Cucumber raita is a popular savory raita dip made with cucumber and curd (yogurt). This simple, refreshing, cooling cucumber raita recipe comes together in 5 minutes.
Provided by Dassana Amit
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse the cucumber. Then peel and finely chop it. You can also grate cucumber.
- In a bowl, whisk the curd (yogurt) until smooth.
- Add the grated cucumber to the curd.
- Add all the ground spice powders, salt as needed and chopped coriander leaves.
- Combine well and serve.
- You can garnish it with some coriander leaves or mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Sodium 87 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Grate the cucumber then drain the excess water created in the process.
- Place the grated cucumber in a large bowl then stir in the yogurt, garlic and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with mint leaves.
- Serve as a starter with pappadums or as a side dish to an Indian meal.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 67 calories, Sugar 6.4 g, Sodium 62 mg, Fat 1.2 g, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Protein 5.2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE
This Cucumber raita is refreshing, cooling and comforting to the palate. You can make this just under 10 minutes with only a few ingredients. Serve it as a side in any meal, with biryani or pulao.
Provided by Swasthi
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rinse cucumber and peel it. Chop to tiny bite size pieces (about ¼ to ½ inch). If you prefer you may even grate it. Grated cucumbers let out moisture so make sure you use only greek yogurt if you want to grate them. Otherwise cucumber raita becomes runny.
- Also fine chop coriander and mint leaves (optional).
- Deseed the green chilli and chop. (optional)
- Whisk chilled yogurt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cucumber, green chilies, coriander leaves, mint leaves and salt. Mix all of them.
- Taste test and add more salt if needed. Drizzle cumin powder, ground black pepper & chaat masala (optional).
- Serve cucumber raita as a side in an Indian meal. It is usually eaten with Vegetable biryani or chicken biryani.
- Cucumber raita is best served fresh but can be chilled for a few hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 24 mg, Sodium 458 mg, Sugar 10 g, Fiber 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Combine the yogurt, herbs, cucumber, lime zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
An easy Cucumber Raita recipe
Provided by Linda Bladholm
Categories Condiment/Spread Sauce No-Cook Quick & Easy Yogurt Mint Spice Cucumber Summer Cilantro
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Peel cucumber. Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips, then into thin slices crosswise. Blot off moisture with paper towels. Toast cumin seeds for a few seconds in a small, heavy frying pan over high heat. In a bowl, stir yogurt until it is smooth. Mix it with the cumin, garlic and coriander or mint leaves. Combine mixture with cucumber slivers, sprinkle with cayenne or paprika, and chill before serving.
Serve this raita as a refreshing side dish with grains or with any curry. Or enjoy it on its own for lunch.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, condiments
Yield Serves 4 as a side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut the cucumber into very small dice or grate on the large holes of a grater. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt, toss and let sit in a colander in the sink for 15 minutes. Rinse briefly and squeeze dry in a kitchen towel. Transfer to a bowl.
- Beat the yogurt with a fork or a whisk and add the cayenne and garam masala. Toss with the cucumbers. Add the cilantro and chile and toss again. Taste and adjust salt. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 72, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 303 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
CUCUMBER AND CILANTRO RAITA
When the season permits, you can change this dish into a jewel-studded pomegranate raita: simply substitute pomegranate seeds for the cucumber and cilantro. In either case remember to add a good pinch of salt to the yogurt.
Provided by Nigella Lawson
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield 1 1/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt and salt. Mix well. Add scallion, cucumber and cilantro. Mix again, and transfer to a small serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 81, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 364 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
CUCUMBER RAITA, SUPER SIMPLE, QUICK AND EASY.
Another adapted recipe from one of my favourite cookbooks: Step-by-step cookery series " Salads and Summer dishes". I like this because there's no mint, no tomato like in many other raita recipes and the addition of chili powder gives it extra zing. Cooking time includes 30 minutes chilling time. ZWT REGION: India.
