ROASTED TOMATO SALSA I
This chunky, smoky salsa tastes amazing with tortilla chips. Roasted tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeno are blended with cilantro and cumin to create one of the tastiest and easiest Mexican-inspired recipes you'll ever try.
Provided by KATKRO
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium baking dish, place roma (plum) tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeno chile pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Checking often, broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until outsides of vegetables are charred.
- Remove vegetables from heat. Remove and discard tomato cores, jalapeno stem and garlic skins.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop the charred vegetables. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in cumin, salt, lime juice and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 15.7 calories, Carbohydrate 1.8 g, Fat 0.9 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 26.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
ROASTED TOMATO SALSA (SALSA ASADA)
- Preheat a medium heavy griddle or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the whole tomatoes, serrano chile and shallot and roast on the dry skillet, turning frequently, until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables and chile to a food processor and add the chicken broth and cilantro. Pulse until smooth but with some small pieces remaining, or to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
FIRE ROASTED TOMATO BLENDER SALSA
Using canned fire-roasted tomatoes in this one-bowl salsa adds a hint of char -- without turning on your oven.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In this order, put the cilantro, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, onion, lime juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a blender. Pulse until broken down but still chunky, scraping the inside of the carafe as necessary.
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA
My sister inspired me to make a green salsa similar to how you would make one by roasting tomatillos, but using all green tomatoes instead. This is a tangy and fresh tasting salsa using fresh lime juice and cilantro. Change the peppers and spices to your liking! Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping for chicken or fish.
Provided by Tammy Lynn
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place green tomatoes, onion, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper, and garlic on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until vegetables start to char, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a blender or food processor. Add cilantro, lime juice, kosher salt, cumin, and black pepper. Process until well blended. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 10.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1.4 g, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 62.7 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
ROASTED TOMATO SALSA
Our family's all-time favorite salsa, this recipe is the reason we grow a huge garden every summer. We make gallons of it and share with our neighbors. You might find yourself eating it right out of the bowl with a spoon. -Donna Kelly, Orem, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 32 servings (8 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Arrange 6 tomatoes cut side down on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters, about 4 minutes. Cool slightly; drain well., In a food processor, process uncooked and roasted tomatoes in batches until chunky. Transfer all to a large bowl., Place the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, lime zest and remaining oil in the food processor. Cover and process until blended; add to tomatoes. Stir in the peppers, onions, cumin, paprika, chipotle pepper, salt and hot sauce. Let stand 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 155mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEN (UN-RIPE) TOMATO SALSA FOR CANNING
Summer heat came late and left a bit early this year...leaving lots of green tomatoes! This "throw together" green tomato salsa was declared "the best salsa I've ever had" by my brother-in-law. Cooking time includes canning process.
Provided by yogiclarebear
Yield 8 pints
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine everything in a large pot, mixing well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To continue canning, bring salsa to a boil.
- Ladle salsa into hot sterile jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe lids and jar edges clean before finger tightening lids and placing them back in the boiling canning pot.
- Process (boil) jars for 15 minutes.
- Remove carefully and let sit for 24 hours. Check lids for seal, and refrigerate any unsealed jars.
GREEN TOMATO SALSA
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place in a bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes., Using tongs, place tomatoes, a few at a time, in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove tomatoes; cool slightly. Peel and finely chop tomatoes; place in a large bowl., Remove skin, stems and seeds from charred peppers. Finely chop peppers; add to tomatoes. Stir in onion and garlic., Place all remaining ingredients except chips in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add to tomato mixture, stirring to combine. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 50mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED GARLIC GREEN TOMATO SALSA
- In an ungreased iron skillet or comal, roast the jalapenos over medium heat, turning frequently, until blistered and charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the jalapenos from the pan and soak them in a bowl of ice water, and when they have cooled, rub off the charred outer skin with your fingers and throw the skin away.
- Stem and deseed the chiles and dice them very fine, and set aside.
- Core the tomatoes and remove as many seeds as possible; cut into a fine dice and place in a bowl with all other ingredients; stir well to blend.
