PERNIL AL HORNO
- For the pork and liquid mix: Begin by taking a chef's knife to slice and pull back the skin of the pork leg. Then whisk the wine, Worcestershire, mustard and salt in a bowl until blended. Using a kitchen syringe, inject the liquid mixture around the bone, leaving 1/3 cup to add with the chopped mix.
- For the chopped mix: Whisk the garlic, onions, bell peppers, rosemary and bay leaves with the leftover liquid mix. Then take a paring knife to make small cuts intermittently on the leg. Once you have completed 20 to 25 holes (depending upon the size of the leg), stuff each hole with the chopped mix. Place the skin back over the leg and then transfer to a deep dish to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the cooking liquid: Add the chicken stock and wine to the pork in a deep roasting pan. Cook 1 hour per every 2.2 pounds, 7 to 10 hours.
DADDY EDDIE'S ROAST PORK (PERNIL), PUERTO RICAN-STYLE
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a mortar and pestle; mash into a paste.
- Make deep slits into the pork with a small knife. Stuff slits with the paste; rub any remaining paste over the pork.
- Place pork in a plastic roasting bag and put in a roasting pan with a rack. Let marinate in the refrigerator, 8 to 48 hours.
- Take pork out of the refrigerator, uncover, and bring to room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Roast pork skin-side down in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 2 hours. Flip pork and continue roasting, skin-side up, until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), 2 to 4 hours more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 111.6 mg, Fat 23.7 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 31.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 966.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
PORK ROAST (PERNIL AL HORNO) RECIPE - (4.1/5)
Provided by jdelrio
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl mix together the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and olive oil. Mix well. Pat meat dry. With a sharp knife cut the fat away from the meat, leaving an edge attached and keeping it all in one piece. Start at the wide end and go to the narrow end. You don't have to separate it completely, leave enough still connected so that you can flip the fat over to the side while you season the meat itself. The fat will be placed over the seasoned meat and will cook over the meat giving it more flavor. Season the side of the fat that goes over the meat with a bit of the seasoning also, just that one side by running your hand on it. The other side (the top) should only have salt. Make very deep slits all over the meat and season the meat making sure that seasoning goes into all the slits. Put the fat back over the meat to look the same as before it was cut and sprinkle it with salt. Refrigerate the shoulder, covered with plastic wrap, for 24 hours. Let the meat get back into room temperature before cooking, if it was refrigerated. (About one hour). Place the meat in a deep pan with the fat side up. There will be a lot of grease so be sure to use a deep pan that is at least 2" deep. The fat side up will make nice crunchy "cueritos." Do not cover with foil. Preheat the oven for at least 30 minutes before placing the meat inside. Cook in a 400ºF oven for one hour, then reduce temperature to 300ºF for about 4 hours or so, do not turn meat. When the meat is done, you can pick on the side with a fork to see if it shreds. If the cuerito is not crispy enough for your satisfaction, then leave it in the oven and raise the temperature again to 400ºF and cook another 15 or so until it is crispy. It will crisp fast so keep your eye on it. Remove the meat from the oven and let it rest on the counter for about 20 to 30 minutes before carving. To carve, remove the cuerito completely and set aside. Carve the meat and then cut the cuerito into pieces and place over the meat. If you're going to take this to a party put it in an oven-safe container and put it back in a 200ºF to keep it warm, DO not cover it because the crispy cueritos will get soft if you do. Cut the cuerito and serve meat with a piece of cuerito on each place. Enjoy.
SPANISH ROASTED PORK (PERNIL)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Rub pork shoulder all over with lime.
- Mash garlic into paste in a mortar and pestle or pilon. Transfer to a bowl; mix in salt, 1 tablespoon oil, oregano, black pepper, adobo seasoning, and vinegar.
- Lift skin off the pork to 1-inch from the narrow part of the bone. Make 3/4-inch slits all over the pork with a sharp knife. Stuff seasoned garlic paste into the slits. Pull skin back over to cover the pork.
- Mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil and sazon seasoning together in a small bowl. Rub over the skin of the pork.
- Transfer pork to a large roasting pan. Pour in beer. Cover with aluminum foil, sealing well.
- Roast in the preheated oven until slightly pink in the center, about 3 hours.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Uncover pork and continue roasting until skin is golden brown and crispy, about 2 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.2 calories, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 100.5 mg, Fat 25.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 26.4 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 1170.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL AL HORNO)
Roasted pork shoulder. Growing up I used to wake up to the aroma of the pork shoulder cooking in the oven. Such a wonderful smell. My favorite part is the cuerito ( crunchy skin)"
Provided by Tiffany Marie
Categories Puerto Rican
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Wash meat with vinegar and lemon juice.
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Pat dry the meat.
- Season the meat with the marinade.
- Add the salt to the skin.
- Let marinate 1 day before.
- Place in oven at 350 cover with foil.
- After 4 hours uncover and let the skin get crispy raising the temperature to 450.
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER
This is my favorite way to cook a pork shoulder roast. Very tender and delicious! This recipe came from the "Paula Deen Cooking Show" (Food Network). I've changed the prep procedure to make it easier and reduced the sprinkled on salt mixture to 1/4 of the original amount called for in the print-out version of the recipe (Think it was posted wrong!) ENJOY!!!
Provided by Rick B2
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub roast well on all sides with liquid smoke.
- Combine salt, garlic powder and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 Tbs of the above mixture to the seasoned salt and sprinkle this mixture on all sides of roast---You may not need to use it all, use your own judgement.
