PERFECT POT ROAST (SLOW-COOKER)
Quick and easy in the crockpot. A juicy roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. I like to thicken the pan juices with cornstarch to make a tasty gravy to serve with this meal.
Provided by Tee Lee
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place roast into crockpot and surround with vegetables.
- Combine beef broth and vegetable soup mix, then add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
PERFECT POT ROAST
Cooking meats, I have to confess, isn't my specialty. But everyone who tastes this main-course dish wants more! I'm a mostly at-home mom. I like to sew and read. I also enjoy gardening-we grow a good-sized patch, and it's so nice to have fresh-picked tomatoes and spinach when I make salads.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine first four ingredients; rub onto roast. In a skillet, brown roast in oil. Place in a roasting pan. Add water, onion, green pepper, garlic and seasonings. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until roast is tender. , Remove and keep warm. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from pan juices. Measure juices and transfer to a saucepan. , For each cup of juices, combine 1 tablespoon flour with 2 tablespoons water; mix well. Stir flour mixture into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with roast.
Nutrition Facts :
PERFECT POT ROAST
Yes, it can be done! Dh used to cringe when I mentioned 'pot roast'. I grew up loving the stuff. And now I've perfected a recipe for it. We drool all afternoon while it cooks. :)
Provided by Elmotoo
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Season 1 side of beef with salt, pepper & ___. I usually use ground thyme or ground ancho pepper. Use what makes you happy but keep it 'earthy' - this isn't the place for mint or herbes de provence. ;).
- Heat a dutch oven to hot, add a couple TB oil & add meat, seasoned side down. Season the top side. When the bottom is nicely seared, flip over. When the other side is nicely seared, remove to a pan with sides to collect juices.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- While the meat is searing, peel, halve & thinly slice the onions.
- Add butter & another 2TB oil to pan. When the butter has melted, add onions. Season with 1tsp salt. Stir to scrape up caramelized bits on the bottom. Cook slowly until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add can of beef broth & bring to a boil. Stir.
- Add meat & any juices that have accumulated in the pan. Cover & put in 300F oven for 2.5 hours or so.
- You will not need a knife. The liquid is essentially French onion soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1188.5, Fat 89.3, SaturatedFat 38.4, Cholesterol 343.5, Sodium 660.1, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4.8, Protein 81.4
PERFECT POT ROAST
Feed your family with Ree Drummond's Perfect Pot Roast recipe from Food Network. Fresh rosemary and thyme add rich, herbal resonance to this hearty roast.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
- If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
- With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
- Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.
- Put the lid on, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it's fall-apart tender.
PERFECT PRESSURE COOKER POT ROAST
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat with the lid open. Brown the roast on all sides in the hot oil.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the Italian salad dressing mix, Ranch dressing mix, and gravy mix. Sprinkle them evenly over the roast. Pour in the beef broth and add the chopped onion.
- Seal and lock pressure cooker, and cook over high heat to build pressure until the indicator sounds (mine whistles). Turn heat down to medium, and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Run under cold water to help release the pressure before unsealing the lid. You can use the juices as an au jus, or thicken with flour or cornstarch to make a yummy gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.6 g, Cholesterol 103.5 mg, Fat 30.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 28.1 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 1644 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
Perfect for pot roast recipes, inexpensive chuck is one of the most flavorful cuts of beef. Simmering it slowly and gently in the oven results in a wonderfully tender pot roast. Vegetables like onions and potatoes give the pot roast recipe even more comforting flavors.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle roast all over with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place in pan, and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Turn meat fat side up. Add stock, wine, if using, onions, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme. Stir in tomato paste. Bring to a simmer, cover; put in the oven, and roast for 3 hours. Add carrots and potatoes, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 1 hour more.
- Transfer the roast, carrots, and potatoes to a platter. With a spoon, skim the fat off the surface of the cooking liquid. Cut the roast into thick slices, and serve with the vegetables. Pass the pan juices separately.
