PERFECT POT ROAST
Cooking meats, I have to confess, isn't my specialty. But everyone who tastes this main-course dish wants more! I'm a mostly at-home mom. I like to sew and read. I also enjoy gardening-we grow a good-sized patch, and it's so nice to have fresh-picked tomatoes and spinach when I make salads.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine first four ingredients; rub onto roast. In a skillet, brown roast in oil. Place in a roasting pan. Add water, onion, green pepper, garlic and seasonings. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until roast is tender. , Remove and keep warm. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from pan juices. Measure juices and transfer to a saucepan. , For each cup of juices, combine 1 tablespoon flour with 2 tablespoons water; mix well. Stir flour mixture into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with roast.
Nutrition Facts :
PERFECT POT ROAST (SLOW-COOKER)
Quick and easy in the crockpot. A juicy roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. I like to thicken the pan juices with cornstarch to make a tasty gravy to serve with this meal.
Provided by Tee Lee
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place roast into crockpot and surround with vegetables.
- Combine beef broth and vegetable soup mix, then add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
ULTIMATE POT ROAST
Dutch oven pot roast recipes are the ultimate comfort food. When juicy pot roast simmers in garlic, onions and veggies, everyone comes running to ask, "When can we eat?" The answer? Just wait-it will be worth it. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 325°. Pat roast dry with a paper towel; tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Sprinkle roast with pepper and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides. Remove from pan., Add onions, celery and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the same pan; cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until onions are browned. Add garlic, tomato paste, thyme and bay leaves; cook and stir 1 minute longer., Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; stir in broth. Return roast to pan. Arrange potatoes, parsnips and carrots around roast; bring to a boil. Bake, covered, until meat is fork-tender, 2-2-1/2 hours., Remove roast and vegetables from pan; keep warm. Discard bay leaves; skim fat from cooking juices. On stovetop, bring juices to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half (about 1-1/2 cups), 10-12 minutes. Stir in vinegar and parsley; season with salt and pepper to taste., Remove string from roast. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459 calories, Fat 20g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 112mg cholesterol, Sodium 824mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 37g protein.
SIMPLE PERFECT POT ROAST
This is the Cook's Illustrated recipe, but it tastes exactly like Mom's recipe. She used to put it in the oven before we went to church, and then served it with hot rolls and a crisp salad.
Provided by PanNan
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300°F.
- Thoroughly pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed Dutch oven over medium high heat until shimmering but not smoking.
- Brown roast thoroughly on all sides, reducing heat if fat begins to smoke, 8- 10 minutes.
- Transfer roast to a large plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onion, carrot, and celery to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 6- 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and sugar; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and beef broths and thyme, scraping bottom of pan with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits.
- Return roast and any accumulated juices to pot; add enough water to come halfway up sides of roast.
- Bring liquid to simmer over medium heat, then cover tightly and transfer pot to oven.
- Cook, turning roast every 30 minutes until fully tender and meat fork slips in and out of meat very easily (3 1/2- 4 hours).
- Transfer roast to carving board, tent with foil to keep warm.
- Allow liquid in pot to settle about 5 minutes, then use wide spoon to skim fat off surface; discard thyme sprig.
- Boil over high heat until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups, about 8 minutes.
- Add red wine and reduce again to 1 1/2 cups, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut meat into 1/2 inch slices, or pull apart in pieces; transfer meat to warmed serving platter and pour about 1/2 cup sauce over meat.
- Serve, passing remaining sauce.
- Note: Can add small red potatoes and sliced carrots and/or parsnips about 45 minutes before roast is finished.
PERFECT PRESSURE COOKER POT ROAST
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat with the lid open. Brown the roast on all sides in the hot oil.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the Italian salad dressing mix, Ranch dressing mix, and gravy mix. Sprinkle them evenly over the roast. Pour in the beef broth and add the chopped onion.
- Seal and lock pressure cooker, and cook over high heat to build pressure until the indicator sounds (mine whistles). Turn heat down to medium, and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Run under cold water to help release the pressure before unsealing the lid. You can use the juices as an au jus, or thicken with flour or cornstarch to make a yummy gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.6 g, Cholesterol 103.5 mg, Fat 30.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 28.1 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 1644 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
PERFECT POT ROAST
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Combine the salt, pepper, and ground fennel in a small bowl. Generously season the roast with the spice mixture.
- Add enough oil to a large Dutch oven to coat the bottom. Heat it over medium-high heat, add the roast, and sear 8 to 10 minutes total, turning to brown all sides. Transfer the roast to a bowl.
- Add the carrots, onions, and garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables until browned, 5 to 8 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Remove the vegetables and place in a clean bowl.
- Deglaze the pot with 1 cup of the cider. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat. Add 2 cups of the broth and bring it to a boil again.
