- Bring a large pot of salted waterto a boil. Cook noodles until tender; drain and return to pot. Stir in butter; cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combinepork with 1 tablespoon paprika; season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high; cook pork, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate (reserve skillet).
- Return skillet to stove; reduce heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon oil and onion; cook until onion is soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add pork, remaining tablespoon paprika, tomatoes with their juice, and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook, until sauce is slightly thickened, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, and stirin sour cream; season with salt and pepper. Serve paprikash over noodles, garnished with parsley, if desired.
PORK CHOPS WITH PAPRIKA IN CREAM SAUCE (CôTES DE PORC HONGROISE)
- Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper and paprika. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the pork chops. Cook until nicely browned on one side, about 10 minutes. Turn and saute until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Pour the fat from the skillet. Sprinkle the onion between the pork chops and cook briefly. Transfer the pork chops to a platter; keep warm.
- Add the wine to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the liquid is almost fully reduced. Add the cream and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the pork chops with the sauce on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 502, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 42 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 685 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH
I (Bird) adapted this recipe from a wonderful little mom/pop truck stop off I-85 in cowpens, SC called Mr. Waffle. This recipe makes very tender chops that are full of flavor. We prefer thin cut breakfast chops, but this recipe is also good using a family pack of assorted chops. A great way to ensure tender and moist chops is to soak them in a brine of 1 cup milk to 1/2 Tbs salt for at least 1 hour before using in a recipe.
Provided by 2Bleu
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 250F (low). Mix spices together and rub generously onto both sides of chops. Set aside.
- Heat oil and bacon grease in a large skillet. Dredge chops in flour (using a plastic grocery bag makes it super easy) and sear chops (in batches) over medium high heat just to brown the outside. Add extra oil if necessary.
- Place the chops into a 9x13 pan directly from the pan so the excess grease also goes into the baking dish.
- When all the chops are seared and in the baking dish, cover very tightly with foil. Bake for about 2 hours for perfect tenderness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 784.7, Fat 46.4, SaturatedFat 14.1, Cholesterol 277.7, Sodium 227.6, Carbohydrate 4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 0.4, Protein 83.4
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH
- Preheat broiler Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Separate onion slices into rings; add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1 teaspoon paprika, garlic salt and pepper over both sides of pork chops.
- Place chops on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil, 4 to 5 inches from heat source, 5 minutes.
- Turn; broil 4 to 5 minutes until chops are barely pink in center.
- Combine cooked onion with sauerkraut, sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika; mix well.
- Garnish chops with onion mixture, or spread onion mixture over chops and return to broiler.
- Broil just until hot, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.9, Fat 24.2, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 109.2, Sodium 188.7, Carbohydrate 4.6, Fiber 1, Sugar 1.5, Protein 29.9
BASIC PAPRIKA PORK CHOPS
- Pat the pork chops thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of all the pork chops evenly with the spice mixture. Set aside the chops while you prepare the pan.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the surface of the pan is hot, add the oil and heat until the oil shimmers. Add the pork chops-they should make a bright sizzling sound immediately upon touching the pan; if they don't, take them out and let the pan and oil get a bit hotter. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the chops, undisturbed, until they're well browned and they release from the pan of their own accord, about 4 minutes. Turn and repeat on the other side.
- Remove the chops from pan and let sit, covered loosely with foil, for about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145 kcal, Carbohydrate 0 g, Cholesterol 33 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 551 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 11 g, ServingSize 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
HUNGARIAN PORK CHOPS
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge seasoned chops in flour. Heat oil in a large skillet and brown seasoned chops in oil (covering skillet with lid if desired). Pour off fat.
- In a medium bowl combine the sour cream, sherry, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and bay leaf. Mix together and pour mixture over chops in skillet. Cover and let simmer gently over low heat for about 1 hour, or until chops are tender and cooked through. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chop should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.9 g, Cholesterol 78.6 mg, Fat 24.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 17.7 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 429.7 mg, Sugar 5 g
A nicely spiced sauce with diced tomatoes seasons cubes of pork in this hearty entree. I often scramble to put a meal on the table, but this comes together so quickly. My family oohs and aahs the whole time they're eating it. -Monette Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook pork in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Add the onion, green pepper and garlic to pan; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add the next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pork. Serve over noodles if desired. Dollop with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 372mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Tender cubes of pork tenderloin make this satisfying Hungarian-style dish easy enough to make on a weeknight. Two kinds of paprika-sweet and smoked-gives the sauce extra depth of flavor, while a bit of cayenne lends a subtle kick of heat. Make this a meal by serving it over egg noodles or pappardelle, topped with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of fresh dill.
Provided by Justin Chapple
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of the canola oil until shimmering. Add half of the pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned but not cooked through, about 5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining pork.
- Spoon off the fat from the skillet or Dutch oven, then melt the butter in the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Add the onion, garlic and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in both paprikas and the cayenne, then stir in the flour and cook until fragrant and the mixture starts to stick to the bottom, about 1 minute.
- Gradually stir or whisk in the broth and tomatoes until incorporated. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the sauce is bubbling and slightly thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add the noodles or pappardelle to the boiling water and cook as the label directs; drain.
- Nestle the pork in the sauce and cook, stirring gently, until the pork is just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the 1/4 cup of sour cream. Serve over the cooked noodles or pappardelle, topped with sour cream and dill sprigs.
