This recipe is a hearty, zesty main dish with a crisp, golden crust. Feel free to add your favorite toppings. -Marianne Edwards, Lake Stevens, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 pizzas (3 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking meat into crumbles; drain. , Punch down dough; divide in half. Press each half into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Combine the tomato sauce, oregano and basil; spread over each crust. Top with beef mixture, green pepper and cheese. , Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537 calories, Fat 19g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 922mg sodium, Carbohydrate 64g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
Make your own pizza with a crispy base, mozzarella cheese and a fresh tomato sauce. Add simple toppings like slices of ham and rocket if you like.
Provided by John Torode
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Makes 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix together the yeast and sugar with 250ml warm water and leave to sit for 10 mins. Place half the flour in a table-top mixer with a dough hook, pour in the yeast mixture and beat at medium speed for 10 mins (or mix in a bowl, then knead with oiled hands in the bowl for 5-10 mins).
- Leave somewhere warm for 10 more mins, then add the remaining flour and oil. Beat or knead to a dough for a further 5 mins. Put in a well-oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and place somewhere warm to double in size - about 1½ hrs.
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a pan over a moderate heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 mins, stirring constantly. Add the garlic, 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp ground black pepper and cook for 2 mins more. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a good 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once your dough has doubled in size, slap it down on a lightly floured surface and knead for 4 mins until soft but not too elastic. Divide into 6 pieces, roll into balls and leave to rest for 10 mins. Heat oven to the highest temperature possible (270C fan in the Good Food test kitchen) and place a flat baking sheet in the oven.
- With a well-floured rolling pin, roll out each ball of dough as thinly as possible. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, oil or dust with flour, then carefully transfer the dough base onto it. Spread over some of the tomato sauce (I like to apply it in the quantity that you would spread Marmite on toast, or the base will be soft and fall to bits), then the cheese and any toppings you desire.
- Cook for between 5-10 mins depending on your oven temp, until the base is crisp and the cheese melted. Scatter with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 51 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 21 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
DEEP DISH PIZZA RECIPE BY TASTY
Great news: You don't have to travel to Chicago to eat doughy, cheesy deep dish pizza because now, you can make it right in your kitchen. The most time-consuming part of this recipe is making the dough, but you can prepare it up to a month in advance and freeze it for later. Bake the dough in a deep dish pan covered with homemade tomato sauce, sausage, and cheese until it's golden-brown and bubbling.
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the pizza sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the onion, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, sugar, and crushed tomatoes, and simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- For the dough, combine the active dry yeast, sugar, and warm water together and let sit for one minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and butter into the dry ingredients and stir until dough forms.
- Bring dough to floured surface and knead until dough forms into a ball.
- Move dough to large bowl drizzled with olive oil. Coat dough in oil and cover. Let rest for 1 hour.
- Remove dough and bring onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and begin working dough out, ensuring that it is at least 2 inches (5 cm) wider than your deep dish pan.
- Double wrap the remaining dough with plastic wrap and place in a resealable freezer bag. Freeze for up to a month.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (215°C).
- Bring your dough into your oiled and floured deep dish pan.
- Using your hands press dough into sides of your dish making it as even as possible.
- Lay slices of mozzarella across the dough, covering the entire bottom.
- Add pieces of uncased italian sausage on top of the mozzarella and top with tomato sauce.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust starts to lightly brown and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parmesan, cut and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 624 calories, Carbohydrate 64 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 28 grams, Sugar 8 grams
EASY AND QUICK HOMEMADE PIZZA
- In large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients.
- Mix water and oil; add to flour mixture.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead for 2 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Punch down; place on 12in, greased pizza pan.
- Pat into a circle.
- Topping: Mix first 5 ingredients and spread over crust.
- Put a few pepperoni slices on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the mozzeralla; 1/2 the monterey jack, and 1/2 the parmesan.
- Put the rest of the pepperoni on.
- Repeat the cheese layer.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes or until light brown.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPE BY TASTY
Making homemade pizza dough can sound like a lot of work, but it's so worth the bragging rights. The dough itself requires few ingredients and just a little bit of rising and rest time. While you wait for the dough to be ready, you can get to work prepping your tomato sauce, chopping fresh vegetables, or grating the cheese you'll put on top. Bake for 15 minutes, garnish with basil (or, let's be real, more cheese), and enjoy showing off your way-better-than-takeout creation.
Provided by Brenda Blanco
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- "Bloom" the yeast by sprinkling the sugar and yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle and add the olive oil and bloomed yeast mixture. Using a spoon, mix until a shaggy dough begins to form.
- Once the flour is mostly hydrated, turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for 10-15 minutes. The dough should be soft, smooth, and bouncy. Form the dough into a taut round.
