slowly and constantly. After about 5 minutes the mixture will begin to foam. Keep stirring. As the roux cooks, the color will darken and the flour will have a nice nutty aroma. It should take about 15 minutes to fully develop a nice dark brown roux.
- When the roux is ready add the celery, onions and peppers (the Trinity) and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Once the vegetables have softened, add the bourbon and stir for 2 minutes, add chicken broth a little at a time to make sure the roux mixes well and is incorporated. Add the remaining ingredients, diced tomatoes, chicken, okra, bay leaves, Hot Sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, skimming off any fat that rises to the surface and stirring occasionally. In the last 7 minutes, add the shrimp and cook until no longer pink. At the very last minute add the fresh cilantro. Season with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Remove bay leaves and serve with rice and crusty flat bread.
- Roughly chop the chiles and jalepenos discarding the seeds. Add to a food processor, along with the tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt. Process until desired consistency. If it's too dry add a little water. Pour mixture into a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes. At this point you can strain it for a loose hot sauce or leave it as it is for a chunky hot sauce. Season with more salt, if necessary.
- In a medium covered saucepan bring salted water to a boil. Add the rice, cover and lower the heat. Cook for 20 minutes until water is absorbed.
NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO COURTESY THE NEELYS
Show: Down Home with the NeelysEpisode: Pass It On I saw this today and it looked YUMMY! I plan to try it this week. I think I'll add more garlic and a few re pepper flakes. I also don't see why frozen cut okra or canned fire roasted tomatoes can't be used. I will also use low sodium chicken stock to cut the sodium.
Provided by Luvs 2 Cook
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a heavy Dutch oven, heat oil. Add the flour and stir and cook until the mixture darkens to a brown color, about the shade of peanut butter.
- Add the celery, onion, green bell pepper and garlic and saute until tender.
- Whisk in chicken stock, add the ketchup, chopped tomato, and okra.
- Let simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving time add cooked chicken, crabmeat and shrimp and simmer.
- Add lemon juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 864.1, Fat 39.4, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 299.5, Sodium 1501.6, Carbohydrate 52.7, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 16.9, Protein 75
NANNY'S SEAFOOD GUMBO 5 STAR FAMILY FAVORITE
This is one of the many recipes from my grandmothers cookbook. She passed away in May of 2005 and I am recording her wonderful recipes for my family and the many generations that will follow. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as we do. I have not made each one yet-so cooking time and servings may vary. Blessings from FOURMRANCHWIFE in Texas. (THIS IS ONE OF MY PERSONAL FAVORITES!)
Provided by staceyelee
Yield 3 quarts, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- To make the Basic Roux: Heat 3/4 cup oil in a iron skillet. When oil is hot, gradually add 1 cup flour, stirring continuously until well mixed. Lower heat and continue to stir until chocolate brown. When roux is chocolate brown remove from skillet and set aside. If it remains in skillet it will continue to cook and get to dark.
- In a large pot-not a black iron pot-saute onion,celery,bell pepper, garlic and okra in butter for about 10 minutes. Add roux, water and worcestershire.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Add all other ingredients, except for parsley. Cook for 1 more hour.Adjust seasoning if needed- salt and pepper are to taste. Add parsley.
- Serve over rice.
- This is better the next day- if there is any left. This says serves 6 - Nanny usually made a double batch.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283.4, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 332.9, Sodium 1036.1, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 5.1, Protein 47.9
More about "nanas chicken seafood gumbo recipes"
SEAFOOD CHICKEN & ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE GUMBO | I HEART RECIPES
RECIPES - NANNY'S SEAFOOD GUMBO - HALLMARK CHANNEL
91 GUMBO RECIPES IDEAS | GUMBO, RECIPES, GUMBO RECIPE
91 pins1.6K followers
BOBBY FLAY SEAFOOD GUMBO - THERESCIPES.INFO
AUTHENTIC NEW ORLEANS SEAFOOD GUMBO - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
AUTHENTIC NEW ORLEANS GUMBO - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
SEAFOOD STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THIS SEAFOOD AND CHICKEN GUMBO IS GONNA ROCK YOUR WORLD
EASY SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE - COOKING WITH BLISS
CHICKEN & SAUSAGE GUMBO (WITH A SEAFOOD GUMBO VARIATION!)
AUTHENTIC SEAFOOD CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO - GARLIC & ZEST
NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO | RECIPE | GUMBO RECIPE, SEAFOOD …
NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO | PUNCHFORK
NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO | RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE | /ETC/SNI …
NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE
NANA'S KITCHEN: NANA'S CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO
SEAFOOD-AND-CHICKEN GUMBO RECIPE - GRANT ACHATZ | FOOD & WINE
NANA’S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO – RECIPES NETWORK
CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICY SHRIMP AND CHICKEN GUMBO - RECIPE DETAILS
THE BEST SEAFOOD & CHICKEN GUMBO | 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES | MINCOFF …
NANA'S SEAFOOD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
NANA'S SOUTHERN GUMBO - COOKSTR.COM
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE AND SEAFOOD GUMBO - RECIPE LIST
CHICKEN AND SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN AND SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
10 BEST CHICKEN SAUSAGE SHRIMP GUMBO RECIPES | YUMMLY
DELICIOUS SEAFOOD RECIPES FROM THE NEELYS - FOOD NEWS
NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO - CREOLE RECIPES
CHICKEN AND SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
NANAS CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPES
SEAFOOD GUMBO - IMMACULATE BITES DINNER
NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE | THE CHICKEN WEBSITE
CHICKEN AND SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
FOOD NETWORK NANA'S CHICKEN SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE
ALL THE BEST RECIPES AT CRECIPE.COM
CHICKEN AND SEAFOOD GUMBO RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
You'll also love