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH
A package of ready-made potatoes O'Brien is an unlikely but ingenious ingredient in these Hungarian-style pork chops.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add potatoes; spread to form even layer on bottom of skillet. Cook 7 to 11 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Spoon into bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Combine paprika and pepper; sprinkle evenly onto both sides of chops. Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add chops; cook 3 to 4 min. on each side or until done (145ºF). Remove from skillet, reserving any drippings in skillet; cover chops to keep warm.
- Add onions to same skillet; cook 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in sauerkraut; cook 3 to 4 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream.
- Serve chops with sauerkraut mixture and potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 27 g
ROAST PORK PAPRIKASH
"My Ukrainian great-grandmother made something similar to this roast when I was young," recalls Michelle Nichol of Bedford, Nova Scotia. " I don't have her recipe, so I adapted one from a Russian cookbook to suit my family's tastes. It's well worth the effort...the velvety gravy is absolutely delicious!"
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cut six garlic cloves into slices. With a knife, cut slits in roast; insert garlic slices. Rub meat with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat on all sides. Remove pork from pan. With a spatula, spread mustard over roast., In a roasting pan, place the tomatoes, onions, celery and green pepper. Add broth. Place roast on vegetables. Sprinkle roast and vegetables with 1/2 teaspoon paprika. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm., For gravy, strain vegetables, reserving cooking liquid. Set vegetables aside. Skim fat from liquid. In a food processor, puree vegetables and 1/2 cup cooking liquid until smooth. Combine 1 cup pureed vegetables and remaining cooking liquid. Add enough water to measure 2-1/2 cups; set aside., In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and remaining garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice, thyme, remaining salt and paprika and reserved pureed vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 72mg cholesterol, Sodium 446mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SMOKED PAPRIKA RUB
A lot of purchased barbecue sauces are really high in sugar. If you need to watch the amount of sugar in your diet, try grilling pork chops with this flavorful rub, instead. The rub goes on in advance so the flavors can penetrate the chops.
Provided by Bibi
Categories BBQ & Grilled Pork Chops
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine smoked paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Pat chops dry with a paper towel and evenly distribute dry ingredient mixture on front and back of each chop. With fingertips, lightly rub dry ingredient mixture into the chops on both sides.
- Place chops on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove rubbed chops from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- While chops are getting to room temperature, clean the grate of an outdoor gas grill and preheat to medium heat.
- When the grill is ready, lightly spray chops with avocado oil spray.
- Lightly oil the grill grates, place chops on the grill, and cook for about 3 minutes. Rotate chops 90 degrees to create a criss-cross grill pattern and continue grilling for 3 minutes. Turn chops and grill until pork chops are no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Remove to a serving platter and allow to rest under a foil tent, for about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.7 calories, Carbohydrate 1.5 g, Cholesterol 94.9 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 548.9 mg
More about "pork chops paprikash recipes"
10 BEST HUNGARIAN PORK PAPRIKASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
JUICY BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH GARLIC AND PAPRIKA
SLOW COOKER PORK PAPRIKASH - SLENDER KITCHEN
FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH PAPRIKA RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH - THE GOOD PLATE
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 301 per serving
- Heat oil in a skillet, and when the oil is heated, put the chops into the skillet, and brown on both sides. Do not burn.
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH — JANEVA'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RECIPE: SWEET AND SMOKED PAPRIKA COAT THICK PORK CHOPS SERVED …
EASY GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SAVORY MARINADE - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
PORK CHOPS IN A MUSHROOM PAPRIKA SAUCE - CLOSET COOKING
PAPRIKA PORK CHOPS WITH ZUCCHINI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST JUICY SKILLET PORK CHOPS - INSPIRED TASTE
15 EASY PORK CHOP RECIPES - BEST RECIPES FOR PORK CHOPS
10 KETO PORK CHOP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH - EASTERN EUROPEAN RECIPES
PORK PAPRIKASH (WITH EGG NOODLES) / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
PORK CHOP PAPRIKA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH UNDER PRESSURE - SPICE CHRONICLES
JUICY BAKED PORK CHOPS (SUPER EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
HUNGARIAN PAPRIKA SOUR CREAM PORK CHOPS
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH | RECIPE | PORK CHOPS, PORK, EASY WINTER RECIPES
PAPRIKA-BUTTER PORK CHOPS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
PORK CHOP PAPRIKASH RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
PAPRIKA PORK CHOPS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST 24 AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS RECIPES - GO COOK YUMMY
RECIPES PAPRIKA-SPICED PORK CHOPS | SOSCUISINE
PORK PAPRIKASH RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH ONE-DISH …
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH - 200,000+ FREE RECIPES & MEAL PLANS
15 TERIYAKI PORK CHOPS OVEN RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
PORK CHOPS PAPRIKASH - BIGOVEN.COM
PAPRIKA PORK CHOPS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH BROWN SUGAR AND PAPRIKA RECIPE
BAKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
WHAT SPICES TO USE ON PORK CHOPS? - VERYMEATY
PAPRIKA MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS – A KITCHEN HOOR'S ADVENTURES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #pork #vegetables #oven #easy #broil #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #pork-chops #onions #equipment
You'll also love