- Check seasoning in salsa and allow to sit for 1 hour or so before serving to develop flavor.
More about "roasted green tomato salsa recipes"
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA - PEPPER BOWL
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 25 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 43 per serving
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA VERDE – GARDEN BETTY
ROASTED GREEN TOMATOES ARE NOT PRETTY BUT THEY’LL …
GREEN TOMATO SALSA - HEALTHY CANNING
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA VERDE - CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA - MIDWEXICAN
4.8/5 (6)Category SnackServings 3Total Time 30 mins
WHAT TO DO WITH GREEN TOMATOES (12 BEST GREEN TOMATO RECIPES)
END OF HARVEST ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SAUCE - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
PUT THOSE TOMATOES TO USE IN THESE SIMPLE RECIPES FOR PASTA, SALAD …
GREEN TOMATO ROASTED SALSA IN JANUARY | MARY AND TOM'S KITCHEN
HEIRLOOM TOMATO SALSA FRESCA - HEIRLOOM HISTORY & RECIPE
ROASTED TOMATO AND TOMATILLO SALSA | MEXICAN PLEASE
LAYING UP TREASURES (AND A RECIPE FOR ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA …
ROASTED GREEN TOMATOES AND SWEET PEPPERS SALSA - ROTI N RICE
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED GREEN TOMATILLO SALSA (SALSA VERDE)
GREEN TOMATO SALSA (GF) - THE TOMATO
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TOMATILLO AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE (TANGY AND CREAMY)
GREEN TOMATO SALSA - A COUPLE COOKS
SALSA VERDE WITH GREEN TOMATOES – ROASTED SALSA VERDE RECIPE
GREEN SALSA | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
ROASTED GREEN SALSA - EATING FROM THE GROUND UP
RECIPE: CHUNKY ROASTED SALSA - RECIPELINK.COM
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA WITH BURRITOS - ULTRATRUFFLE
GREEN TOMATO SALSA VERDE - BLOSSOM AND FINN
RICK BAYLESSROASTED TOMATILLO SALSA - RICK BAYLESS
NOT QUITE FRIED GREEN TOMATO SALSA - JANE'S ADVENTURES IN DINNER
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA – BIJOUXS | LITTLE JEWELS FROM …
13 WAYS TO PRESERVE TOMATOES: RECIPES TO FREEZE, CAN, AND MORE
ROASTED TOMATILLO SALSA VERDE RECIPE (GREEN SALSA)
ROASTED GREEN TOMATOES SALSA - ALEX BECKER MARKETING
ROASTED-TOMATO SALSA RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ROASTED TOMATILLO SALSA VERDE - INSPIRED TASTE
GREEN TOMATO SALSA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP AND TOMATILLO SALSA - SENIORS GUIDE
RESTAURANT STYLE SALSA – A COUPLE COOKS
FROM THE GARDEN: FIRE-ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA
FAVORITE SOUTHERN COUNTRY COOKING: OVEN-ROASTED GREEN TOMATOES
ROASTED GREEN TOMATO SALSA - TAPROOT FARM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make green tomato salsa verde?Roasted Green Tomato Salsa Verde. Unripe green tomatoes take the place of tomatillos to make a bright, tangy salsa with a hint of heat. Ingredients. Instructions. Slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise and place them in a baking dish. Add a generous drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and toss to combine.
How to cook roasted tomato salsa?This roasted tomato salsa is the best combination of smoky, sweet, and spicy! You’ll be hooked after one dip. Heat a grill to medium high heat. Place the whole tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves, and jalapeño on the hot grill. Turn frequently for 7-10 minutes until charred and softened.
How to cook fresh green tomatoes in the oven?Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place green tomatoes, onion, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper, and garlic on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven until vegetables start to char, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
How to make salsa with tomatillos?Add the tomatoes, jalapeño, and garlic to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl, then stir in the onion, cilantro, cumin, and lime juice. If desired, add salt to taste. Unripe green tomatoes take the place of tomatillos to make a bright, tangy salsa with a hint of heat.