PERFECT ROAST LEG OF LAMB
A perfectly roasted leg of lamb is a beautiful thing and here I want to guide you through the preparing, roasting and resting of this incredible joint of meat that will guarantee juiciness and flavour. There are many ways to flavour roast lamb, but I'm going old-school with garlic and rosemary, which I love. Trust me on the anchovies, it really works.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Yield 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Roughly chop the celery, carrots and onions, throwing into a large roasting tray as you go, with the bay leaves.
- With a sharp, pointed knife, follow the lamb bone down about 10cm to 12cm (you are just making a 'tunnel' where you are cutting the meat away from the bone). Do this from the top end and the bottom end. Pierce the skin at an angle with a sharp pointed knife 6 or 8 times at random around the leg, then open up the incisions by poking your fingers down them to make a bit of space. Rub the lamb all over with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Strip the leaves off the rosemary sprigs and peel and finely slice the garlic, then toss in a little drizzle of olive oil and a splash of red wine vinegar. Push a little rosemary, a couple of slices of garlic and an anchovy fillet (if using) into each hole, adding any leftovers and a good splash of water to the trivet tray with the veg.
- Place the lamb directly on the bars of the middle shelf of the oven, and place the tray on the shelf beneath. Turn the oven down to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and cook to your liking (see timings below).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 11.8 g fat, SaturatedFat 4.7 g saturated fat, Protein 21.3 g protein, Carbohydrate 0.8 g carbohydrate, Sugar 0.0 g sugar, Sodium 0.14 g salt, Fiber 0.4 g fibre
PERFECT ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
This easy no-fail roasted leg of lamb recipe, with a special Mediterranean seasoning, will give you the BEST lamb roast every single time! Remember, the best lamb leg is either cooked to perfect pink inside (internal temp somewhere around 130°F) or until the meat falls off the bone (internal temp somewhere around 175°F or beyond). Just avoid cooking your lamb to the in-between stage which can be tough. I like to cook some potatoes in the same pan to complete the meal. Add a big Mediterranean salad of your choice, you can't go wrong with Greek salad for this one.
Provided by Suzy Karadsheh
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring the leg of lamb to room temp. Take the leg of lamb out of the refrigerator and leave in room temperature for about 1 hour. In the meantime, prepare the remaining ingredients and make the lamb rub.
- Prepare the seasoning. To make the rub or seasoning, in a food processor, combine the rub ingredients. Blend until smooth. Set aside (or in the fridge, if preparing in advance).
- Salt the meat. When ready, pat the lamb dry and make a few slits on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the Lamb. Turn the oven on broil. Place the leg of lamb on a wire rack and put it directly on the top rack so that it's only a few inches away from the broiler element. Broil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the leg of lamb is nicely seared. Remove from the oven, then adjust the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Apply the seasoning or rub. When the lamb is cool enough to handle, insert the garlic slices in the slits you made earlier. Now cover the leg of lamb on all sides with the wet rub and place it in the middle of a roasting pan with an inside rack. Add two cups of water to the bottom of the roasting pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.5 kcal, Sugar 3 g, Sodium 129.3 mg, Fat 22.2 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Carbohydrate 38.1 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 41.5 g, Cholesterol 114.3 mg, UnsaturatedFat 15.5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ROAST LEG OF LAMB
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut slits in the top of the leg of lamb every 3 to 4 inches, deep enough to push slices of garlic down into the meat. Salt and pepper generously all over the top of lamb, place several sprigs of fresh rosemary under and on top of the lamb. Place lamb on roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated oven until the lamb is cooked to your desired doneness, about 1 3/4 to 2 hours. Do not overcook the lamb, the flavor is best if meat is still slightly pink. Let rest at least 10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.8 calories, Carbohydrate 0.4 g, Cholesterol 136.1 mg, Fat 25.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 35.8 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 136.3 mg
PERFECT LEG OF LAMB WITH ROASTED GOLDEN POTATOES
Make and share this Perfect Leg of Lamb With Roasted Golden Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Cleanfreshcuisine
Yield 8 , 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Scrub and halve the potatoes; set aside. Clean the garlic. Cut 4 to 5 cloves in half and roughly chop the rest.