- Grease a clean, large bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for another minute or so, then cut into 4 equal portions and shape into rounds.
- Lightly flour the dough, then cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes to an hour while you prepare the sauce and any other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven as high as your oven will allow, between 450-500˚F (230-260˚C). Place a pizza stone, heavy baking sheet (turn upside down so the surface is flat), or cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce: Add the salt to the can of tomatoes and puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Once the dough has rested, take a portion and start by poking the surface with your fingertips, until bubbles form and do not deflate.
- Then, stretch and press the dough into a thin round. Make it thinner than you think it should be, as it will slightly shrink and puff up during baking.
- Sprinkle semolina onto an upside down baking sheet and place the stretched crust onto it. Add the sauce and ingredients of your choice.
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone or pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust and cheese are golden brown.
- Add any garnish of your preference.
- Nutrition Calories: 1691 Fat: 65 grams Carbs: 211 grams Fiber: 12 grams Sugars: 60 grams Protein: 65 grams
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302 calories, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 1 gram
More about "pizza recipes"
50 EASY PIZZAS : RECIPES AND COOKING - FOOD NETWORK
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
OUR 26 BEST PIZZA RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY …
BEST PIZZA RECIPES - PILLSBURY.COM
THE 10 BEST PIZZA RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH | RICARDO
10 EASY FLATBREAD PIZZA RECIPES - FORK IN THE KITCHEN
20 HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPES THAT ARE THE DEFINITION OF …
PIZZA RECIPES | RECIPETIN EATS
PIZZA RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
41 EASY PIZZA RECIPES THAT ARE EVEN FASTER THAN DELIVERY
BEST PIZZA RECIPES OF ALL TIME | ALLRECIPES
OUR BEST PIZZA RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
36 DELICIOUSLY CREATIVE PIZZA RECIPES - DIY JOY
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE – BEST EVER HOMEMADE PIZZA! | RECIPETIN EATS
25 GREAT PIZZA RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S PIZZA RECIPE - CHATELAINE
THE EASIEST PIZZA YOU'LL EVER MAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
DELICIOUS PIZZA RECIPES | RICARDO
PIZZA RECIPES | GOURMET TRAVELLER
THESE 16 PIZZA RECIPES ARE SO GOOD, YOU'LL NEVER ORDER IN AGAIN
PIZZA RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
62 PIZZA RECIPES - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
THE 35 BEST PIZZA RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
12 EASY AND DELICIOUS PIZZA-INSPIRED RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
21 HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPES TO MAKE FOR PIZZA NIGHT | CHATELAINE
PIZZA RECIPES - BBC FOOD
PIZZA RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
THE ULTIMATE PIZZA DOUGH | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST PIZZA RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
PIZZA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE PIZZA | HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPE
37 PIZZA RECIPES TO MAKE YOUR PERFECT PIE | EPICURIOUS
PIZZA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOMEMADE PIZZA & PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
22+ LOW-CARB & KETO PIZZAS - DIET DOCTOR
GOURMET PIZZA RECIPES - FOOD.COM
80+ HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE PIZZA AT HOME
20 POPULAR PIZZA TOPPINGS – A COUPLE COOKS
23 EASY PIZZA APPETIZERS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
14+ BEST VEGETARIAN PIZZA RECIPES AND TOPPINGS
EASY PIZZA RECIPES - BBC FOOD
17 BEST PIZZA RECIPES | EASY PIZZA RECIPES - NDTV FOOD
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PIZZA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#dietary #low-cholesterol #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a pizza with pizza sauce?Spread with 1/4 cup pizza sauce, 130g / 1 1/3 cups freshly grated mozzarella, then toppings of choice (see Topping recipes here ). Bake 10 minutes, rotating at 4 minutes and checking at 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and has some golden spots. Cut into wedges, serve immediately!! Repeat process for remaining balls to make two more pizzas. 1.
How do you make the perfect pizza dough?Make a well and add 1 1/3 cups warm water, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 packet yeast. When foamy, mix in 3 tablespoons olive oil; knead until smooth, 5 minutes. Brush with olive oil, cover in a bowl and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Divide into two 1-pound balls. Use 1 pound per recipe unless noted. Short on time?
What are the ingredients in a homemade pizza recipe?Ingredients 1 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast 2 1 teaspoon sugar 3 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°) 4 1/4 cup canola oil 5 1 teaspoon salt 6 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour 7 1/2 pound ground beef 8 1 small onion, chopped 9 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce 10 3 teaspoons dried oregano More items...
What do you put on your pizza?His fan-favorite recipe calls for a homemade dough, which he tops with mozzarella, sausage, pepperoni and hand-crushed tomatoes. A sprinkle of Parmesan adds the finishing touch!