Provided by kiwidutch
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Drain the grated cucumber well so that you squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add the yougurt, chili powder, ground cumin (or toasted cumin seeds) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 30 minutes in refrigerator and stir well before serving.
- Dust the single cucumber slice in paprika and garnish
- Goes well with poppadoms.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37.5, Fat 1.4, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 4.5, Sodium 43.3, Carbohydrate 5.2, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 3, Protein 1.9
COOL CUCUMBER RAITA
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put the yogurt, cilantro, cumin, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, to taste, into a blender and puree until the mixture is smooth and green. Pour it into a bowl and fold in the cucumber and mint. Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Serve this cool, refreshing salad with my Lamb Tagine and Moroccan Couscous on this site. Make the salad early in the day and keep in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend and intensify. Add more mint to taste, but do not substitute dried mint; the flavor is just not the same.
Provided by BenevolentEmpress
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir together the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, mint, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Cholesterol 7.5 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 61.7 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
CUCUMBER YOGHURT RAITA
Very cool and refreshing side dish, goes very well with spicy curries, naan bread and even grilled meat. This can be made upto a day in advance, cover and refrigerate and stir before serving.
Provided by AaliyahsAaronsMum
Categories Low Protein
Yield 500 ml
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine cucumber, spring onion, garlic, ginger, mint, lemon juice and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- Sprinkle over cumin seeds just before serving and serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0.6, Cholesterol 0.1, Sodium 0.4, Carbohydrate 0.1, Sugar 0.1
CHUNKY CUCUMBER RAITA
A herby yogurt dip to serve with curry recipes and spiced food. If you want to make this sauce ahead, keep the cucumber separate until the last minute
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Tip the yogurt into a food processor with the mint, coriander and ½ tsp salt, then blitz until smooth. Halve the cucumber lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Discard the seeds, then thinly slice. Stir into the herby yogurt just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
More about "cucumber raita recipes"
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE- HOW TO MAKE RAITA - MY TASTY …
SIMPLE AUTHENTIC HOW TO MAKE RAITA! | FEASTING AT HOME
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE (STEP BY STEP + VIDEO)
DILL CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
EASY CUCUMBER RAITA (15 MINUTES!) - TEA FOR TURMERIC
CUCUMBER RAITA | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
CUCUMBER RAITA | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE | KHEERA RAITA RECIPE | RAITA RECIPE
RAITA RECIPES FOR BIRYANI & PULAO - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
GRATED CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
HOMEMADE CUCUMBER RAITA SAUCE OR DIP RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE- SHARMIS PASSIONS
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY RAITA RECIPE WITH CUCUMBER - THE PERFECT SIDE FOR AN INDIAN …
CUCUMBER RAITA | DONNA HAY
REFRESHING INDIAN RAITA RECIPE (YOGHURT CUCUMBER DIP)
10 BEST RAITA WITHOUT CUCUMBER RECIPES | YUMMLY
RAJMA RAITA, LOBIA RAITA AND MORE: 5 PROTEIN-RAITA RECIPES YOU …
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE EASY KHEERA RAITA RECIPE
CUCUMBER RAITA - THE AYURVEDIC INSTITUTE
RACHAEL RAY'S CURRY-SPICED FRIED GREEN TOMATOES WITH CUCUMBER …
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE - LOOKANDCOOK
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE - FLAVORS TREAT
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE - SPICE UP THE CURRY
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CUCUMBER RAITA - SAVORY
RAITA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
कभी खाया नहीं होगा ऐसा KHEERE KA RAITA RECIPE | KHEERA …
28 TASTY RAITA RECIPE FOR BIRYANI AND PULAO - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
FETA-CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GUSTO TV - CUCUMBER RAITA
VEGAN CUCUMBER DRESSING RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SUMMER SPECIAL: 5 CUCUMBER RECIPES UNDER 15 MINUTES TO BEAT …
CUCUMBER RAITA | BEATS THE HEAT
RAITA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #appetizers #side-dishes #easy #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love