- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine pecans, sugar, butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla. Heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Let cool completely.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a 3-quart saucepan, mix together sugar and baking soda. Add cream and place over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking occasionally, until golden brown and mixture reaches 235 degrees on a candy thermometer, 25 to 30 minutes. Add butter and pecans and mix together until butter has melted and mixture is well combined, about 1 minute. Using a tablespoon, drop mixture onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart; let cool completely.
With pecans so plentiful in Texas, these sweet crunchy nuts have become an expected tradition. Everyone in my family asks me to make them again and again for festive gatherings.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, water, honey and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; do not stir. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; add extracts. Cool to lukewarm without stirring., Beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes or until creamy. Stir in pecans until coated. Turn onto waxed paper (mixture will be sticky); separate large clumps. Cool for several hours or until dry and sugary. Store in an airtight container.
Here is as incredibly easy recipe for candied pecans - perfect for gift-giving or Christmas party dessert treats.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Line 15x10-inch pan with sides with waxed paper. In heavy 3-quart saucepan, stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, milk and corn syrup. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 7 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, to 234°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into a cup of very cold water forms a ball that flattens when removed from water.
- Remove from heat; vigorously stir in pecans. Spoon mixture into pan, spreading in even layer. Let stand 20 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Combine all ingredients except the pecans in a heavy saucepan. Over medium heat stir mixture until it comes to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and continue to stir. Spoon mixture up on sides of pan to melt any sugar that hasn't melted.
- Cook until mixture reaches 238 to 241 degrees F on a candy thermometer or soft ball stage. Stir in the pecans. Remove from heat. Stir until the mixture begins to thicken and becomes creamy and cloudy. Drop onto parchment paper, buttered pan or buttered marble slab, using a spoon or ice cream scoop. Let cool.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
CREAMY PECAN PRALINES
- Mix light brown sugar, granulated sugar, heavy cream, butter, water and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until sugar dissolves. Stir in pecans and cook over medium heat until mixture reaches the soft ball stage, 238 to 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer. If you spoon a drop of boiling syrup into a cup of ice water, it will form a soft ball that flattens easily between your fingers.
- Remove pan from heat and stir rapidly until mixture thickens. Drop pralines by the spoonfuls, 1-inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Let cool completely until firm. Store in an airtight container.
More about "praline pecan recipes"
EASY PECAN PRALINE RECIPE - THE SOCCER MOM BLOG
2019-12-21 · With our easy pecan praline recipe you can make this melt-in-your-mouth candy at home anytime in less than an hour! Prep Time 15 mins. Cook Time 10 mins. Cooling Time 30 mins. Total Time 55 mins. Course: Dessert. Cuisine: American. Keyword: candy, pecans…
- Use a candy thermometer to check the temperature — when it reads 235-240°F remove pan from heat. (This should take about 10 minutes or so).
- Use wooden spoon to vigorously stir the mixture, so that it thickens as it cools and starts to have a cloudier appearance. This should take anywhere from 2-5 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE PRALINE PECANS IN 4 EASY STEPS ...
2016-12-16 · Remove butter from oven and add pecans, stirring to coat well. Pour egg white mixture over pecans and stir to coat evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for thirty minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. At the end of 30 minutes, the pecans will resemble pecan pie. Reduce heat to 300 and bake for 30 more minutes or until mixture is dry and pecans …
10 BEST PECAN PRALINE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
Pecan Praline Cake Recipes 156,522 Recipes. Last updated Sep 05, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 156,522 suggested recipes. Pecan Praline Cake Brown Sugar. vanilla extract, sugar, cream cheese, large egg white, milk, sugar and 14 more. Toasted Pecan Praline Cake All Our Way. toffee bits, brown sugar, light brown sugar, pecans…
See details »
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH PRALINE PECANS | BAKED BY AN INTROVERT
2020-10-20 · Praline pecans recipe. I’ve become hooked on pralines, pronounced PRAW-leans. They are a Creole adaptation of the classic French caramelized almonds. The combination of brown sugar, butter, and milk produces a soft, sugary nut patty. In New Orleans, cooks are flavoring pralines …
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread chopped pecans onto an unlined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly until the temperature reaches 230°F on an instant-read thermometer.
EASY HOMEMADE PRALINE PECANS - JEN AROUND THE WORLD
2019-10-23 · Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and set aside. In a bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy. Set aside. In another bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. Take pecans and mix with egg and water mixture. Stir until all pecans …
PRALINE PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2005-11-21 · Remove from heat, and vigorously stir in pecans. Spoon pecan mixture onto wax paper, spreading in an even layer. Let stand 20 minutes or until firm. Break praline-coated pecans apart into …
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 234°.
- Remove from heat, and vigorously stir in pecans. Spoon pecan mixture onto wax paper, spreading in an even layer. Let stand 20 minutes or until firm. Break praline-coated pecans apart into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week. Freeze in an airtight container or zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 1 month.
THE BEST SOUTHERN PRALINE PECANS RECIPE | LIFE, LOVE AND SUGAR
2019-11-25 · What you will find in common between the various recipes is that pecan pralines consist of these main components – pecans, sugar, butter and milk or cream of some sort. There are a few additional things in these pralines that contributes to their flavor and texture and makes them a step above the rest. Ingredients for Praline Pecans …
- Set out parchment paper for making the pralines on and have a tablespoon sized scoop hand and ready to go.
