COLORFUL ROASTED CORN SALAD
I came up with this recipe when needing a colorful side dish to go with mild chicken enchiladas and which needed to be low spice, low acid, and without beans, tomatoes, peppers, or onions. Hope you enjoy.
Provided by scooter
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place carrot in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 cup water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and saute until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, lemon juice, water, salt, and pepper together to make the dressing. Stir in carrot, corn, zucchini, and celery. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146 calories, Carbohydrate 20.5 g, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 210.7 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
ROASTED CORN SALAD
Fresh Roasted Corn Salad is packed with sweet corns, cucumber, tomato, onion and tossed in a lemony dressing. Charred corn ads a lot of flavour to the salad. This quick salad is a perfect side dish in summer BBQs or for potlucks.
Provided by Subhasmita
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Start with roasting corn kernel. Heat a castiron skillet until smoking hot. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast the corn kernels for about 5-6 minutes, stirring in between, until the corn looks charred and smells really good.
- Keep the corn aside and let it cool completely before adding other vegetables.
- Mix well all the ingredients for the dressing and keep aside.
- For making the salad, in a salad bowl add cooled Roasted Corn, chopped Cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, onion, avocado and fresh Coriander.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing and toss everything well.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 g, Calories 134 kcal, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 12 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g
ROASTED CORN AND VEGETABLE SALAD
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat for 10 minutes and lightly oil the grate.
- Meanwhile peel back corn husks carefully, leaving them attached at the bottom. Drizzle oil over kernels and liberally sprinkle with 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning. Bring husks back up over corn.
- Grill corn, turning often, about 10 minutes. Add zucchini, bell pepper, and jalapeno to the grill and cook, turning often, to allow grill marks to form on all sides, until vegetables are tender. Carefully peel down corn husks and allow corn to slightly char, developing grill marks. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Remove and discard husks and cut kernels off corn cob. Cut zucchini and bell pepper into bite-sized pieces. Mince jalapeno.
- Combine corn, zucchini, jalapeno, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, remaining 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in avocado just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.7 calories, Carbohydrate 31.8 g, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 10.8 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 529.5 mg, Sugar 6 g
FRESH CORN SALAD
Take advantage of summer's seasonal bounty with Ina Garten's easy Fresh Corn Salad recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network, made with fresh basil.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone. Drain and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.
ROASTED CORN SALAD
Add black beans to this corn and tomato salad with basil to make it a hearty side dish.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the kernels off the corn cobs using a sharp knife. Toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Spread out on to a baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk the vinegar and mustard together in a large bowl. While whisking, slowing drizzle in the remaining 1/4 cup oil and with season with salt and pepper. Add the roasted corn, tomatoes, basil, scallions and beans and toss well.
ROASTED CORN AND BEAN SALAD
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub the corn with 1 tablespoon canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the corn on the grill and cook until lightly charred in spots and the corn is warmed through, 10 to12 minutes. Remove from the heat and, when cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cob. Reserve 1 ear of corn for another use, such as Round 2 Recipe Silver Dollar Corn Fritters.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cider vinegar, garlic, cayenne pepper and remaining canola oil. Add the beans and onions, and toss to coat. Reserve 1 cup bean mixture for another use, such as Round 2 Recipe Silver Dollar Corn Fritters.
- Stir the ham, parsley, green bell peppers and corn kernels into the bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the outer leaves of the lettuce head. Serve the salad scooped into cups of lettuce leaves.
ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD
For even more flavor, mix field greens and crisp, crumbled bacon into this appealing veggie salad. Or whisk a tablespoon of honey into the dressing. Guests will love it! -Laura McAllister, Morganton, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Drizzle with 1/4 cup oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place in 2 greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer., Cut corn from cobs; place in a large bowl. Stir in the bread, tomatoes, cheese, basil, asparagus and roasted vegetable mixture. For dressing, combine oil and vinegar; drizzle over mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 239mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CORN AND ROASTED RED PEPPER SALAD
- Combine corn, red wine vinegar, red peppers, cilantro, sugar, olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, and ginger together in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the liquid evaporates, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.7 calories, Carbohydrate 55 g, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 210.5 mg, Sugar 23.3 g
SOUTHWESTERN ROASTED CORN SALAD
- Place the corn in a large pot with enough water to cover, and soak at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Remove silks from corn, but leave the husks.
- Place corn on the preheated grill. Cook, turning occasionally, 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and discard husks.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cob, and place in a medium bowl. Mix in the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and red onion.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the cilantro, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Blend until smooth, and stir into the corn salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.1 calories, Carbohydrate 23.9 g, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 355.6 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper, to evenly coat.
