PEPPER AVOCADO SALSA
Much of our summer menu is done on the grill, and peppers and avocados are favorites in my family. That led me to create this recipe to help spice up our barbecued entrees. I have also served it as an appetizer or thin wedges of bread and as a topping for easy country-style dishes like chicken and rice pilaf. With our 14-year-old daughter, we live on 4 wooded acres on Mt. Pisqua. -Theresa Mullens, Gill, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, peel and chop the avocado; stir into the salsa.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 4mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ROASTED TOMATO SALSA WITH A SMASHED AVOCADO AND CHIPS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Smashed Avocado:;
- Preheat grill over high heat.
- Grill the tomatoes until charred. Remove from heat to a small bowl until cool enough to tough. Peel and reserve.
- Add the dried peppers to a saute pan on the grill, and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side to bring out the aroma. Do not burn.
- To a blender, add the tomatoes, all of the peppers, cilantro, garlic, lime, onion and salt, to taste. Blend until almost smooth.
- Cut tortillas into triangles and brush with vegetable oil. Add to a perforated grill pan on the grill. Cook a couple of minutes on each side until they turn a light golden color and are crisp. Do not burn. Remove to a serving bowl and season with salt, cumin and a squeeze of lime.
- Halve, pit, peel and slice the avocado. Add to a bowl, sprinkle with the lime juice and season with salt, to taste. Coarsely mash.
- Serve chips in a large bowl tossed with salsa and avocado.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
CHILLED ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP WITH AVOCADO-CHILE SALSA
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 18
- To make the soup, heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat until very hot. Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the cumin and saute for 2 minutes longer. Add the Marsala and reduce until about 1/2 cup remains, about 4 minutes. Add the peppers and stock, decrease the heat to medium, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the cilantro and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Carefully puree the soup in a blender. Transfer the soup to a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours. (If the soup is too thick after chilling, thin it down with a bit more stock.)
- Meanwhile, to prepare the salsa, combine the onion, garlic, chiles, and avocados in a bowl, and mix well. Add the lime juice, mix well, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, and garnish with the salsa, creme fraiche, and a cilantro sprig.
ROASTED FRESH PEPPER SALSA
- Roast jalapenos, Anaheim, and bell peppers over gas flame, or under broiler, until blackened all over, turning as needed. Transfer to large bowl, cover tightly with plastic, and let steam until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Peel and seed peppers. Reserve liquid collected in bowl. Cut jalapenos into half-inch pieces, Anaheims and bells into one-inch pieces. Transfer peppers and any reserved juices to small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to peppers; combine. Garnish with reserved cilantro. Will keep, covered, in refrigerator, 4 to 6 hours.
AVOCADO AND RED PEPPER SALSA
- Half and stone the avocados.
- Scoop out and finely dice the flesh.
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Slice the top off the pepper and pull out the central core.
- Shake out any remaining seeds.
- Cut the pepper into thin strips and then dice up the thin strips.
- Halve the chilies, remove their seeds and finelt chop them.
- Mix the chilies, coriander, oil, lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the avocado, red onion and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour in the chili and coriander dressing and toss the mixture well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.6, Fat 21.5, SaturatedFat 3, Sodium 12.8, Carbohydrate 18, Fiber 8.6, Sugar 5.7, Protein 3.6
ROASTED TOMATILLO-POBLANO-AVOCADO SALSA
One of my favorite new cookbooks of this season is "A Mouthful of Stars" (Andrews McMeel), by Kim Sunée. The book is a memoir, travelogue and cookbook all rolled into one, written by an author who earlier published another compelling memoir with recipes, "Trail of Crumbs." Kim is a poetic world traveler who loves many cuisines. She is a big fan of taco trucks and loves salsa, the spicier the better. This salsa is based on her recipe for roasted tomatillo-poblano salsa. I love its balance of char, heat, acid and creamy. I'm a moderate when it comes to heat, but you can make this hotter by adding more chiles.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield About 2 cups, serving 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment. Place tomatillos, chiles (both types), onion, and garlic on the parchment and drizzle on olive oil. Add salt to taste and toss together with your hands. Place in oven and roast 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until blistered and softened. Remove from heat.
- Place roasted vegetables, with any juice from the pan, in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse until well blended but not puréed. Add cilantro, cumin, avocado and lime juice and pulse until blended. Taste and adjust salt. Serve at once or store in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 108, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 256 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
AVOCADO AND ROASTED TOMATILLO SALSA
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove husks and rinse tomatillos under warm water to remove stickiness. Halve onion half and arrange on rack of a broiler pan with tomatillos and garlic. Broil vegetables 1 to 2 inches from heat, turning them once, until softened and slightly charred, about 10 minutes.
- Peel garlic and put in a food processor with tomatillos, onion, cilantro, and salt. Wearing rubber gloves, discard seeds from jalapeño if desired and coarsely chop. Add jalapeño to tomatillo mixture and puree until mixture is almost smooth. Transfer tomatillo mixture to a bowl.
- Halve and pit avocado and scoop flesh into tomatillo mixture. With a fork mash avocado into mixture, leaving texture coarse.
