The sharpness of this pink fruit works wonderfully in a buttery curd - serve on warm scones, crumpets or in pastry tart cases
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Breakfast, Condiment
Yield Makes 2 jars
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put the rhubarb in a blender or food processor and whizz until as fine as it will go. Set a sieve over a bowl, and tip in the rhubarb, pushing pulp with a wooden spoon to get through as much juice as you can.
- Add the eggs, butter, cornflour, sugar and 250ml rhubarb juice (save the rest) to a pan and set over a very low heat. Whisk until all the butter has melted, then, using a wooden spoon, stir constantly until the curd has thickened to a consistency a little thicker than custard. Don't be tempted to increase the heat to speed up the process, as the eggs will curdle; make sure you stir right around the edge, too, as this is where it might catch first.
- Sieve the curd into a clean bowl to get rid of any eggy bits that may have curdled. Stir in 100ml more of the reserved juice and a small splash of grenadine if you would like your curd a bit pinker, before chilling. Once cold, taste - add a splash more rhubarb juice if it needs sharpening, then spoon into jars. The curd will keep, stored in the fridge, for up to a week. Eat on scones, crumpets or hot buttered toast, or dollop into sweet pastry cases to make mini curd tarts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
Don't know what to do with all that extra rhubarb in your garden? Make this tangy curd that's delicious on scones, toast, or in a yogurt parfait. Use thinner rhubarb stalks as they tend to be more tender and less stringy.
Provided by France C
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes Dessert Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place chopped rhubarb in a medium-sized saucepan. Add sugar, water, lemon juice, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb mixture into a mini food processor or blender; blend until smooth, 10 to 20 seconds. Reserve 1/3 cup and return remaining rhubarb mixture to saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk egg yolks together in a small bowl. Slowly add reserved rhubarb mixture, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk egg-rhubarb mixture back into the saucepan and continue whisking for 5 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and the curd coats the back of a metal spoon. Whisk in butter until melted and fully incorporated.
- Pour into a sterile jar and cool. Curd keeps in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42.2 calories, Carbohydrate 5.1 g, Cholesterol 42.2 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 30.6 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CURD
This sweet and slightly tart curd makes a great topping for homemade biscuits, scones, waffles, or just buttered toast! You can adjust the sweetness or tartness to your liking, depending on how sweet or tart the fruit is that you are using.
Provided by Kim's Cooking Now
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Strawberry Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pass mixture through a food mill, using the disc with the smallest holes. If you don't have a food mill, you can either puree the mixture with a food processor or immersion blender, or push it through a fine mesh strainer.
- Fill the bottom of a double-boiler with about 1 inch of water and bring water to a simmer. Combine the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar in the top of the double-boiler and whisk together. Place over the bottom of the double-boiler and continue whisking until the sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in the strawberry-rhubarb puree and continue whisking until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Add butter and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a sterile jar, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 34.9 calories, Carbohydrate 3.3 g, Cholesterol 37.8 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 18.1 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
More about "rhubarb curd recipes"
RHUBARB CURD - BAKES BY BROWN SUGAR
5/5 (3)Category DessertCuisine EnglishTotal Time 55 mins
- Sliced the rhubarb about 1/2-inch thick. Place it in a 4-quart sauce pan with 1/4 cup of sugar and let sit for 10 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water and stir together. On medium-high heat bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a low heat and cook until the rhubarb is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep the rhubarb from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Don’t leave the rhubarb unattended or you risk burning it.
- Place a medium coarse strainer over a bowl and scrape the rhubarb into the strainer. Use a large spoon to push the soft rhubarb through the strainer. You will have about 1 cup of rhubarb puree. Let the rhubarb puree cool to room temperature. At this point you can refrigerate the rhubarb puree up to 2 days. The rhubarb leftover in the strainer can be used in muffins, quick breads or stir it into your oatmeal.
- Place the rhubarb puree in a clean nonreactive sauce pan. Add the lemon juice and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk to combine and taste the mixture. At this point add more sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time if is not sweet enough. Add the egg yolks and whole eggs and whisk until well combined. Place the pan over medium heat and whisk continuously until the curd reaches 190 degrees. Do not let it boil, that could cause the eggs to curdle. Once the curd is at 190 degrees F remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Strain the curd, to remove the solids. Cover the surface of the curd with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. The curd will thicken as it cools. The curd is good is the refrigerator for up 1 week.
RECIPE: RHUBARB CURD | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
RHUBARB CURD - CHATELAINE
3.2/5 (297)Category RecipesServings 2Total Time 25 mins
RHUBARB CURD – TWO SISTERS RECIPE COLLECTION
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE (SWEETENED WITH HONEY) — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
EASY RHUBARB CURD | ASDA GOOD LIVING
VIBRANT RHUBARB TART WITH LEMON & STRAWBERRIES — ZESTFUL ...
RHUBARB RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RHUBARB CURD - TASTEBOTANICAL - EASY RHUBARB RECIPE
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE | STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS - …
EASY HOMEMADE RHUBARB CURD RECIPE - FOODESS.COM
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE - MY ISLAND BISTRO KITCHEN
RHUBARB CURD - BAKING SENSE®
RHUBARB CURD | KELLY NEIL
RHUBARB CURD - OCCASIONALLY EGGS
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE - A JAR OF CREAMY PERFECTION
RHUBARB CURD - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
MY HOMEMADE RHUBARB CURD - SARA BäCKMO
RHUBARB LEMON CURD - A CREAMY DESSERT SPREAD FROM NERDS ...
BEST RHUBARB CURD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE RHUBARB CURD SHORTBREAD
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE | SUR LA TABLE
RHUBARB CURD - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE. | LOOK WHAT I MADE ...
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE | DESSERT RECIPES | PBS FOOD
TART AND SWEET RHUBARB CURD - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
RHUBARB CURD, LUSH AND LOVELY GOODNESS - BLOSSOM TO STEM
ROOTITOOT RHUBARB CURD | ROOTITOOT
RHUBARB CURD - DESSERT SAUCE RECIPES
RHUBARB CURD | RECIPES | FUSTINI'S OILS AND VINEGARS
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE | LITTLE HOUSE BIG ALASKA
RHUBARB CURD TART - NOW FROM SCRATCH
10 RECIPES FOR RHUBARB - THEDIABETESCOUNCIL.COM
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE | FRESH TASTES BLOG | PBS FOOD
RHUBARB CURD BARS » THE COZY PLUM
EASY RHUBARB CURD RECIPE - RACHELS RECIPE PANTRY
RHUBARB AND GINGER CURD - LARDER LOVE
EASY RHUBARB CURD - A LUSCIOUS TREAT | KITCHEN FRAU
RHUBARB CURD | RECIPESTY
RHUBARB CURD RECIPE * MARVELLOUS MRS P - LIFESTYLE ...
RHUBARB CURD - NUUSH
FULL CIRCLE - RECIPE: RHUBARB CURD
RHUBARB CURD | RECIPE | RHUBARB CURD, CURD RECIPE, RHUBARB
HOW TO MAKE RHUBARB CURD - THE CHOPPING BLOCK
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CURD | RHUBARB CURD, STRAWBERRY RHUBARB ...
RHUBARB CURD - VIKALINKA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love