- Place roast in a large roasting pan or dutch oven---add the onion, water (pour around roast, not over it) and bay leaves.
- Cover, place in oven and cook for 2 1/2- 3 hours, or until internal temperature of meat is 170 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and pan-- let roast cool for a few minutes.
- Slice meat or shred as for pulled pork (I usually do half sliced and half pulled).
- Serve on bread or buns with your favorite BBQ sauce or coat bread or buns with mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 723.1, Fat 54.4, SaturatedFat 18.9, Cholesterol 214.7, Sodium 1361.5, Carbohydrate 2.2, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.8, Protein 52.2
More about "roasted pork shoulder pernil al horno recipes"
DOMINICAN ROAST PORK SHOULDER - PERNIL AL HORNO RECIPE
5/5 (5)Total Time 8 hrsCuisine American, Latin AmericanCalories 127 per serving
- Rinsed and clean the Pork Shoulder (5 pound) and pat it dry. Using a knife poke the pork shoulder making as many holds possible.
- Mix in the Ground Oregano (1 tablespoon), Onion Powder (1 tablespoon), Ground Black Pepper (1/2 tablespoon), Smoked Paprika (1 tablespoon), Chicken Bouillon Powder (1 tablespoon), Salt (3 teaspoon) and Garlic Paste (2 1/2 tablespoon) into the citrus juice. Pour this marinade over the pork, making sure you cover as much of the outside as you can.
PERNIL AL HORNO RECIPE (PUERTO RICAN ROAST PORK SHOULDER)
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PERNIL AL HORNO (ROAST PORK SHOULDER) RECIPE
5/5 (2)Total Time 5 hrsServings 8Calories 529 per serving
PERNIL DOMINICANO | ROASTED PORK SHOULDER - CHEF ZEE COOKS
PERNIL (PUERTO RICAN SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER) RECIPE
PERNIL (ROAST PORK SHOULDER) RECIPE - THE HUNGRY HUTCH
ROAST PORK SHOULDER - PERNIL ASADO TRADITIONAL RECIPE
PUERTO RICAN PORK ROAST RECIPE – PERNIL AL HORNO
PERNIL AL HORNO (ROAST PORK SHOULDER) RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER ON OVEN: PERNIL - PERNIL AL HORNO | PUERTO …
Author shirley demitroFormat Kindle Edition
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL AL HORNO) – RECIPES NETWORK
PERNIL (ROASTED PORK SHOULDER) - BIGOVEN
PERNIL AL HORNO - MY RECIPE MAGIC
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL AL HORNO) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER - AIDA'S KITCHEN
PERNIL ASADO COLOMBIANO (COLOMBIAN-STYLE ROASTED PORK LEG)
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL AL HORNO) | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
DOMINICAN ROAST PORK SHOULDER - PERNIL AL HORNO RECIPE | SIDECHEF
PERNIL AL HORNO (ROAST PORK SHOULDER) (PUERTO RICO)
RECIPE: ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL DE CERDO AL HORNO)
PERNIL AL HORNO - ROASTED PORK SHOULDER - YOUTUBE
PERNIL DE CERDO AL HORNO - ROASTED PORK SHOULDER - PUERTO RICAN …
PERNIL AL HORNO – ROAST PORK – 2FOR66
PORK ROAST (PERNIL AL HORNO) RECIPE | RECIPE | PORK ROAST, PORK BUTT ...
PERNIL: PUERTO RICAN ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE - MEATWAVE
PERNIL RECIPE (ROAST PORK SHOULDER) - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC PERNIL (SPANISH ROASTED PORK SHOULDER)
MILAGROS'S FAMOUS PERNIL AL HORNO - COOKSTR.COM
PERNIL AL HORNO | RECIPE | PORK SHOULDER ROAST, FOOD, PUERTO RICAN …
PERNIL (PUERTO RICAN ROAST PORK SHOULDER WITH CRACKLING)
PERNIL (PUERTO RICAN ROAST PORK) - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL AL HORNO) - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL AL HORNO) RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE
ROAST PORK PERNIL RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
PORK ROAST (PERNIL AL HORNO) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PERNIL (ROASTED PORK SHOULDER) - THE DAILY SPESHYL
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL AL HORNO) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PORK ROAST (PERNIL AL HORNO) RECIPE | RECIPE | PORK ROAST, PORK, …
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (PERNIL AL HORNO) RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is pernil al horno?This is a delicious Puerto Rican pork roast recipe (Pernil al Horno) that makes a wonderful change-up for the holidays. My sister’s mother-in-law, Regina Perez of New York, introduced our family to this wonderful Puerto Rican pork roast.
What is the best way to prepare Spanish pork shoulder?True Spanish pork shoulder (pernil al horno). Please be ready to get a little messy. Mix sazon seasoning, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano together in a small bowl. Rinse roast and pat dry.
What is pernil pork roast?The pork roast is roasted slowly in the oven until the meat is tender and the skin on top is crackling and crisp. During the Christmas holiday season, Pernil is often made in Latin-American homes.
What is the best way to prepare pernil al horno?True Spanish pork shoulder (pernil al horno). Please be ready to get a little messy. Mix sazon seasoning, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano together in a small bowl. Rinse roast and pat dry. Separate the fat from the meat with a sharp knife, starting at the wide end and going to the narrow end; don't cut it off all the way.