CHILLED RED & YELLOW PEPPER SOUP WITH AVOCADO SALSA
- For the soup: In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, bring to a boil, and simmer for 3 minutes; transfer to a medium bowl to cool.
- Place half of the cooled broth mixture in a blender (make sure to get an equal amount of liquid and onions); add yellow peppers and 1⁄2 cup of the yogurt; purée until smooth.
- Transfer yellow pepper purée to a covered container and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Rinse blender and transfer remaining broth mixture to it. Add red peppers and remaining 1⁄2 cup yogurt; purée until smooth.
- Transfer red pepper purée to another covered container and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- For the salsa: While soups are chilling, in a small bowl combine avocado, cilantro, and lime juice.
- To serve the soup, simultaneously ladle a generous 1⁄2 cup of the yellow pepper soup and a generous 1⁄2 cup of the red pepper soup into each of 4 shallow bowls, allowing soups to meet in center. Garnish each with salsa and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.5, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 3.7, Sodium 229.4, Carbohydrate 17.2, Fiber 3, Sugar 6.2, Protein 7.4
CORN AND AVOCADO SALSA
Lime juice combined with avocados and corn make this yummy salsa go well with plain tortilla chips or with grilled chicken. Make just before serving for the best flavor and texture.
Provided by CARI
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the corn in a large pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook until kernels are tender but crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain, and cool in cold water. Use a knife to scrape kernels from the cobs.
- Place kernels in a medium bowl. Stir in avocados, red onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Add cumin, red pepper flakes, and cilantro. Mix in vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 10.2 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 65.2 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
More about "roasted pepper avocado salsa recipes"
ROASTED BELL PEPPER AND AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE
Cuisine SouthwestEstimated Reading Time 50 secsCategory AppetizerTotal Time 30 mins
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over avocado mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use. Remove from refrigerate 1/2 hour before using to bring to room temperature.
ROASTED PEPPER-AVOCADO SALSA - APPETIZERS AND SNACKS
THE BEST SALSA VERDE RECIPE WITH AVOCADO - TWO LAZY GOURMETS
ROASTED PEPPER-AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE
ZESTY AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
ROASTED PEPPER-AVOCADO SALSA | RECIPE | STUFFED PEPPERS ...
ROASTED POBLANO SALSA WITH CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO | THE ...
ROASTED CORN AND AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE - MOMTASTIC
ROASTED PEPPER SALSA - EATING WORKS
ROASTED PEPPER-AVOCADO SALSA - REVIEW BY GITANO ...
AVOCADO-AND-ROASTED-TOMATILLO SALSA RECIPE - TIM …
PEPPER AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE
EASY ROASTED TOMATILLO AVOCADO SALSA - A SPRINKLE AND A SPLASH
ROASTED TOMATILLO AVOCADO SALSA! - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
AVOCADO CORN SALSA - THE CHUNKY CHEF
MOM'S AWARD-WINNING ROASTED TOMATILLO AVOCADO SALSA ...
AVOCADO SALSA - DAN BUETTNER
ROASTED CHILE CORN SALSA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
THE BEST EVER ROASTED TOMATILLO & AVOCADO SALSA VERDE RECIPE
AVOCADO ROASTED CORN SALSA - VEGETARIAN | VEGAN | RECIPES ...
CREAMY TOMATILLO AVOCADO SALSA - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
ROASTED PEPPER-AVOCADO SALSA - PLAIN.RECIPES
ROASTED SALMON WITH AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE - COOKIN CANUCK
ROASTED PEPPER AND AVOCADO PASTA - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
ROASTED TOMATILLO & AVOCADO SALSA - FLAVORFUL EATS
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH SALSA RECIPE — BITE ME MORE
POBLANO AVOCADO SAUCE WITH ROASTED POBLANOS | THE RUSTIC ...
ROASTED TOMATO SALSA - INSPIRED TASTE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make avocados salsa at home?Add the avocados, cilantro, sugar, cumin and 1/2 cup of water and puree until smooth. Add the onion, oregano and lime juice and pulse once or twice until incorporated. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and season with salt. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
How to roast avocados in the oven?Place veggies to roast in the oven for about 15 minutes. Prep your avocado’s by removing the pits and set them aside. Remove cookie sheet from the oven, your tomatillo’s should be extremely tender. Place the tomatillo’s, onion, minced garlic, jalapenos, cilantro, avocados, lime juice, salt, and cumin in a blender or food processor.
How do you cook tomatillos and avocado salsa verde?Simple, creamy, and delicious - this tomatillo and avocado salsa verde is great with tortilla chips or on top of your favorite Mexican dish. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatillos in a strainer or colander and rinse under cold water. Remove tomatillo's natural wrapper and rinse to remove sticky residue.
How to make spicy salsa from peppers?Peel most of the skins from the peppers and remove the seeds. For a spicier salsa, leave in some or all of the seeds. Remove the softened garlic from peel. Add roasted tomatoes, peppers, garlic flesh, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt to a food processor or blender.