NOT YOUR MAMA'S PASTA SALAD
This is not your typical pasta salad, ergo the name I gave it. LOL My cousin brought this to a get together once and I was blown away. I have tweaked it some to my taste. For instance, she added garbanzo beans. I hate garbanzos so I omitted them. Don't be afraid to add things you love and drop others. You truly can't mess...
Provided by Christine Whisenhunt
Categories Pasta Sides
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Cook pasta. Rinse in cold water to cool. Drain well.
- 2. In a very large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Add dressing. If you are not serving until the next day, I recommend withholding the tomatoes, cucumber and cheese until shortly before serving, to prevent them from getting too soft or mushy. As this sits, especially if you prepare it the night before, you will find it soaks up the dressing and you will need to add more. Start with one bottle of dressing and go from there. You want it coated well, but not sitting in a pool of dressing.
- 3. Note: I believe my cousin used kalamata olives. I like them ok, but I love green olives, so I use green olives in their place. Experiment with the varieties you love! Enjoy! P.S. If you want a healthier version, omit the salami and/or use chopped chicken breast.
NOT YOUR USUAL PASTA SALAD
I created this salad because I wanted something with a little kick and a lot of texture and taste. This is a recipe you can tweak to make it your own. It keeps well in fridge and is best served cold as a side dish. You can add diced ham or even a can of chunky tuna to make a complete meal.
Provided by KB COUNTRYGIRL
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook shell pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- Whisk creamy salad dressing, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, and oregano together in a bowl to make a creamy dressing.
- Mix pasta, bacon, red onion, water chestnuts, eggs, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, celery, olives, Cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese together in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir to coat. Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.4 calories, Carbohydrate 26.7 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 381.3 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
MAMA'S SMOKED SALMON PASTA SALAD
We make pasta salad quite a bit in our house & this is definitely one of our very favourites. The kids wolf this down! It is great as a light lunch, a side dish, on a picnic etc. You can add ingredients or change them round to suit your tastes or what you have on hand.
Provided by Um Safia
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- in a large bowl or pot, mix the mayo with the salmon & seasonings.
- Add the rest of the ingredients & mix well.
- You can add more mayo or a simple vinigrette if you want a creamier salad.
- Serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
NOT YOUR MAMA'S TUNA SALAD
- Combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper
More about "not your mamas pasta salad recipes"
NOT-YOUR-MAMA'S TUNA SALAD | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
Total Time 10 mins
- Add the tuna and flake it with a fork. Add the scallions, roasted red pepper, tomatoes and pasta, and toss the salad to coat evenly.
PASTA SALAD RECIPES PERFECT FOR YOUR NEXT PICNIC | …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
MAMA’S PASTA SALAD + VIDEO
EASY PASTA SALAD RECIPE - ALL THINGS MAMMA
Ratings 3Calories 14 per servingCategory Side Dish
EASY ITALIAN PASTA SALAD - MAMA NEEDS CAKE® - EASY POTLUCK ...
4.5/5 (11)Category SaladServings 6Total Time 18 mins
BALSAMIC CHICKEN PASTA SALAD - 2 COOKIN/ MAMAS
Ratings 2Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 46 mins
- Place chicken in a resealable bag with 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette. Shake to cover chicken then marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- While chicken is marinating, chop tomatoes and basil and put in resealable bag together and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, then grill chicken for 6 minutes on each side until cooked through. At the same time, place pepper quarters on the grill & cook 2 minutes per side.
160 NOT YOUR MAMA'S PASTA IDEAS IN 2021 | COOKING RECIPES ...
160 pins66 followers
QUICK TRIM HEALTHY MAMA PASTA SALAD - THE WELL PLANNED ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsTotal Time 15 mins
28 NOT YOUR MAMA'S SALAD IDEAS | SALAD RECIPES, COOKING ...
27 pins29 followers
52 NOT YOUR MAMA'S SALAD IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, SALAD ...
51 pins68 followers
82 NOT YOUR MAMA'S SALAD IDEAS | HEALTHY RECIPES, SALAD ...
82 pins69 followers
TANGY AND DELICIOUS, THIS MAMA'S PASTA SALAD IS A POTLUCK ...
MAMAS SALAD RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
NOT YOUR MAMA’S PASTA SALAD (… UNLESS IT IS?) – VICKIE'S ...
NOT-YOUR-MAMA'S TUNA SALAD - RACHAEL RAY'S NON PROFIT ...
MAMA MIAS MACARONI SALAD RECIPES
250 NOT YOUR MAMA'S SALAD IDEAS | HEALTHY, FOOD, HEALTHY ...
NOT YOUR MAMA’S PASTA RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
NOT YOUR MAMAS CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES
NOT YOUR MAMAS PASTA SALAD - TFRECIPES.COM
NOT YOUR MAMA'S PASTA SALAD - TFRECIPES.COM
NOT YOUR MAMA'S PASTA SALAD | RECIPE | PASTA SALAD ...
NOT YOUR MAMA'S TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
[email protected]: NOT YOUR MAMA'S PASTA SALAD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make macaroni salad?Directions. Transfer warm macaroni into a large salad bowl and gently mix in celery, onion, cucumber, tomato, shrimp, and Italian salad dressing; refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to overnight for best flavor). Gently fold mayonnaise into salad and serve.
How to cook macaroni and cheese for pasta?Ready In. 8 h 20 m. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, olives, celery and green onions. Mix in the macaroni, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to cook elbow macaroni for pasta?Directions. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain. Transfer warm macaroni into a large salad bowl and gently mix in celery, onion, cucumber, tomato, shrimp, and Italian salad dressing; refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to overnight for best flavor).
How do you make macaroni salad with olives and celery?This is a favorite pot-luck macaroni salad with olives and celery blended together to create a sweet and creamy side dish! Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, olives, celery and green onions.