- Add 4 sprigs of the thyme, the rosemary, bay leaf, and roast to the pot (reserving the vegetables in the bowl). Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot, place it in the oven, and roast for 2 hours. Add the reserved vegetables and roast for 1 more hour, until the roast is fork-tender but not mushy.
- Remove the roast and vegetables to a large bowl or platter and cover to keep warm. Let the braising liquid cool slightly, then strain the liquid into a bowl (discard the solids).
- Skim off any fat that has risen to the top.
- Purée the braising liquid in a blender.
- To make the sauce, heat 2 tablespoons oil in the Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to combine with the oil. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup cider and the tomato paste and mix well.
- Return the braising liquid to the pot along with the remaining 1 1/2 cups beef broth and the remaining 2 thyme sprigs. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- To serve, slice the pot roast, arrange the vegetables around it, and pour the sauce over the top.
- Variations: Tipsy Pot Roast
- In many pot roast recipes, there is an element of alcohol. In mine, I use hard cider, but you can also try red wine, a heavy beer, or-for your Irish friends-Guinness. The booze gives the meat an extra dimension but won't get the family hammered.
More about "perfect pot roast recipes"
PERFECT POT ROAST - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (204)Total Time 4 hrs 35 minsCategory Beef, Dinner, Entree, Main CourseCalories 579 per serving
- In a large dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the roast on each side until browned, about 4 minutes per side adding more oil if needed.
- Arrange onions around the roast. Combine wine, broth, rosemary, garlic, and thyme. Pour over the roast. Add bay leaf.
POT ROAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
30 BEST POT ROAST RECIPES | EASY CHUCK ROAST RECIPES | RECIPES, …
BEST PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.6/5 (200)Category Beef,Easy,Main,Roast,VegetablesServings 6Total Time 15 mins
PERFECT POT ROAST - SAVOR AND SAGE
INSTANT POT PERFECT BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE
PERFECT POT ROAST - POMPEIAN
RACHEL COOKS WITH LOVE POT ROAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
PERFECT OVEN POT ROAST - COOKAHOLIC WIFE
8 PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
PERFECT POT ROAST | CANADIAN LIVING
17 PERFECT POT ROAST SIDES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
PERFECT POT ROAST - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
PERFECT POT ROAST WITH POTATOES - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
MAMA'S SLOW ROASTED POT ROAST - TENDER, EASY, DELICIOUS!
PERFECT POT ROAST - DUMMIES
PERFECT POT ROAST WITH POT ROAST GRAVY - SIMPLY SATED
PERFECT POT ROAST - ANDREW ZIMMERN
REE DRUMMOND PERFECT POT ROAST - RECIPE DIARIES
PERFECT POT ROAST - SOOO TENDER! - COOKTHESTORY
PERFECT POT ROAST - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
THE PERFECT SOUTHERN POT ROAST RECIPE
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE | COOK THE BOOK - SERIOUS EATS
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH POT ROAST RECIPE
THE PERFECT CROCK POT ROAST - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE – JAMAICAN RECIPE
PERFECT POT ROAST AND GRAVY RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
BEST POT ROAST RECIPE - PIONEER WOMAN POT ROAST
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT POT ROAST | YOU CAN COOK THAT - YOUTUBE
THE PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE FOR THE SLOW COOKER
POT-ROAST RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THE PERFECT POT ROAST - RACHEL COOKS®
BEST HERBS FOR POT ROAST : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET COOKING …
PERFECT SLOW COOKER POT ROAST RECIPE - TODAY'S CREATIVE IDEAS
GRANDMA'S POT ROAST RECIPE - HOW TO COOK PERFECT POT ROAST!
PERFECT INSTANT POT POT ROAST RECIPE - THE RECIPE REBEL
PERFECT POT ROAST AND GRAVY - MOM ON TIMEOUT
THE PERFECT CLASSIC POT ROAST | 12 TOMATOES
HOW TO COOK THE MOST TENDER AND JUICIEST POT ROAST RECIPE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #beef #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #roast-beef #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a pot roast in the oven?This Pot Roast is perfectly seasoned and served with tender vegetables! Preheat oven to 300°F. Season roast with salt and pepper. In a large dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the roast on each side until browned, about 4 minutes per side adding more oil if needed. Arrange onions around the roast.
How to cook a roast in a Dutch oven?1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. 2) In a Dutch oven, add one tablespoon of oil, allow to simmer over medium-high heat, meanwhile, season all sides of your roast well with some salt and pepper, add to the hot pot and allow to sear on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
What are the ingredients of a perfect pot roast?Ingredients for Perfect Pot Roast. 2-3 lb beef roast. 5-6 potatoes peeled and sliced into wedges. 1 bag of baby carrots. 2 in medium onions sliced half. 2 pkgs brown gravy mix. 2 c water. water.
How to cook a chuck roast in the oven?Watch how to make this recipe. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast. Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so.