GRANDMA'S WONDERFUL PICNIC CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk flour, white sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cloves together in a bowl. Beat eggs and vegetable oil in a separate large bowl until creamy; mix applesauce into egg mixture. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; stir until batter is smooth. Fold 1/2 cup walnuts and raisins into batter. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar, 1 cup walnuts, and chocolate chips together in a bowl; spread over the cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 150.2 mg, Sugar 19.4 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. Place marshmallows in a single, even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. By hand, stir in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in nuts and bananas.
- Pour batter over marshmallows, making sure that marshmallows are covered, and that the batter reaches all sides of the pan.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 45 minutes. Marshmallows will rise to top and make a topping. The cake may look slightly underbaked because of the marshmallow topping. Allow the cake to cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.4 calories, Carbohydrate 53.6 g, Cholesterol 31.4 mg, Fat 15 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 360.6 mg, Sugar 35.8 g
These moist cupcakes don't need frosting, so they're perfect for a picnic or traveling. Kids and adults love them! -Florence Leinweber, Endicott, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. , In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Fold in chips. , Drop by tablespoonfuls into batter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 203mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
PICNIC BERRY SHORTCAKES
You can make the berry sauce ahead of time and chill it. Then assemble the entire dessert right before the picnic or party. -Frieda Bliesner, McAllen, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Add 1 cup strawberries; mash mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime zest. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until chilled., Cut sponge cakes crosswise in half; trim the cakes to fit in the bottoms of 4 wide-mouth half-pint canning jars. In a small bowl, mix blueberries and remaining strawberries; spoon over cakes. Top with sauce. If desired, serve with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 67mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHOCOLATE PICNIC CAKE
Rich, moist and chocolaty, this scrumptious cake is very versatile. It freezes well...and the chocolate chip topping makes it easy to pack in lunches and carry along to picnics. At home, we like it topped with vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the egg, sugar, water and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. , Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335 calories, Fat 16g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 211mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
PICNIC CAKE (WITH DATES)
- Combine the first 3 ingredients; let rest until cool.
- Cream margarine and sugar, adding eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture. Fold in cooled dates.
- Pour in a 9" x 13" baking pan. Mix TOPPING ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.
CHOCOLATE PICNIC CAKE
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven to second lowest position.
- Grease an 8-inch square or round pan.
- In the microwave melt chocolate squares; cool 10 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg and sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the water and oil.
- Stir in melted chocolate and dry ingredients; mix until blended.
- Pour batter into greased pan then sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake for 32-38 minuntes or until cake tests done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 524.5, Fat 26.5, SaturatedFat 9.9, Cholesterol 35.2, Sodium 316.8, Carbohydrate 73.8, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 48.8, Protein 6.1
FAY'S PICNIC CAKE
This is very easy and simply delicious. Similar to some dump cakes but different ingrediants. I like it best served with either cool whip, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. Fay was my mother and she was given the recipe by some unknown person many years ago.
Provided by CarrolJ
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a 9 x 13 ungreased baking pan place the peaches and juice.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top of the dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle the nuts on the top of the coconut.
- Drizzle the melted margarine evenly over the cake.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until it is nicely browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.8, Fat 20.2, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 0.6, Sodium 368.5, Carbohydrate 33.3, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 18.9, Protein 3.8
TAKE ME TO A PICNIC CAKE
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1 inchjellyroll pan.
- in medium sauce pan combine water, butter and cocoa.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixtures boils.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat:Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour,baking soda,& salt, Add eggs and sour cream, beat until blended.
- Batter will be thin.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Using the ingredients for Peanut Butter Chip FrostingIn medium sauce pan combine butter, milk& peanut butter chips.
- cook over low heat stirring constantly, until chips are melted& mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat,stir in vanilla.
- In small mixer bowl, place powdered sugar.
- Gradually add chips mixture, beating until well blended.
- Makes about 2 cups frosting.
- Chocolate Garnish: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips& 1 tsp.
- Cook on High for 1 minute.
- Stir until chips are melted& margarine is smooth.
- Spread Peanut Butter Chip Frosting over cake.
- Drizzle chocolate garnish over top of the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.8, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 68.6, Sodium 262.2, Carbohydrate 45.5, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 33.9, Protein 5.8
this recipe was given to me by a friend years ago. It is a moist, dense cake and freezes or transports well. (hence the name "picnic cake" :) )
Provided by beancooker
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter and firmly packed brown sugar till light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla and mix well.Sift together flour, salt and soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in oats,pour into greased 9x13 pan. combine buttescotch morsels, nuts and coconut. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
CHOCOLATE PICNIC CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large saucepan, prepare the pudding according to the instructions on the box. Remove from heat. Mix cake mix into the hot pudding and stir until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and sprinkle with the chocolate chips and walnuts. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.6 calories, Carbohydrate 35.1 g, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 265.6 mg, Sugar 19.7 g
More about "picnic cake recipes"
PICNIC CAKE - GREAT FOR FEEDING A CROWD! - FAVORITE FAMILY …
5/5 (4)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 458 per serving
90+ PICNIC DESSERTS - DESSERT RECIPES FOR YOUR SUMMER PARTY!
11 MAKE-AHEAD PICNIC DESSERTS | ALLRECIPES
SUMMER'S 15 BEST PORTABLE PICNIC DESSERTS | ALLRECIPES
NUTTY GRAHAM PICNIC CAKE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SUPER COOL PICNIC PARTY PLAID CAKE - MAMA BEAR'S …
40 PICNIC DESSERTS THAT ARE PERFECT FOR SUMMER - TASTE OF …
PICNIC RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
PICNIC RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
40 FUN PICNIC FOOD IDEAS – A COUPLE COOKS
GRANDMA'S PICNIC CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
PICNIC CAKE – 5 BOYS BAKER
PICNIC CAKE RECIPES - ENJOY GRANDMA'S FAVORITE CAKES FOR …
35 CHURCH PICNIC DESSERTS THAT'LL BE THE TALK OF THE TOWN
40 CHURCH PICNIC DESSERTS | TASTE OF HOME
RECIPES FOR THE PERFECT PICNIC | FAMILY FOOD | JAMIE OLIVER
NUTTY PICNIC CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
35+ BEST PICNIC FOOD IDEAS (+RECIPES) - THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
EASY PICNIC BAKES - BBC FOOD
47+ EASY PICNIC RECIPES FOR A CROWD - ALL THINGS MAMMA
PICNIC RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE | YANKEE MAGAZINE - NEW ENGLAND …
PICNIC CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE PICNIC CAKE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
PICNIC DESSERT RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PICNIC CAKE - OASIS DATE GARDENS®
BEST FAMILY PICNIC RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
39 BEST PICNIC DESSERTS - EASY PICNIC DESSERTS - DELISH
PICNIC FOOD | PICNIC IDEAS | TESCO REAL FOOD
27 EASY PICNIC RECIPES & IDEAS | SUMMER ENTERTAINING GUIDE | FOOD …
PICNIC RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
TAKE ME TO A PICNIC CAKE | RECIPES
THE PERFECT APPLE PICNIC CAKE - FUNKYFORTY
SUMMER PICNIC LEMON CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
CHOCOLATE PICNIC CAKE | MIDWEST LIVING
29 FRESH PICNIC RECIPES - COOKIE AND KATE
STRAWBERRY PICNIC CAKE - CADBURY
TOP 60 PICNIC RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #desserts #oven #picnic #cakes #dietary #to-go #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love