- With a sharp knife, trim all fat from the leg of lamb. Wash with lemon juice and place in large roasting pan.
- Make scores, about 1/4″ deep, over entire top of lamb.
- Insert halved garlic cloves with a sharp knife at various intervals into leg. Spread chopped garlic over top of lamb and season with oregano, rosemary and pepper.
- Arrange halved potatoes around lamb, cut side up.
- Roast at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes to sear. Lower heat to 325 degrees and roast for an additional 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees for medium. Turn potatoes halfway through roasting time.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 972.2, Fat 58.6, SaturatedFat 25.4, Cholesterol 234.7, Sodium 205.7, Carbohydrate 43.6, Fiber 6, Sugar 2.6, Protein 66
More about "perfect roast leg of lamb recipes"
PERFECT ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PERFECT ROAST LEG OF GOAT - USING REVERSE SEAR
7-HOUR ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO ROAST LAMB THAT'S TENDER AND JUICY EVERY TIME
PERFECT ROASTED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB • SO DAMN DELISH
BEST ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER LAMB RECIPES
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory MainsPublished 2015-09-16
- Remove the lamb from the fridge 1 hour before you want to cook it, to let it come up to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6 and place a roasting dish for the potatoes on the bottom.
- Break the garlic bulb up into cloves, then peel 3, leaving the rest whole. Pick and roughly chop half the rosemary leaves. Peel and halve the potatoes.
- Crush the peeled garlic into a bowl, add the chopped rosemary, finely grate in the lemon zest and drizzle in a good lug of oil, then mix together.
- Season the lamb with sea salt and black pepper, then drizzle with the marinade and rub all over the meat. Place on the hot bars of the oven above the tray.
- Parboil the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes, then drain and allow to steam dry. Gently toss the potatoes in the colander to scuff up the edges, then tip back into the pan.
- Add the remaining rosemary sprigs and whole garlic cloves to the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over a good lug of oil. Tip the potatoes into the hot tray and place back under the lamb to catch all the lovely juices.
- Cook the lamb for 1 hour 15 minutes if you want it pink, or 1 hour 30 minutes if you like it more well done.
- Meanwhile, make the mint sauce. Pick and finely chop the mint leaves, then place in a small bowl. Mix in the sugar, a good pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of hot water and the vinegar.
- When the lamb is cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 15 minutes or so. Carve and serve with the roast potatoes, mint sauce and some seasonal greens.
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT ROAST LAMB - RECIPES
STEP-BY-STEP BONELESS LEG OF LAMB ROAST RECIPE - IFOODREAL.COM
ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ROAST LEG OF LAMB - EASY MEALS WITH VIDEO RECIPES BY CHEF JOEL …
PERFECT ROAST LAMB - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
10-HOUR SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH HOMEMADE FLATBREADS
TOP 44 BEST RECIPE FOR LEG OF LAMB ROAST RECIPES
MOUTH–WATERING ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - NKECHI …
SLOW COOKER SUNDAY LUNCH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO ROAST LAMB LEG | COOK WITH KEVERI | OUR FALL FAVORITES …
THE SECRETS TO COOKING A PERFECT LEG OF LAMB | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK LAMB LEG ROAST? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
THE PERFECT ROAST LEG OF LAMB - BY RECIPE30.COM GREAT …
SLOW ROAST LEG OF LAMB | RECIPETIN EATS
RECIPE OF PERFECT ROAST LEG OF LAMB | THE BRITISH BUFFET
PERFECT BONELESS LEG OF LAMB ROAST RECIPE - WHAT'S COOKING …
You'll also love