PERFECT POT ROAST
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Combine the salt, pepper, and ground fennel in a small bowl. Generously season the roast with the spice mixture.
- Add enough oil to a large Dutch oven to coat the bottom. Heat it over medium-high heat, add the roast, and sear 8 to 10 minutes total, turning to brown all sides. Transfer the roast to a bowl.
- Add the carrots, onions, and garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables until browned, 5 to 8 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Remove the vegetables and place in a clean bowl.
- Deglaze the pot with 1 cup of the cider. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat. Add 2 cups of the broth and bring it to a boil again.
- Add 4 sprigs of the thyme, the rosemary, bay leaf, and roast to the pot (reserving the vegetables in the bowl). Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot, place it in the oven, and roast for 2 hours. Add the reserved vegetables and roast for 1 more hour, until the roast is fork-tender but not mushy.
- Remove the roast and vegetables to a large bowl or platter and cover to keep warm. Let the braising liquid cool slightly, then strain the liquid into a bowl (discard the solids).
- Skim off any fat that has risen to the top.
- Purée the braising liquid in a blender.
- To make the sauce, heat 2 tablespoons oil in the Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to combine with the oil. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup cider and the tomato paste and mix well.
- Return the braising liquid to the pot along with the remaining 1 1/2 cups beef broth and the remaining 2 thyme sprigs. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- To serve, slice the pot roast, arrange the vegetables around it, and pour the sauce over the top.
- Variations: Tipsy Pot Roast
- In many pot roast recipes, there is an element of alcohol. In mine, I use hard cider, but you can also try red wine, a heavy beer, or-for your Irish friends-Guinness. The booze gives the meat an extra dimension but won't get the family hammered.
More about "perfect pot roast recipes"
BEST PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PIONEER WOMAN RUMP ROAST RECIPE - EYE OF ROUND ROAST ...
EASY POT ROAST CROCK-POT RECIPE - TASTE OF HOME
DUTCH OVEN BEEF ROAST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
INSTANT POT PERFECT BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE
PERFECT POT ROAST - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
POT ROAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PERFECT POT ROAST (SO TENDER & FLAVORFUL!) - SPEND WITH ...
PERFECT POT ROAST | CANADIAN LIVING
THE PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE FOR THE SLOW COOKER
PERFECT POT ROAST - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
BEST POT ROAST RECIPE - PIONEER WOMAN POT ROAST
PERFECT POT ROAST WITH POTATOES - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
30 EASY SIDE DISHES FOR POT ROAST - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
8 PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
PERFECT POT ROAST AND GRAVY - MOM ON TIMEOUT
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES
PERFECT POT ROAST WITH POT ROAST GRAVY - SIMPLY SATED
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET ...
PERFECT POT ROAST AND POTATOES - SWEET CS DESIGNS
THE PERFECT POT ROAST - RACHEL COOKS®
THE PERFECT CROCK POT ROAST - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #beef #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #roast-beef #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a pot roast in a Dutch oven?Dredge or coat the pot roast with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the flour. Heat the oil in a heavy Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add the flour-coated roast and cook, turning to brown all sides. Remove to a plate and set aside. Place the sliced onions in the pan and cook, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot, until lightly browned.
How do you cook a roast beef in a very hot pot?Directions. If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate. With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot,...
How to cook a roast in a crock pot?Add garlic and sugar; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken and beef broths and thyme, scraping bottom of pan with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Return roast and any accumulated juices to pot; add enough water to come halfway up sides of roast. Bring liquid to simmer over medium heat, then cover tightly and transfer pot to oven.
How to cook a pot roast with potatoes and potatoes?Add the beef broth to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the onions and carrots back to the pot, along with the beef. Cover tightly and braise in the 300 F oven for 2 hours. Add the potatoes and continue cooking for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are fork-tender and the roast is falling-apart-tender.