PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
The almost universal appeal of roasted chicken stems from its power to comfort. The ideal roasted chicken recipe will leave your chicken golden brown and gleaming, tender, and juicy. The crackle of chicken as it roasts and the wondrous aroma that perfumes the kitchen provoke a feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Let chicken and 1 tablespoon butter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove and discard the plastic pop-up timer from chicken if there is one. Remove the giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Rinse chicken inside and out under cold running water. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Tuck the wing tips under the body. Sprinkle the cavity of the chicken liberally with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In the center of a heavy-duty roasting pan, place onion slices in two rows, touching. Place the palm of your hand on top of lemon and, pressing down, roll lemon back and forth several times. This softens the lemon and allows the juice to flow more freely. Pierce entire surface of lemon with a fork. Using the side of a large knife, gently press on garlic cloves to open slightly. Insert garlic cloves, thyme sprigs, and lemon into cavity. Place chicken in pan, on onion slices. Cut about 18 inches of kitchen twine, bring chicken legs forward, cross them, and tie together.
- Spread the softened butter over entire surface of chicken, and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place in the oven, and roast until skin is deep golden brown and crisp and the juices run clear when pierced, about 1 1/2 hours. When chicken seems done, insert an instant-read thermometer into the breast, then the thigh. The breast temperature should read 180 degrees and the thigh 190 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven, and transfer to a cutting board with a well. Let chicken stand 10 to 15 minutes so the juices settle. Meanwhile, pour the pan drippings into a shallow bowl or fat separator, and leave onions in the pan. Leave any brown baked-on bits in the bottom of the roasting pan, and remove and discard any blackened bits. Using a large spoon or fat separator, skim off and discard as much fat as possible. Pour the remaining drippings and the juices that have collected under the resting chicken back into the roasting pan. Place on the stove over medium-high heat to cook, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock, raise heat to high, and, using a wooden spoon, stir up and combine the brown bits with the stock until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Strain the gravy into a small bowl, pressing on onions to extract any liquid. Discard onions, and stir in the remaining tablespoon of cold butter until melted and incorporated. Untie the legs, and remove and discard garlic, thyme, and lemon. Carve, and serve gravy on the side.
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
Want a roasted chicken that is juicy inside without the use of a baking bag or flour? Then this recipe is perfect. It is quick and easy to prepare. The picture shown does display a chicken that was cooked in a bag, but the chicken was also roasted with vegetables and needed the bag to immerse the vegetables in the chicken flavor. I still guarantee a juicy chicken without the use of a bag each and every time.
Provided by jenmat
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse and pat chicken thoroughly dry with paper towels. Mix margarine, garlic salt, black pepper, thyme, parsley, and rosemary in a bowl and rub the outside of the chicken thoroughly with the margarine mixture. Place any remaining margarine mixture into the cavity of the chicken. Place chicken into a glass baking dish.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until browned and the juices run clear, about 2 hours. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, not touching bone, should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 650.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 129.3 mg, Fat 52.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 41.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 1381.5 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, both halves of the lemon, and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Scatter the onion slices around the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove to a platter and cover with aluminum foil while you prepare the gravy.
- Remove all the fat from the bottom of the pan, reserving 2 tablespoons in a small cup. Add the chicken stock to the pan and cook on high heat for about 5 minutes, until reduced, scraping the bottom of the pan. Combine the 2 tablespoons of chicken fat with the flour and add to the pan. Boil for a few minutes to cook the flour. Strain the gravy into a small saucepan and season it to taste. Keep it warm over a very low flame while you carve the chicken.
- Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve immediately with the warm gravy.
THE BEST ROASTED CHICKEN
This is the best chicken I have ever made. My husband liked this so much that, because I had leftover potatoes, gravy, and cornbread stuffing, I had to make another chicken.
Provided by Patricia Feeney Monson
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix butter, garlic, thyme, rosemary, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl.
- Loosen skin on chicken breast; rub butter mixture between skin and breast meat. Press on the skin to distribute evenly. Rub oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper all over; place lemon halves inside cavity. Set in a baking pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven, basting after 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Let rest before carving, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.8 calories, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 117.4 mg, Fat 27.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 31.1 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 536.5 mg
PERFECT ROASTED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- After removing giblets (discard or save for another recipe), salt and pepper inside of chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with thyme, lemon quarters and garlic halves.
- Brush the outside of the chicken with melted butter.
- Salt and pepper outside of chicken.
- Tie the legs together with string (good idea to soak string in water prior so it won't burn in the oven) and tuck the wings under the body.
- Cook in oven for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
For the perfect roast chicken dinner every time, try this popular recipe from Ina Garten, Food Network's Barefoot Contessa.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, both halves of lemon, and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the onions, carrots, and fennel in a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper, 20 sprigs of thyme, and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve it with the vegetables.
More about "perfect roast chicken recipes"
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHRISTMAS RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Lunch & Dinner RecipesCalories 374 per serving
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook it, to let it come up to room temperature.Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/gas 9.
- Break the garlic bulb into cloves, leaving them unpeeled.Pile all the veg, garlic and herbs into the middle of a large roasting tray and drizzle with oil.Drizzle the chicken with oil and season well with sea salt and black pepper, then rub all over the bird.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.Carefully prick the lemon all over, using the tip of a sharp knife (if you have a microwave, you could pop the lemon in these for 40 seconds at this point as this will really bring out the flavour).
35 ROAST CHICKEN RECIPES THAT COME OUT PERFECT EVERY TIME
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN | RECIPES
CRISPY ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PERFECT SIMPLE ROAST CHICKEN - EASY COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - TODAY
WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPE
THE PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - GUARANTEED EVERY TIME
THE WORLD'S MOST PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - DELISH
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CAST IRON ROAST CHICKEN - CRISPY JUICY PERFECTION
I TRIED INA GARTEN'S PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - THE BEST KETO RECIPES
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - STEPHANIE HANSEN
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN AND CARROTS, PARSNIPS AND RED ONION
17 ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPES PERFECT FOR WEEKNIGHT DINNERS
HOW TO ROAST THE JUICIEST CHICKEN THIGHS
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - JOYCE FARMS HERITAGE …
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE, COOKED IN JUST 45 MINUTES
THE PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN EVERY TIME! GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | PERFECT ROAST CHICKENS (UPDATED) | RECIPES
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN IN 30 MINUTES - BROWN THUMB MAMA®
PERFECT WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - COOKIST
I MADE INA GARTEN'S PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - JCP EATS
PERFECT ROASTED CHICKEN - NESTING LANE INDULGE RECIPES
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - A SUPRISINGLY SIMPLE RECIPE
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - MAGNOLIA
GARLIC BUTTER ROAST CHICKEN - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - GOLDEN AND JUICY! [VIDEO] - THE RECIPE REBEL
THE PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN | MEAT | THE GUARDIAN
THE PERFECT ROASTED CHICKEN! - CHEF JEAN PIERRE
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - HG WALTER
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN | EMERILS.COM
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN – LAUREN GROVEMAN
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
HOW TO ROAST A PERFECT CHICKEN - KITCHN
BEST PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PERFECT ROASTED CHICKEN | TRULOCAL RECIPE
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #chicken #meat #whole-chicken #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love