SAUSAGE-AND-PEPPER RAGU OVER POLENTA
Browning Italian sausage, colorful bell peppers, and onions before stewing them with tomato paste and chicken broth gives the resulting ragu tons of flavor. Serve this quick, easy dinner over creamy polenta topped with Parmesan and fresh parsley.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high; melt 2 tablespoons butter. Pierce sausages with a fork; add to skillet. Cook until browned in places, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, cut vegetables into 1/2-inch slices; add to skillet. Season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until browned in places, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Return sausages to skillet with 3/4 cup broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes. Uncover; simmer until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- In a saucepan, combine polenta, 2 cups broth, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Serve, with ragu, parsley, and more cheese and pepper.
POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
- Bring 6 cups of water to a simmer and add the polenta. Cook over low heat, stirring often, 45 minutes. Stir in the butter, Parmesan and olive oil and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, sausage, garlic, peppers, onion and crushed red pepper to a large cast-iron pot and simmer, 30 minutes. Serve sauce over polenta, topped with some ricotta and basil.
RAGU SAUSAGE AND POLENTA BAKE #RAGU
Ragú® Recipe Contest Entry. This beautiful casserole comes together in minutes with the use of flavorful Ragu Pasta sauce and prepared polenta. It's layered with Italian sausage, peppery arugula, and creamy goat cheese, and is a comforting dish your family will love.
Provided by haveyourselfatime
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a deep, heavy skillet, brown the Italian Sausage. Drain off the fat and set aside. Wipe out the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add the canola oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Place the bread crumbs in one bowl, the eggs in another, and the flour in a third bowl. Add the salt and 1/2 tsp of the pepper to the flour and stir.
- Slice the polenta into 1/2 inch rounds. Dip each slice in the seasoned flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs. Repeat with all of the polenta.
- Fry each polenta round for about one minute per side, just until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- In an 8 X 8 casserole dish, pour about 3/4 cup of the Ragu and spread it around with a spoon.
- Alternately layer a tablespoon of sausage and a polenta round, overlapping the rounds as you go. Fill the entire dish with alternating polenta and sausage.
- Spoon the remainder of the Ragu onto the casserole. Top it with 1/2 of the arugula. Then, pinch off clumps of the goat cheese and scatter them around the surface of the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, just until the ingredients are heated through.
- Top with the remaining arugula and black pepper. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1196.4, Fat 94.4, SaturatedFat 19.3, Cholesterol 167.8, Sodium 2595, Carbohydrate 50.2, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 3.2, Protein 36.4
CHEESY POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE RAGOUT
Creamy and hearty, polenta makes a great alternative to mashed potatoes or pasta- serve topped with a tomato-based sauce flavoured with rosemary
Provided by Katy Greenwood
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium-high heat and cook the onion and garlic for a few mins. Stir in the sausages, breaking them up into small pieces as you go, and cook for another 8-9 mins. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, stock, purée and most of the rosemary. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 8-10 mins or until the mixture is thickened. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, make up the polenta following pack instructions. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese, with some seasoning. Spoon the polenta onto 4 plates, then top with the ragout and a sprinkling of the remaining rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 53 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 3.1 milligram of sodium
SAUSAGE & PEPPERS WITH CHEESE POLENTA
Who'd have thought that Italian sausage and peppers could be healthy and light? The creamy Asiago polenta is the perfect backdrop for the sauteed meat mixture.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring 2-1/2 cups broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon 15-20 minutes or until polenta is thickened and pulls away cleanly from sides of pan., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, peppers and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add remaining broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; heat through., Remove polenta from heat; stir in cheese, milk and butter until cheese is melted. Serve with sausage mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 647mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "polenta sausage stuffed pepper gondolas ragu recipes"
ITALIAN SAUSAGE-PEPPER RAGU WITH POLENTA - FLIPPED-OUT …
5/5 (4)Calories 430 per servingTotal Time 55 mins
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the sausages on 2 sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Saute the onions and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, start the polenta (see below). Add the peppers and crushed pepper flakes (if using); saute until soft, about 5 additional minutes. Add the fish sauce (if using; see Recipe Note #1). Turn the heat to high and add the wine, scraping skillet with a wooden spoon to loosen any fond on the bottom. Return the sausages to the skillet. Add the diced tomatoes and sauce.
- Check the sauce for seasoning, adjusting as needed. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve with the polenta.
SAUSAGE RAGù OVER POLENTA RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Total Time 25 minsCalories 366 per serving
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS POLENTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SMOKED SAUSAGE RAGù AND PARMESAN POLENTA - VINDULGE
DUMPLING WITH SAUSAGE RAGù OR GNOCCHI DI POLENTA
BAKED POLENTA WITH BEEF AND SAUSAGE RAGU - INSIDE THE RUSTIC …
CHEESY STUFFED POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE & TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE
MUSHROOM AND SAUSAGE RAGù WITH POLENTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SOFT POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE RAGU - THE STAR
SIMPLE SAUSAGE RAGU OVER POLENTA - MEG'S EVERYDAY INDULGENCE
LIGHT AND CHEAP SAUSAGE RAGU OVER A DELICIOUS CREAMY …
BEST SAUSAGE RAGU WITH CREAMY PARMESAN POLENTA RECIPE
MARIO BATALI’S SAUSAGE & PEPPER RAGU WITH POLENTA
ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGU OVER POLENTA - THE MOUNTAIN KITCHEN
JOE WICKS' SAUSAGE & LENTIL RAGU WITH POLENTA - YOU MAGAZINE
ITALIAN PORK SAUSAGE RAGU WITH POLENTA: ITALIAN RECIPES
POLENTA WITH SPICY SAUSAGE RAGù RECIPE | MUTTI
BAKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGU WITH POLENTA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
POLENTA WITH SPICY SAUSAGE RAGù RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SAUSAGE RAGù RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
POLENTA AND SAUSAGE RAGU RECIPE | MUTTI US
SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM RAGU POLENTA BOARD RECIPE - STEAMY …
SAUSAGE AND POLENTA RECIPE IDEAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE RAGU - EXPLORE ITALY AND BEYOND
SAUSAGE RAGU POLENTA BOWLS - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
PARMESAN POLENTA WITH QUICK RAGU RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VEGAN SAUSAGE & PEPPER RAGù WITH CREAMY POLENTA
SAUSAGE-AND-PEPPER RAGU OVER POLENTA - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
RECIPE: SAUSAGE RAGù OVER CREAMY POLENTA - KITCHN
SLOW COOKER POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE RAGù - MEMORIE DI ANGELINA
SAUSAGE-AND-PEPPER RAGU OVER POLENTA RECIPE | RECIPE | STUFFED …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE-PEPPER RAGU WITH POLENTA - YOUTUBE
SAUSAGE RAGU AND POLENTA RECIPE - MADD KITCHEN
RECIPE: POLENTA WITH PORK SAUSAGE RAGU - THE ESSENTIAL INGREDIENT
ITALIAN SAUSAGE POLENTA RECIPE + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS OVER POLENTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SAUSAGE RAGU AND POLENTA - COLD WEATHER COMFORT
SLOW COOKER SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGU - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
BAKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGU WITH POLENTA RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
You'll also love