- 2. Add everything but the pecans, salt and vanilla extract to a medium pot and heat over medium heat. Stir regularly until it begins to foam and boil.
PRALINES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
2021-03-25 · For another praline inspired recipe, try our Easy Pecan Praline Toffee Bites. PRALINES. Authentic Pralines are wonderfully easy to make and unbelievably tasty. The crunchy pecans and caramelized candy coating come together perfectly in the heavy cream base. While the pecan halves bring a nice texture to the recipe …
See details »
NEW ORLEANS PECAN PRALINES - OUR FAMILY RECIPE | CRAVING ...
2020-12-01 · This pecan pralines recipe has been a loved family recipe for over 35 years. Whole snappy pecans in a browned sugar coating, these treats are a kind of cookie that is a classic in the south and, especially, New Orleans. New Orleans Pralines are kind of a big deal. Even though pralines …
- Combine the sugars, pecans, buttermilk, butter, and salt into a large, heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir gently but consistently until the sugar dissolves.
- Uncover and, stirring constantly, to 234 degrees on a candy thermometer. This is called the soft ball stage.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to thicken.
PECAN PRALINES | PAULA DEEN
Recipes; Pecan Pralines; Pecan Pralines. By Paula Deen. Rating: 5 11 (11) Questions; Difficulty: Medium; Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook time: 5 minutes; Servings: 5; Ingredients. 2 cups granulated sugar ; 1 cup half and half ; 1/3 stick butter ; 1/8 teaspoon baking soda ; 1 1/2 cups whole pecans ; Directions. Combine all ingredients except the pecans in a heavy saucepan. Over medium heat stir ...
11 PRALINE SAUCE RECIPE IDEAS IN 2021 | PRALINE SAUCE ...
Jun 29, 2021 - Explore Falisha Knight's board "Praline sauce recipe" on Pinterest. See more ideas about praline sauce, praline sauce recipe, pecan pralines.
17 RECIPES THAT FEATURE PRALINE PECANS - JEN AROUND THE WORLD
PECAN PRALINE MORSELS | PAULA DEEN
Recipes; Pecan Praline Morsels; Pecan Praline Morsels. By Paula Deen. Rating: 5 28 (28) Questions; Difficulty: Easy; Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes; Servings: 10; Ingredients . 2 cup whole pecans ; 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar ; 4 tablespoon heavy cream ; Directions. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread into a square baking pan, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake ...
NEW ORLEANS PRALINES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
2021-03-14 · This Southern praline recipe produces sweet, slightly crumbly, brown sugar candies loaded with toasted pecans. It's important that the pecans are well-toasted so they impart maximum flavor and crunch to the candy. But more importantly, use a candy thermometer to make sure the sugar is cooked to the right temperature. Otherwise, you might end up ...
SOUTHERN STYLE PECAN PRALINES | GARLIC & ZEST
2021-07-06 · Preheat the oven to 325°. Lay the pecans in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pecans are toasted and fragrant. Set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine the …
See details »
PECAN PRALINE FILLING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
12-14 servings. To prepare crust, ... pan. Chill Combine pecans and butter; spread evenly on ... remaining pecans to filling mixture. Pour filling over crust ... cheesecake and drizzle praline mixture over the pecans.Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
See details »
Recipes; Pecan Pralines; Pecan Pralines. Rating: 4.5 stars. 8 Ratings. 5 star values: 5 4 star values: 2 3 star values: 0 2 star values: 1 1 star values: 0 Read Reviews Add Review 8 Ratings 8 Reviews Be sure to use a heavy Dutch oven and a candy thermometer, and make pralines on a day when the weather is dry—humidity can make them grainy. Recipe …
See details »
PRALINE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Maple Walnut Pralines. Rating: Unrated. 5. An easy walnut praline recipe with minimal preparation and cooking. Warm scoops of coated walnuts are placed on a sheet of waxed paper and allowed to settle into praline mounds. Keep refrigerated in a covered container until serving. Read More. Easy Microwave Pralines.
See details »
MICROWAVE PRALINE PECANS RECIPE – MICROWAVE RECIPES
2021-06-26 · Praline Pecan Crunch Recipe – Amy Lynn’s Kitchen. Source: Microwave Pralines – Texas Farm Bureau – Table Top. Microwave on high, stirring every 30 – 60 seconds, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from microwave and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir together well.
See details »
10 BEST WHISKEY PRALINE PECAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
76,090 suggested recipes. Easy Praline Pecan Fudge Betty Crocker. butter, candied pecans, evaporated milk, brown sugar, bourbon and 1 more. Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen. light corn syrup, salt, baking soda, light brown sugar, heavy cream and 5 more. Praline Pecan Southern Sweet Potato Pie The Cooking Bride.
See details »
PECAN PRALINE RECIPE EVAPORATED MILK RECIPES WITH ...
EASY CREAMY PECAN PRALINES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS. From thespruceeats.com. In a heavy medium saucepan, add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and evaporated milk. Place the pan over medium heat, whisk to blend, and cook until the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage or 235 F when measured with a candy thermometer.
See details »
HOW TO MAKE PECAN PRALINES
2021-09-15 · The inclusion of corn syrup (light or dark) into the pecan praline recipe ensures chewiness and body and helps prevent sugar crystallization. Corn syrup helps give the candy a "caramel" texture. Texture. The texture of the pecan praline is determined by how the sugar molecules settle and cool. The more stirring and agitating results in larger sugar crystals which in turn, harden upon cooling ...
See details »