- Spread the vegetables in one layer in a large roasting pan, and roast in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and allow the vegetables to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and toss with the fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss with the cheese and serve.
PAN-ROASTED CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to render fat; add onion and cook until just softened, about 5 minutes, then add corn. Continue cooking, stirring or shaking pan occasionally, until corn begins to brown a bit, about 5 more minutes; remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Drain fat if you wish. Put lime juice in a large bowl and add bacon-corn mixture; then toss with remaining ingredients. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve warm or at room temperature.
More about "roasted corn and vegetable salad recipes"
ROASTED CORN SALAD - JOY IN EVERY SEASON - RECIPES
ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD - JILL'S TABLE
ROASTED CORN, TOMATO & BASIL SALAD - MY EVERYDAY TABLE
10 BEST COLD VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED CORN AND RED PEPPER SALAD RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CORN SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST ROASTED CORN SALAD RECIPES | VEGETABLES - FOOD …
Servings 4Total Time 50 minsCategory Beans,Salad,Side,Tomatoes,Vegetables
SUMMER PASTA PRIMAVERA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
ROASTED CORN PASTA SALAD - THE FARM CHICKS
ROASTED-CORN SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED CORN SALAD WITH BBQ SAUSAGE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
CANNED CORN SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED GRILLED CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD - HEALTHY SCHOOL RECIPES
MEAL-SIZED ROASTED VEGETABLE AND FETA SALAD | RICARDO
OVEN ROASTED SOUTHWEST CORN SALAD - COOK EAT LIVE LOVE
10 BEST CORN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: ROASTED CORN SALAD - SDMAKE.ORG
ROASTED CORN SALAD (VEGAN AND GLUTEN-FREE) BY FIRST TIMER COOK
ROASTED CORN SALAD | RECIPE FROM YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
CORN SALAD RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
ROASTED CORN AND TOMATO SALAD WITH FRESH MOZZARELLA AND BASIL
ROASTED STREET CORN SALAD - FRESH SIMPLE HOME
ROASTED CORN & VEGGIE SALAD - TOBY'S FAMILY FOODS
ROASTED CORN AND NOODLE SALAD RECIPE – CHICKAPEA
ROASTED CORN SALAD - 2 COOKIN MAMAS
ROASTED CORN AND VEGETABLE SALAD | RESEP.ZONAPINTAR.COM
ROASTED CORN AND VEGETABLE SALAD | RECIPE | ROASTED CORN, CORN …
EASY RECIPE • FRESH CORN, TOMATO AND AVOCADO SALAD • FETA DRESSING
ROASTED CORN SALAD (VIDEO RECIPE) - MY TASTY CURRY
EASY COLD ROAST VEGETABLE SALAD WITH FETA AND BALSAMIC DRESSING
ROASTED RED POTATO SALAD WITH CORN | LAST INGREDIENT
ROASTED CORN AND VEGETABLE SALAD | ALLRECIPES
SUMMER CORN SALAD - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
25 CORN SALAD RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT PICNIC | TASTE OF HOME
ROASTED CORN SALAD 4 RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
ROASTED PEPPER AND CORN SALAD - LOUISIANA COOKIN
ROASTED CORN PASTA SALAD - THE FLAVOURS OF KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make fresh roasted corn salad?Fresh Roasted Corn Salad is packed with sweet corns, cucumber, tomato, onion and tossed in a lemony dressing. Charred corn ads a lot of flavour to the salad. This quick salad is a perfect side dish in summer BBQs or for potlucks. Start with roasting corn kernel. Heat a castiron skillet until smoking hot. Add 1 tablespoon of oil.
Can you cook corn and red pepper salad at the same time?Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Salad Recipe - Rachel Soszynski | Food & Wine If there is room on the grill, the peppers and corn can be cooked at the same time.Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips... If there is room on the grill, the peppers and corn can be cooked at the same time.
How do you cook corn on the cob with olive oil?Brush the corn with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning, until charred in spots but still slightly crisp, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly. Working in a large bowl, cut the kernels from the cobs. Step 3 Add the peppers and red onion to the corn. Stir in the lime juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil.
What can I add to roasted corn for a healthy meal?Make sure roasted corn is completely cool before adding any other vegetables, else other veggies would lose its crispiness. Vegetables- Start with fresh cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion. Fresh veggies will give crunchiness. You can also add chopped red or green bell pepper, Jalapeno for extra heat.