PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING
Serve this over greens; a great side dish for upcoming traditional holiday dinners, a Polish or German dinner or any meal.
Provided by TheDancingCook
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook bacon until crisp; remove and chop.
- Add to greens.
- Add all other ingredients to the beaten egg and pour into the hot bacon fat and cook until thickened.
- Serve over greens, and add a little bit of chopped onion to salad, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146.1, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 59.1, Sodium 388.8, Carbohydrate 17.7, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 12.5, Protein 4.6
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by Gigirox
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut bacon into pieces and fry until crisp. Remove from drippings. Mix together beaten egg, vinegar, sugar and water. Stir until blended. Pour into pan with bacon drippings and cook over med-high. Mix cornstarch with small amount of water to form a slurry. Stir into hot mixture and stir until thickened. Pour over lettuce, endive, cooked broccoli raab, steamed escarole or spinach, Asian greens, or baby salad greens. Sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes and garnish with the bacon bits. Chopped hard cooked eggs can be added, if desired. VARIATION: Alton Brown's Bacon Dressing- 3 tablespoon bacon fat 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar 1 teaspoon sugar 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
PA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING
This was an old standby in our house when I was growing up in Pennsylvania Dutch Country. My mother would always make this for out-of-state visitors. It's a perfect example of the "sweet/sour" recipes that the PA Dutch are known for. This dressing can be used on iceberg lettuce or as a dressing to make German style potato...
Provided by Susan Bickta
Categories Lettuce Salads
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1. In a large serving bowl, tear lettuce into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- 2. Cook the bacon in a 10-inch non-stick skillet. Remove bacon from skillet when cooked and set aside. Do not discard bacon fat. You will be using it to complete the cooked dressing.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine the egg, sugar, flour, water, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and add to skillet with bacon fat. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 4-5 minutes or until dressing thickens and is hot and bubbly. Crumble bacon and add to skillet. Mix well.
- 4. Pour hot dressing over lettuce and toss to coat.
- 5. Please note: this dressing can be used to make German Potato Salad as well. Just substitute 3 pounds of cooked, diced potatoes for the lettuce. Add 1 stalk of celery, diced and 1 small onion, diced and you have another PA Dutch style salad!!
More about "pennsylvania dutch hot bacon dressing recipes"
HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE - SAVORING THE GOOD®
4.9/5 (9)Total Time 15 minsCategory SaladCalories 91 per serving
- Remove the crips bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
AMISH IN THE NEWS: HOMEMADE HOT BACON DRESSING, MILLIE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING – A COALCRACKER IN ...
Cuisine Pa. Dutch, Coal RegionEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Salad
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING - BUNNY'S WARM …
5/5 (16)Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING - MY RECIPE MAGIC
Author Bunny's Warm OvenEstimated Reading Time 30 secs
HOT BACON DRESSING (PA DUTCH) RECIPE BY ERIN - COOKPAD
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING | 12 TOMATOES
3.8/5 (4)Servings 4
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Do not drain drippings from skillet.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the egg, salt and pepper, sugar, vinegar, and water until well combined.
- Continue whisking until mixture comes to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until desired thickness is reached.
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE BY KIM ...
4/5 (1)Calories 931 per servingCuisine American
PA. DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE - PINTEREST
4.5/5 (20)Estimated Reading Time 50 secsServings 4-6Total Time 20 mins
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING - PINTEREST
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE - FOOD.COM ...
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE
PA DUTCH BAKED CORN RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
28.5 OZ. BACON DRESSING - PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH FOODS
AMISH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
SPINACH SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING - SALADPROGUIDE.COM
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH BACON DRESSING RECIPES
PA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING | RECIPE | HOT BACON DRESSING ...
RECIPES – PAGE 44 – A COALCRACKER IN THE KITCHEN
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HOT BACON DRESSING RECIPE 445
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #salads #american #easy #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #salad-dressings #dietary #northeastern-united-states
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is hot bacon dressing?Hot Bacon Dressing is also known as Pennsylvania Dutch hot bacon dressing, is the unexpected sweet, tangy and bacon-filled dressing that will dress up a simple spinach salad. I love this dressing over spinach salad with thinly sliced red onion and mushrooms.
How do you serve pennpenn Pennsylvania Dutch bacon dressing?Pennsylvania Dutch Bacon Dressing can be served from a bowl on the table to allow your family to add the amount they desire themselves or served with the dressing already mixed into the greens ahead of time. Iceberg lettuce is just one way to enjoy this dressing you can also make and use it on top of …
How do you make bacon and lettuce salad dressing?In a medium bowl, combine the egg, sugar, flour, water, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and add to skillet with bacon fat. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 4-5 minutes or until dressing thickens and is hot and bubbly. Crumble bacon and add to skillet. Pour hot dressing over lettuce and toss to coat.
How do you make German style potato salad with bacon?This dressing can be used on iceberg lettuce or as a dressing to make German style potato salad as pictured. In a large serving bowl, tear lettuce into bite size pieces. Set aside. Cook the bacon in a 10-inch non-stick skillet. Remove bacon from skillet when cooked and set aside. Do not discard bacon fat.